Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

But that is what you are going to get,even if they qualify for the Group Stages.The team that beat Barca wasn't exactly a team of Lionel Messis.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2016, 03:03:13 PM
But that is what you are going to get,even if they qualify for the Group Stages.The team that beat Barca wasn't exactly a team of Lionel Messis.

Tony if the players are mid level championship player do you think any manager in the world could take them were you want them to go.

Rodgers almost won the league with Liverpool, he is a spoofer but he is a good manager.

The loss to Lincoln Red Imps was pathetic but is it any different than United losing 4 0 against a lower league team in a cup a few seasons ago.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2016, 02:32:01 PM
If Rogers succeeds I'll be the first to applaud him.I don't see any signs though.Defeated by Lincoln was three times worse than England's defeat to Iceland.The guy has arrogance but no.passion and as he proved.with Liverpool does not learn from his mistakes.

None of Celtic's potential opponents in next round can match us in terms of player budgets,fanbase,history etc.I doubt Stephen Kenny earns as much as 2% of Rogers salary.So there is no excuse for failure.

I hear fanbase and history have a huge impact on performance on the pitch these days.

lfdown2

Quote from: gallsman on August 04, 2016, 04:14:00 PM
If Rogers succeeds I'll be the first to applaud him.I don't see any signs though.Defeated by Lincoln was three times worse than England's defeat to Iceland.The guy has arrogance but no.passion and as he proved.with Liverpool does not learn from his mistakes.

None of Celtic's potential opponents in next round can match us in terms of player budgets,fanbase,history etc.I doubt Stephen Kenny earns as much as 2% of Rogers salary.So there is no excuse for failure.

I hear fanbase and history have a huge impact on performance on the pitch these days.

That along with manager salary are the deciding factors in match results

ned

Quote from: lfdown2 on August 04, 2016, 04:43:56 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 04, 2016, 04:14:00 PM

That along with manager salary are the deciding factors in match results

If A beats B that means A are better than C cause they were beaten by B the last time they played, nevermind circumstances!
Here's one for TF. Ties in nicely with his simplification of how football should work.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unofficial_Football_World_Championships

T Fearon

So Celtic are paying Rogers top dollar to repeat what Ronny did? Win the SPL and maybe a domestic cup? I don't think so.Celtic should not ever lose to the likes of Malmo and Maribor and that's why it was perceived a so called top manager would ensure this would no longer happen.To be fair I have no doubt that Rogers readily agreed this was a key target that he could deliver when he accepted the post and knows that his own long term credibility as a so called top manager depends on it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2016, 05:45:21 PM
So Celtic are paying Rogers top dollar to repeat what Ronny did? Win the SPL and maybe a domestic cup? I don't think so.Celtic should not ever lose to the likes of Malmo and Maribor and that's why it was perceived a so called top manager would ensure this would no longer happen.To be fair I have no doubt that Rogers readily agreed this was a key target that he could deliver when he accepted the post and knows that his own long term credibility as a so called top manager depends on it.

I don't really follow Celtic too much, what has Rodgers done so wrong in the past few weeks to irk the wrath of Tony? Did they lose last night? Are they out of Europe? Are they way off the pace in the league already? Have they been put out of any domestic cups yet?
That was never a square ball!!

T Fearon

They are scraping through and do not inspire confidence.Also I do not know any real Celtic supporter who does not expect or indeed demand Champions League group stage qualification this season.Expectations have been raised and a huge volume of season tickets sold solely on the appointment of Brendan Rogers and the expectation he will deliver.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2016, 06:10:00 PM
They are scraping through and do not inspire confidence.Also I do not know any real Celtic supporter who does not expect or indeed demand Champions League group stage qualification this season.Expectations have been raised and a huge volume of season tickets sold solely on the appointment of Brendan Rogers and the expectation he will deliver.

How much does he earn again?? Will Celtic throw in any decent physiotherapists' to relax him?? Free dental care too no doubt
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Now now, you're being fast & loose with the 'facts'. Season Ticket sales increased because of the neighbours reappearing.

Rodgers will never be a success in your eyes because you'll continually redefine success to suit whatever ridiculous stance you take.

heffo

Also I do not know any real Celtic supporter who does not expect or indeed demand Champions League group stage qualification this season.

I don't know a single Celtic supporter who isn't realistic about the quality of the team and their ability to beat the teams in the next round.

Seriously hope this is another bad attempt at fishing.

straightred

Quote from: heffo on August 04, 2016, 09:18:09 PM
Also I do not know any real Celtic supporter who does not expect or indeed demand Champions League group stage qualification this season.

I don't know a single Celtic supporter who isn't realistic about the quality of the team and their ability to beat the teams in the next round.

Seriously hope this is another bad attempt at fishing.

As do I. I'm realistic enough to see that Celtic are just about clinging onto their big club status in the face of all the economic forces that against them. History won't win a match for them - the players on the pitch will and it is increasingly difficult for Celtic to attract those players. That's the reality. I've followed Celtic for a long time and throughout that period there have always been players that I would have rated as top class. From McGrain to McStay to Henrik. Who have we now that we absolutely must hold onto to. Not one player.  The loan players may well turn out well but they are just that - loan players.

Rodgers is on track as far as i'm concerned. The new manager should have been in place at Christmas when it was obvious that Ronnies time was up but for whatever reason he wasn't. He has done really well to get this far with limited preparation and time to make signings. I didn't expect to make the CL and now we have a great chance. If ronnie were still there we'd be out by now. That much I am pretty sure about.

T Fearon

Done really well? Limping past two teams most people had never heard of? With a £12m pound player on board and a host of internationals? We are playing teams in and around the same quality as Dundalk,we are seeded and with resources beyond the wildest dreams of any of the two teams beaten to date,or any one of the five we could meet in the final round,qualification should be a given

The club needs Champions League group stages at least once every three years,it styles itself as a Champions League club,that is the least that should be expected from Rogers in return for his big salary this and every season.

clarshack

Delia's Celtic would have been beaten 1-0 last night.

T Fearon

Possibly but that's why Rogers is there on a huge seven figure salary to avoid calamitous defeats in big games against lesser clubs.