Cavan v Tyrone

Started by tyroneman, June 25, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

Tyrone just that little bit better. Cavan goal helped the score line look respectable. Even when Cavan drew level Tyrone never panicked and stepped it up a gear always keeping Cavan at arms length.

Low and Hard

Who got sky man of the match?

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Low and Hard on June 30, 2018, 06:52:48 PM
Who got sky man of the match?
Niall Sludden from Dromore St Dympna's deserved it. Terrific heat, the guys have to go again in 7 days.

Hotrocks

Thank god i didn't have to travel to Dublin to watch that muck! Thought Mc Shane  unlucky to be subbed so early, there was a few boys should have been off before him.

tyroneman

Sudden excellent for Tyrone today. Him and Petey provided most of the impetus when we  could be bothered actually driving forward and trying to break lines.

Awful day at the office for MoN. If Morgan isn't injured he's a shoe in next game. Calamitous under high ball today.

Team has seriously regressed from.last year.

Baggio90

Very poor display today.

Morgan gets a lot of stick but he's a very reliable keeper, O'Neill on the other hand is a liability, hopeless under the high and his kickouts not as good. Harte should just stick with Morgan from here on in.

A worrying display for Tyrone, it was a game we could have killed off when we wanted but didn't and kept Cavan in it. Only real standouts were Sludden, Meyler and Colm Cavanagh. Defence very off the mark, let the Cavan inside line win a lot of ball, McNamee is living off his 2015 form and needs to be dropped. McAliskey had a stinker, he's an all or nothing player really, either very good or hopeless. Today was the latter.

We're really lacking in leadership, you look at the side and apart from Colm Cavanagh there is not one player I'd expect to deliver. We all know the quality of Harte, Sludden and Donnelly but they only seem to play in fits and starts. They rarely deliver 70 minute displays and when they do, it's normally a case of one of them delivering and the others being quiet.

Ronan O'Neill played well off the bench, might be worth a start next weekend ahead of McAliskey.

Maybe we can turn it around but it looks like we're stumbling along this year until we meet a decent team and get a rough reality check. Loads of key players not going well this year.

ONeill

Always great beating Cavan. Their hidings in the 40s are hard to forget.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Itchy

Tyrone much the better team but I'm afraid no where close to all Ireland contenders. Cavan need a new manager. They just looked like they have gone back 5 years in my eyes. It was sheer effort from individuals that kept them in games. Far from the clever masterstroke the bluffers on the Sunday game claim, playing Sean Johnston around the middle is just pure stupid as he has no legs for it. Losing Clarke to injury was a big blow too.

redzone

Mcveety a class act, but if we can get our two star forwards back and make the super 8s then anything can happen. With mayo out I'm sure there is more shocks to come yet. Winning while playing poorly is a sign of a good team

twohands!!!

Quote from: Baggio90 on June 30, 2018, 09:57:55 PM

Maybe we can turn it around but it looks like we're stumbling along this year until we meet a decent team and get a rough reality check. Loads of key players not going well this year.

It could get ugly if Tyrone stumble to the Super 8 group stages and end up in a group with 3 decent sides.

giveballaghback

That game was a joke, walking soccer for over 70s is more intense than that.

mrdeeds

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 30, 2018, 10:55:50 PM
That game was a joke, walking soccer for over 70s is more intense than that.

Those are fake hands.

RedHand88

Is round 4 neutral venue?

ONeill

The tale of 2 O'Neills.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl