snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on February 24, 2021, 10:41:41 PM
Brown lost 6-0 today to Higgins in the Players Championship. He shouldn't show his face in Antrim again. Shameful.

LOL
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on February 25, 2021, 08:34:52 AM
Maybe he "invested" £10k of his recent winnings on Higgins to win 6 - 0 at 18/1. Snooker is riddled with players lying down. Can make far more sometimes by losing than by winning. Not saying he did, because I don't work in that industry any longer, but when I did I sometimes knew the results before the match was played!

Well one of the best was suspended for it, and who was Brown playing? Lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

michaelg

Quote from: SHEEDY on February 21, 2021, 10:46:29 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on February 21, 2021, 10:40:04 PM
Assume he's a prod ?
thats the question everyone is thinking. Most won't say it out loud 😂
Northern Ireland football fan so Loyalist bigot obv

ONeill

Higgins won the next game 6-0 as well. They're all in on it!!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bannside

ONeill

Sure he's only pretending to chalk the cue.

ONeill

He's 2-0 up in the semi here. That's 6-0, 6-0 and 2-0. He'll need to drop a couple here to take the bad look off it.

bannside

Think about it. 48 players. About 4 will win decent prize money. It's the only sport...well boxing too....where you can back yourself to lose and make as much if not more than the winner. I remember paying out on an 11 frames to 4 winner at 33/1 that we knew about in advance to be one as cynical as I am.

Rich Ricci

Quote from: bannside on February 27, 2021, 07:59:35 PM
Think about it. 48 players. About 4 will win decent prize money. It's the only sport...well boxing too....where you can back yourself to lose and make as much if not more than the winner. I remember paying out on an 11 frames to 4 winner at 33/1 that we knew about in advance to be one as cynical as I am.

You obviously know more about it than me but are these types of patterns not more noticeable now in the modern age so players less likely to do it due to the risk of being caught.

Snooker has handed out a few suspensions in recent years Higgins and Bingham serving 6 months each. Stephen Lee was banned for almost 11 years and two Chinese lads were hit hefty not too long ago.

Do you think they're all at it and these are the ones to get caught or are the authorities nailing the minority who try it. The snooker fan in me would hope the latter.

ONeill

4-0. To be fair, he's playing majestically.

ONeill

Now, that was amazing. 65 down, 67 on table...he clears. 5-0.

Rich Ricci

It's frankly ridiculous how he's playing. Wilson just looked resigned to his fate after it.

Should he progress it will be the first time he's played Ronnie in a ranking final since 2005 which I couldn't quite believe.

ONeill

I know he was never fast but has his speed slowed right down?

Rich Ricci

Seen in the interviews the last week or so that he has tweaked his technique and it doesn't come as natural to him and has to think about it a lot more, so that could be it.

ONeill

Higgins was 5-0 up there v Ronnie.