Cavan v Tyrone

Started by tyroneman, June 25, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baggio90

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 01, 2018, 11:24:35 AM
Quote from: In hiding on July 01, 2018, 11:19:04 AM
Ronan does seem to be more effective coming on as a sub though

How can you tell while Harte ignores him in his team selections and holds him for cameo appearances rather than giving him a long run as an established forward like he did with Mark Bradley.

O'Neill played pretty much the whole of the 2016 campaign? He started all of our 5 Championship games, in the opening game against Derry he scored a couple of goals and points, the drawn game against Cavan he hit a pair of points. In the remaining three games against Cavan in the replay, Donegal in the Ulster final and Mayo in the AI QF, he was held scoreless from play.

O'Neill has had his chances, there are many valid criticisms of Harte but not giving Ronan O'Neill a fair crack is certainly not one of them. He's a finisher but lacks the pace and ball winning ability to be a top forward. I felt he did well yesterday when he came on and probably deserves a start next weekend ahead of McAliskey who has had a nightmare.

In terms of what they can contribute at intercounty level, I'd have Bradley, Brennan and McAliskey ahead of him. If McCurry was available too, I'd put him down as having more to offer. Tyrone's problem is all these lads are samey types of players, all nice footballers, all quite slight and small.

The top inside forwards in the game now are different beasts - McManus, Geaney, McBrearty, Mannion etc, they're all 6ft+ pacey and good ball winners. The fact is that if Tyrone had someone like a Conairre Harrisson or Andrew Murnin, they would arguably be the main men in our forward line. The game has changed.

RedHand88

Did he roast you at u-16 level or something? Why have you such a chip on your shoulder with Bradley?? Like it or not, he us a top class forward.

In hiding

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 01, 2018, 12:08:41 PM
Did he roast you at u-16 level or something? Why have you such a chip on your shoulder with Bradley?? Like it or not, he us a top class forward.
who are you talking to ?

RedHand88

Quote from: In hiding on July 01, 2018, 12:11:47 PM
who are you talking to ?

You.

In hiding

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 01, 2018, 12:12:50 PM
Quote from: In hiding on July 01, 2018, 12:11:47 PM
who are you talking to ?

You.
I said I thought Bradley was better than Moran O Connor or Rock

redzone

So you reckon Bradley isn't a star player for Tyrone but you reckon he's better than Andy Moran who was player of the year last year. Just admit you haven't a clue

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on July 01, 2018, 01:18:36 PM
So you reckon Bradley isn't a star player for Tyrone but you reckon he's better than Andy Moran who was player of the year last year. Just admit you haven't a clue
Thats exactly what i think. I certainly dont think Andy Moran is the best player in Mayo never mind Ireland.
Anyways i need to learn to stop getting into football discussions with a genius such as yourself

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

redzone

Quote from: In hiding on July 01, 2018, 06:02:55 PM
Thats exactly what i think. I certainly dont think Andy Moran is the best player in Mayo never mind Ireland.
Anyways i need to learn to stop getting into football discussions with a genius such as yourself
Right u have me confused now. Who is mayos best forward then

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on July 01, 2018, 07:31:32 PM
Quote from: In hiding on July 01, 2018, 06:02:55 PM
Right u have me confused now. Who is mayos best forward then
What are you talking about? I dont know who Mayos best forward is but Lee Keegan is their best player. You are like a dog with a bone. Does this stupidity thing come easily for you ?

Did you bother going to your clubs league game today or is club football beneath you