China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: bannside on March 22, 2020, 05:18:35 PM
In 2015 the World Health Organisation reported that 9.1 million died in the previous twelve months of starvation. I doubt if that stat has changed much in the years since. And life goes on as normal throughout the world.

If this doesn't say in loud capital letters that there is something badly wrong with humanity, then what will.

Yes we all have a responsibility to ourselves and the communities we live in to show due diligence to try and keep at bay or beat this deadly virus, but when we do that, I wonder will the world sit up and take notice of how fucked up it really had become!

Whilst not trying to minimise the obvious upheaval and suffering that will undoubtedly unfold in the coming weeks and months, I cant help think that if this was happening in an undeveloped country far enough away, it wouldn't even be worthy of discussion in 99.9% of peoples conversations.

Just saying!

Whilst you're right, if 70% of the world catch this (as some are predicting) at even a 1% mortality rate (Italy is on 9% at the minute I believe), almost 50m will die. It's natural that people worry about a potentially deadly but invisible threat to them. However, hopefully it does bring about huge changes about what society values and leads to a more compassionate view of the world and a less money focused attitude among many. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on March 22, 2020, 05:18:35 PM
In 2015 the World Health Organisation reported that 9.1 million died in the previous twelve months of starvation. I doubt if that stat has changed much in the years since. And life goes on as normal throughout the world.

If this doesn't say in loud capital letters that there is something badly wrong with humanity, then what will.

Yes we all have a responsibility to ourselves and the communities we live in to show due diligence to try and keep at bay or beat this deadly virus, but when we do that, I wonder will the world sit up and take notice of how fucked up it really had become!

Whilst not trying to minimise the obvious upheaval and suffering that will undoubtedly unfold in the coming weeks and months, I cant help think that if this was happening in an undeveloped country far enough away, it wouldn't even be worthy of discussion in 99.9% of peoples conversations.

Just saying!

Brought that up already. No one cares about starvation unless it's on your doorstep, even homelessness isn't given a second thought as they are still homeless and growing by the day!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Took a drive past Nutt's Corner market today. Whilst greatly reduced, still about 40/50 cars or so and 100/150 milling about.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on March 22, 2020, 05:37:24 PM
Took a drive past Nutt's Corner market today. Whilst greatly reduced, still about 40/50 cars or so and 100/150 milling about.

Aye heard it was on! Nutt jobs! But sure it's seems it's ok to go for a dander or meet up with people!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

I saw the message they had, basically saying, we're like a big shop so we're open.

Crazy stuff.

Before this, was anybody at it recently? Is it still all outdoors?

What sort of stuff do they sell nowadays?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on March 22, 2020, 06:01:08 PM

I saw the message they had, basically saying, we're like a big shop so we're open.

Crazy stuff.

Haven't been in 30 years, they were selling dvds when I was there and burgers! And cheap shite clothes

Cunny Funt

121 new cases in ROI today and a 4th death confirmed. 29 people in ICU.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2020, 06:06:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 06:02:41 PM

Crazy stuff.

Haven't been in 30 years, they were selling dvds when I was there and burgers! And cheap shite clothes
DVDs.....30 years..... :-\

Well 25 odd years or was it CD's

DickyRock

Just wondering what the teachers are doing in the south?

If there are at home who is looking after key worker's children?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DickyRock on March 22, 2020, 06:51:12 PM
Just wondering what the teachers are doing in the south?

If there are at home who is looking after key worker's children?

Child minders? The other parent? Wife's school only has 8 coming in out of 1200

ONeill

Crazy stuff.

Exactly the same. Only bigger. All manner of shite. I usually end up with a pile of bulbs, dinky donuts and Wille McCrea's greatest hits.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

93-DY-SAM

larryin89

Anyone finding contradiction in the advice , stay at home but against lockdown. I have to go work tomorrow cause site won't close , brickes tried to force their hand last week but were told by their union get back to work immediately. 200 men on site , packed drying rooms and canteens , majority on site absolute apes with only a few of us trying to social distance . Management couldn't give a hoot , talk they gave us they were basically mocking the whole thing .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .