China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Smurfy nothing is crushed. Nothing.

Society is barely functioning. When it does that is when we tell.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 10, 2020, 02:18:55 PM
Follow the facts not the science
Wobblers 100% correct
The fact is men like radio Milltown Ross has everything cancelled until 2021. Because they read it somewhere. I take it the spike in America was because they are going about their business as normal before they even slowed the curve
We are easing things slowly when affectively we have it crushed, Crushed I tell you
Those men on furlough looking it to go on forever

Back to work, wife still working, it's 3.39pm still sending emails and corrections to pupils answering parents questions on how it's difficult for wee Johnny as she's not a maths teacher and can't help him..

No one I know on furlough wants to be off forever, can't afford too

Wobbler is 100% correct on nothing, he's already said he knows nothing about this so I agree with him on that

Fixed that bit also for you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2020, 03:46:24 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 10, 2020, 02:18:55 PM
Follow the facts not the science
Wobblers 100% correct
The fact is men like radio Milltown Ross has everything cancelled until 2021. Because they read it somewhere. I take it the spike in America was because they are going about their business as normal before they even slowed the curve
We are easing things slowly when affectively we have it crushed, Crushed I tell you
Those men on furlough looking it to go on forever

Back to work, wife still working, it's 3.39pm still sending emails and corrections to pupils answering parents questions on how it's difficult for wee Johnny as she's not a maths teacher and can't help him..

No one I know on furlough wants to be off forever, can't afford too

Wobbler is 100% correct on nothing, he's already said he knows nothing about this so I agree with him on that

Fixed that bit also for you

Wee Johnny is Ok here for maths, languages, now that's another story..........

Smurfy123

Pull the other one milltown
Teachers have done little or nothing since lockdown
Back in this month getting things organised for September
And you know it too

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 10, 2020, 04:40:08 PM
Pull the other one milltown
Teachers have done little or nothing since lockdown
Back in this month getting things organised for September
And you know it too

Right OK ! Numpty
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 10, 2020, 02:42:04 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52993734

Interesting article.

Just imagine the difference if they'd bothered their hole to restrict air travel.

It's not like it wasn't blindingly f**king obvious or anything.  ::)

Wonder will the penny drop when it comes to reopening the internal economy and how they control/police the "bio-borders".

edit: and there is no point responding to Smurfy. The wind might blow a different direction tomorrow. The "facts not science" line is particularly enlightening - I assume he's examining the entrails of a goat or something to determine his facts... as obviously the scientific method need not apply.
i usse an speelchekor

Smurfy123

Yes the facts
Things were improving every week and many were saying no we won't be able to do this that and the other this year
I was clearly stating that things are improving and in 3 weeks things will start to improve but no it was as if posters were set that the year was done
And now see when things are massively improving not as much posting on here. You can guarantee if things were bad the posting on this thread would be a lot more
Good news doesn't sell

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 11, 2020, 12:10:41 AM

Interesting article.

Just imagine the difference if they'd bothered their hole to restrict air travel.

Wonder will the penny drop when it comes to reopening the internal economy and how they control/police the "bio-borders".

I remember at the start of it you called it and I said they wouldn't close the airports, I completely agree with you by the way but I knew they would never pull the airports. My worry is, this is not a one off, or certainly there could be more 'importation'of the virus, there seems to be no appetite to restrict travel which is worrying because no matter your political allegiance the recognition that we are different, because we are an island was our biggest advantage - Spain, Italy etc had no chance.

The North are absolutely uselsss politically unfortunately, if SF said we need to try and close the borders as a starting point should it flare up again the DUP must immediately disagree, that's their game and the rod they've made for their own backs (anyone who thinks they actually dislike either other and don't consult before these public twisting matches I'm afraid is a bit behind...)

The South needs to be leading this, preparation for the next wave (I despise that term...) or indeed illness starts now. The biggest thing we should have learned is that in times of trouble, we are out. Borders closed. Sorry....It should be that easy. It's a bit of legal minefield but being an island we should have certain policy in place now that we are centred on this issue.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 11, 2020, 09:26:40 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 11, 2020, 12:10:41 AM

Interesting article.

I remember at the start of it you called it and I said they wouldn't close the airports, I completely agree with you by the way but I knew they would never pull the airports. My worry is, this is not a one off, or certainly there could be more 'importation'of the virus, there seems to be no appetite to restrict travel which is worrying because no matter your political allegiance the recognition that we are different, because we are an island was our biggest advantage - Spain, Italy etc had no chance.

