NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

Rogers has had a very slow start to the year a few mistakes any time I've seen him play throw in the silly red card against Donegal

OakLeaf

Quote from: Brendan on March 02, 2024, 05:59:51 PMRogers has had a very slow start to the year a few mistakes any time I've seen him play throw in the silly red card against Donegal

Aye, he's turned the ball over a lot this year. He's need to get back to carrying the ball and giving simple passes.

imtommygunn

He's a good player but had a great year and expectations are probably a bit high for him tbh...

Derry doing rightly considering here. Still think they lack a bit in the forwards but glass some loss too.

Milltown Row2

That shot was going wide from McGuigan

Should have went on in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tubberman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 02, 2024, 06:10:40 PMThat shot was going wide from McGuigan

Should have went on in

Yep, had open road in front of him. O'Hanlon would have got back in goal but still should have ended up with a one on one with the goalie rather than the pot luck shot he took on.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

screenexile

Dubs well in control without being great. Kilkenny and "Fento" have been very good.

guevara

Dublin getting it so easy in this game. Derry miles off it & happy to drop back just to have numbers, but Dublin still cutting through them handy.

Derry not marking tight anywhere on the pitch & have now resorted to potshots from distance.

It was a poor enough attempt from McGuigan with the Dublin keeper out the field.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

gallsman

Derry won't care and the narrative will be about them having half a team out but there have been some very poor performances there tonight. Dubs much more physical in almost every tackle. McGuigan (who has been decent) got out-jumped by Murchan for a goal chance FFS.

imtommygunn

That is a thing for me... Derry don't look as physically strong. They're actually more mobile than I thought though.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 02, 2024, 06:22:13 PMThat is a thing for me... Derry don't look as physically strong. They're actually more mobile than I thought though.

They're not, and it's not just the experienced Dublin vs the young Derry lads. A lot of Derry ones are very slight and a lot of the younger Dubs look much stronger.

gallsman

And whatever about Fenton vs Glass, Fenton has looked levels above both Rodgers and Bradley here without getting out of second gear.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2024, 06:26:44 PMAnd whatever about Fenton vs Glass, Fenton has looked levels above both Rodgers and Bradley here without getting out of second gear.

Rogers will be disappointed with his form so far this year. He was much better than Fenton this time last year and he'll need to be again if we meet them later down the road!

imtommygunn

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2024, 06:24:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 02, 2024, 06:22:13 PMThat is a thing for me... Derry don't look as physically strong. They're actually more mobile than I thought though.

They're not, and it's not just the experienced Dublin vs the young Derry lads. A lot of Derry ones are very slight and a lot of the younger Dubs look much stronger.

Agreed. Not quite this level yet tbh.

Milltown Row2

Noticed that today at an under 20 game with both teams.. physically, Dublin at different level of physical strength
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Great appetite and workrate from the Dubs. Mototring along nicely. Some great scores by both sides but Derry didn't really bring it in the second half, so can't read too much into it.

Some amount of Palestinian flags at the Dubs end