Netflix numbers falling

Started by bennydorano, April 21, 2022, 02:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: dec on April 21, 2022, 08:58:58 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 21, 2022, 07:31:57 PM
Have genuine subs to Netflix, Prime, Disney, Apple and a hooky Firestick and regular TV and nearly every weekend we can't find anything decent to watch! Prime, Apple and Disney are free subs with phone contracts but they'll be binned when up.

We have Apple and Paramount free for a year with T-Mobile (I am in the US), will probably drop them when the year is up. I may resubscribe for a month every once in a while to binge watch any decent series we have missed.

I think part of what hit Netflix was that they are losing some of the covid lockdown signups but the stock market was expecting them to keep their massive growth going forever.

Paramount, hbo, disney etc took all their shows back off them so they're left with f all back library as well

Milltown Row2

What I like about Netflix is that they have taken on some decent story telling series which probably would not have been aired main stream. The down side is they have dropped a few shows mid story when they feel it's not getting enough traction or views.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

I understand subscription for TV shows movies and sports I have some myself,

But who thought a subscription service for News Streaming was ever going be a success? I'm surprised they even had 10k

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61185298

RedHand88

Quote from: MoChara on April 22, 2022, 09:12:48 AM

But who thought a subscription service for News Streaming was ever going be a success? I'm surprised they even had 10k

Cable news is finished. Nobody watches it anymore.

10,000 subscribers is abysmal when you consider the fact that Joe Rogan gets 11 million listeners a day.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 22, 2022, 11:36:28 AM

10,000 subscribers is abysmal when you consider the fact that Joe Rogan gets 11 million listeners a day.

Any wonder the world is couped.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on April 22, 2022, 08:31:48 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 22, 2022, 11:36:28 AM

Any wonder the world is couped.
A list of 11m hard drives that need watching

Milltown Row2

Recently got new deal with sky that gave us 'free' Netflix. That's a basic standard of one screen,

Still paying Netflix £15.99 premium for what was originally up to three devices to watch as kids are outta the house so they can watch where they live..

But very recently it won't allow them to view. Now we are using same email address, I'm watching Netflix through sky but not able to watch Netflix in the other room!

It's not easy going through the formats to get an answer, so I'll try here first.

Is it as simple as changing email address for one?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dec

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2023, 06:54:51 PM
Recently got new deal with sky that gave us 'free' Netflix. That's a basic standard of one screen,

Still paying Netflix £15.99 premium for what was originally up to three devices to watch as kids are outta the house so they can watch where they live..

But very recently it won't allow them to view. Now we are using same email address, I'm watching Netflix through sky but not able to watch Netflix in the other room!

It's not easy going through the formats to get an answer, so I'll try here first.

Is it as simple as changing email address for one?

Probably not, Netflix have recently cracked down on password sharing so you will hit problems if you try to use it in two different places.

general_lee

Cancel it and get a dodgy box!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on July 10, 2023, 10:54:34 PM
Cancel it and get a dodgy box!

Ffs I have that! I just need to look a bit legal!

Some show aren't always available on the box that you get elsewhere.

And it's not for me as such. Plus I'd hate to be paying for something £15.99 and not actually get that premium benefits, and it stops them flipping nagging.