The North are absolutely uselsss politically unfortunately, if SF said we need to try and close the borders as a starting point should it flare up again the DUP must immediately disagree, that's their game and the rod they've made for their own backs (anyone who thinks they actually dislike either other and don't consult before these public twisting matches I'm afraid is a bit behind...)

The South needs to be leading this, preparation for the next wave (I despise that term...) or indeed illness starts now. The biggest thing we should have learned is that in times of trouble, we are out. Borders closed. Sorry....It should be that easy. It's a bit of legal minefield but being an island we should have certain policy in place now that we are centred on this issue.

We need to take our lead from South on this without doubt. Not only this but everything. I have been saying this for years, forget about FG or FF bashing for a minute, they are just simply miles ahead of us up here strategically and economically. The ROI has made unreal strides in last 30 years, a great country(hopefully we will be 32 again), has probems, but I tell you this extreme left wing polictics and virtue signalling aren't the solution

Hereiam

If it does flare up all airports and ferry crossings need to be closed except for frieght which can be controlled and tested. The south should call it and this in turn will put pressure on SF etc to get the same done.

Smurfy123

No new Covid hospital admissions in the south this last 48 hours
Some going
People in hospital below 100 for the first time in 3 months
No ICU admissions in a week

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 11, 2020, 06:42:02 PM
No new Covid hospital admissions in the south this last 48 hours
Some going
People in hospital below 100 for the first time in 3 months
No ICU admissions in a week
Crushed? Crushed?  ;D

Department stores opening up. Kids will have somewhere to go now, god bless them

GalwayBayBoy

Prof Hendrik Streeck predicts there will be no second wave

By Justin Huggler
BERLIN
10 June 2020 • 5:13pm

One of Germany's most prominent virologists has said the country's lockdown was unnecessary to defeat the coronavirus.

"We went into lockdown too quickly because the prevailing concern was that there might not be enough intensive care beds and that there was pressure from the public," Prof Hendrik Streeck said.

"We are seeing a lot of asymptomatic cases, that is infections with no consequences. This means we can assess the danger from the virus better. I still don't believe that at the end of the year we will have had more deaths in Germany than in other years."

Prof Streeck led the first comprehensive study into the effects of the coronavirus on an entire community in the German town of Gangelt.

The controversial study found the fatality rate for the virus was much lower than at first thought, at just 0.37 per cent.

It also found that ten times more people than previously thought may have acquired immunity to the virus.

"My position has always been that the virus should not be trivialized, but that it shouldn't be overdramatised either," Prof Streeck told Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung newspaper.

"I agreed with the initial restrictions and the ban on major events. After they were imposed, the infection process already started to decrease. I would have made further measures, such as contact restrictions, dependent on the actual course of the outbreak, in order to see how effective restrictions are and whether additional steps are really necessary."

Prof Streeck said he did not expect a second wave of infections. "I don't think we'll see a big surge in Covid 19 infections again, but if we do we should be careful not to take such strong measures as we did in the spring," he said.

"There will always be further outbreaks. So far, they have been rather harmless. Of course that requires coordinated and continuous monitoring."

Prof Streeck's intervention comes with no sign of a second wave in Germany more than seven weeks after the country began lifting its lockdown.

But his claims are likely to stir controversy. The Gangelt study he headed came under sustained attack from rival scientists who claimed it underplays the risk from the virus.

They claim it was commissioned for political purposes by the regional government of North Rhine-Westphalia, whose leader Armin Laschet opposed the lockdown — allegations Prof Streeck denies.

He spoke out in support of schools reopening. "Children are not major carriers for this virus. This is known virologically. The decision now has to be made politically," he said.

"In any case, teachers have no higher risk of infection than other professional groups that work with people, such as nurses or sales staff."

And he was critical of the requirement to wear facemasks in shops and on public transport in Germany.

"At the beginning of the pandemic, masks were specifically warned against. The reasons for this still apply, even if, strangely enough, they no longer seem to matter to anyone.

"People shuffle the masks in their pockets, hold them constantly and strap them over their mouths for two weeks, probably unwashed. This is a wonderful breeding ground for bacteria and fungi."

armaghniac

3,090 people testing in California and  1,698 people in Florida.
Twice as bad as England at present.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B