You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: inthemaking on June 19, 2007, 02:02:59 PM
sittin down to watch neighbours at 1.40 and some s**te like the royal ascot is on instead

Sometimes there's just nothing you can say except it's a wonderful world that can accommodate such extremes.

his holiness nb

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 19, 2007, 04:42:46 PM
Southern Drivers  :o

Nordie drivers opening a big can of worms with statements about southern drivers  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

Quote from: inthemaking on June 19, 2007, 02:02:59 PM
sittin down to watch neighbours at 1.40 and some s**te like the royal ascot is on instead

Rest easily, there's always the 5.35pm showing.
Testing Accessibility

Fr Ted

people going to the cash machine and using 3 cards while you stand in the f**king rain,

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Fr Ted on June 19, 2007, 04:57:54 PM
people going to the cash machine and using 3 cards while you stand in the f**king rain,

Or women who stand in a queue waiting for cash machine only to start searching for their wallet when the get to the machine
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quinns is a good one, what the f**k would take you to Quinns on a match day unless of course suffocation is a sexual fantasy of yours.

Getting a drink of coke from the chippy and the other person does not get a drink and asks you for a drink and takes most of your drink.

Lone Shark

Giving out about the yungwan could turn this into a longer thread, but it's where gears get ground....

(1) She decides every so often that she wants to go to a match. I'm largely indifferent as to whether she travels along or not - it's not like we'll be nipping out at HT to relieve the tension or anything - so I don't encourage it, merely offer. When she does decide to go, she thinks it's some sort of favour to me, and in return for this supposed favour, refuses to leave "early" i.e. any time other than how long it would take to travel to the ground if there were no traffic, no queues at the turnstiles and it was midnight. The game is throwing in in Tullamore at 3pm (20 mins away at 3am on a Saturday night) and if I want to leave at any time before 2.35 I get a barrage of moaning about how is it not good enough that she's going without having to sit in the cold for fifteen minutes. (I'm aware of the mathematical incongruity....) Suggesting that she doesn't have to go gets met with the inevitable carnage that is "so you don't want to spend time with me??" extravaganza.

I wouldn't mind but for last years minor final replay in Ennis we left with loads of time to spare (after I spent a full day warning her of the likely traffic chaos), got trapped in the mire around Gort and ended up missing the first twenty minutes. So she duly had a conniption and couldn't understand why (a) I didn't "make" her leave earlier and (b) I didn't know a magic short cut unknown to the other 10,000 motorists all going the same way.

......phew......

(2) You're going to the shop for a small errand. Ask if she wants anything, and get met with the horror answer - "A surprise!". Now what was a five minute trip to Spar to pick up a paper has become an ordeal, as you go through their entire stock trying to pick out something semi-meaningful/thoughtful that won't get you in trouble. Apparantly they don't mean it literally either - as I found out when I brought back what I thought was a quite surprising litre of engine oil. (I wish I was making that up.......  :-[)

(3) Like the above, but instead of surprise, insert "something nice". But not any of the things she normally likes, because she doesn't feel like them today. Or anything that she told you two years ago that she wasn't gone on.

(4) Travelling in the car while she has a hangover, spending the whole trip moaning "are we there yet" and how it's taking so long, but then having a conniption if you try to overtake anything.

(5) Deciding that she wants to stay in on Saturday night so as to be able to study the next day, expecting you to do the same to keep her company, then spending the whole night complaining about how everyone on the whole planet is out but her, and then spending all that time the next day that she was supposed to be studying on the phone to all her friends talking about what happened.

(6) Saying how she'd love to understand more about politics/current affairs/world events, but every time there's a good documentary or episode of Prime Time or Newsnight on, complaining how her "head's not able for that now" and wanting to turn over to soaps or some such.

I could go on. But I won't. This has all been rather cathartic actually.  :)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

The Vatican has issued a set of "10 commandments" for motorists to promote safer driving.

The "Guidelines for the Pastoral Care of the Road" call on drivers to respect speed limits, refrain from drinking before driving and avoid cursing.

Catholics are also urged to make the sign of the cross before setting off on a journey.

This is said to be the first time the Vatican has specifically dealt with the growing worldwide problem of road rage.

The 36-page document was put together by the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Migrants and Itinerant People.

"Thou shalt not drive and drink", "thou shalt not make rude gestures behind the steering wheel" and "help accident victims" are among the 10 recommendations for motorists.

The document also warns that driving can bring out "primitive" behaviour in motorists, including "cursing, blasphemy, loss of sense of responsibility".

It says that automobiles can be "an occasion of sin" - particularly when they are used for dangerous overtaking or for prostitution.

Cardinal Renato Martino, who heads the Vatican's council, said it was important to address the issue because driving had become a big part of contemporary life.

"We know that as a consequence of transgressions and negligence, 1.2 million people die each year on the roads," he said.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

maddog

Quote from: Lone Shark on June 20, 2007, 03:53:21 AM
Giving out about the yungwan could turn this into a longer thread, but it's where gears get ground....

(1) She decides every so often that she wants to go to a match. I'm largely indifferent as to whether she travels along or not - it's not like we'll be nipping out at HT to relieve the tension or anything - so I don't encourage it, merely offer. When she does decide to go, she thinks it's some sort of favour to me, and in return for this supposed favour, refuses to leave "early" i.e. any time other than how long it would take to travel to the ground if there were no traffic, no queues at the turnstiles and it was midnight. The game is throwing in in Tullamore at 3pm (20 mins away at 3am on a Saturday night) and if I want to leave at any time before 2.35 I get a barrage of moaning about how is it not good enough that she's going without having to sit in the cold for fifteen minutes. (I'm aware of the mathematical incongruity....) Suggesting that she doesn't have to go gets met with the inevitable carnage that is "so you don't want to spend time with me??" extravaganza.

I wouldn't mind but for last years minor final replay in Ennis we left with loads of time to spare (after I spent a full day warning her of the likely traffic chaos), got trapped in the mire around Gort and ended up missing the first twenty minutes. So she duly had a conniption and couldn't understand why (a) I didn't "make" her leave earlier and (b) I didn't know a magic short cut unknown to the other 10,000 motorists all going the same way.

......phew......

(2) You're going to the shop for a small errand. Ask if she wants anything, and get met with the horror answer - "A surprise!". Now what was a five minute trip to Spar to pick up a paper has become an ordeal, as you go through their entire stock trying to pick out something semi-meaningful/thoughtful that won't get you in trouble. Apparantly they don't mean it literally either - as I found out when I brought back what I thought was a quite surprising litre of engine oil. (I wish I was making that up.......  :-[)

(3) Like the above, but instead of surprise, insert "something nice". But not any of the things she normally likes, because she doesn't feel like them today. Or anything that she told you two years ago that she wasn't gone on.

(4) Travelling in the car while she has a hangover, spending the whole trip moaning "are we there yet" and how it's taking so long, but then having a conniption if you try to overtake anything.

(5) Deciding that she wants to stay in on Saturday night so as to be able to study the next day, expecting you to do the same to keep her company, then spending the whole night complaining about how everyone on the whole planet is out but her, and then spending all that time the next day that she was supposed to be studying on the phone to all her friends talking about what happened.

(6) Saying how she'd love to understand more about politics/current affairs/world events, but every time there's a good documentary or episode of Prime Time or Newsnight on, complaining how her "head's not able for that now" and wanting to turn over to soaps or some such.

Jesus christ. She sounds like a pish mire. No offence.

Long time dead

Quote from: Lone Shark on June 20, 2007, 03:53:21 AM

......phew......

Bigger mug you for putting up with this shite - I think you have only yourself to blame for taking this shite, sometimes you really have to be cruel to be kind.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Women standing at bus stop, bus comes they queue for 10 mins then when they get to the driver, they go searching for purse and pay in coppers!!! You can change bus stop to supermarket checkout.

Also dickheads who don't have change for the bus, and hand the driver a £5/£10/£20 they should be kicked of the bus for being stupid.
Tbc....

magpie seanie

Quoteconniption

What a great word. You weren't reading Ross O'Carroll Kelly recently perchance?

Lone Shark

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 20, 2007, 12:05:11 PM
Quoteconniption

What a great word. You weren't reading Ross O'Carroll Kelly recently perchance?

Actually no. It's been used in our family since day dot, we obviously have some distant relatives in Castlerock....

pintsofguinness

Jesus lone shark you never even came back to stand up for her!

People who say "no offence" when they've just offended you!
Maddog me and you couldnt get on!
(I doubt your mother in law is right about you!)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Lone Shark

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 20, 2007, 01:24:53 PM
Jesus lone shark you never even came back to stand up for her!

People who say "no offence" when they've just offended you!
Maddog me and you couldnt get on!
(I doubt your mother in law is right about you!)

Suppose I should really.....

Nah, most women tend to have their moments of molten craziness. She's great otherwise, at least until I meet that most mythical of creatures - the sane rational female.