Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: SticksandStones on June 21, 2023, 10:54:05 AM
Intersting to see if a few Kilcoo men will be rested against Laois, Big Game Monday

Rent free, grow up please

rosskarr

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 21, 2023, 12:46:14 PM
Quote from: SticksandStones on June 21, 2023, 10:54:05 AM
Intersting to see if a few Kilcoo men will be rested against Laois, Big Game Monday

Rent free, grow up please
Rent free?

No1

Can anyone tell me what happens in Div 4 after tonight's fixtures?  I believe the league splits into top six and bottom six.  Does that mean each club then has 5 more league fixtures or 10?  Or does the split have some relevance to the JFC?

Yes, I have asked our committee and I'm none the wiser!!

ardtole

Down have named the same 1st 15, that they named v Cavan. Mason came in for McAleenan last week, I'd expect the same to happen again.

Shane Annett and Ryan McEvoy impressed when introduced last week, I wouldn't be suprised if either or both nudged their way in for a start.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: No1 on June 23, 2023, 09:15:42 AM
Can anyone tell me what happens in Div 4 after tonight's fixtures?  I believe the league splits into top six and bottom six.  Does that mean each club then has 5 more league fixtures or 10?  Or does the split have some relevance to the JFC?

Teams in each section play one more round of games against eachother, meaning 16 league games played in total. Not sure if there is any bearing on the championship though.

befair

Quote from: ardtole on June 23, 2023, 02:34:42 PM
Down have named the same 1st 15, that they named v Cavan. Mason came in for McAleenan last week, I'd expect the same to happen again.

Shane Annett and Ryan McEvoy impressed when introduced last week, I wouldn't be suprised if either or both nudged their way in for a start.
McEvoy should definitely be starting

ardtole

I'd like to see him in midfield alongside Murdock, could be the makings of a good partnership. In reality he could play in any position on the field and do really well.

Mourne Red

Quote from: manwithnoplan on June 23, 2023, 05:46:16 PM
Quote from: No1 on June 23, 2023, 09:15:42 AM

Teams in each section play one more round of games against eachother, meaning 16 league games played in total. Not sure if there is any bearing on the championship though.

No bearing on championship just split in half like MVNP says and play each other once

SHEEDY

Good luck to the players and management tomorrow, hopefully good Down following down to cheer them on. Down by 5 for me
nil satis nisi optimum

Laoiseabu

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 24, 2023, 10:38:15 PM
Good luck to the players and management tomorrow, hopefully good Down following down to cheer them on. Down by 5 for me

You beat Cavan by 5 so you should be beating Laois by at least 10 especially in Croker that's the way I look at it .

snoopdog

Down haven't won in croke pk since the all Ireland semi in 2010.  Ould be a shaky enough fame. Bar the kilcoo lads has any of the others played there?  Damp morning in Dublin. Looking forward to it. Hopefully Down turn up. Wide open pitch should suit the breaking at pace.

Mourne Red

Might need to split Down in 2 way we're playing today

thewobbler

Our anti-everything contributors are going to be living on diet of scraps for today at least.

befair

Quote from: thewobbler on June 25, 2023, 05:24:44 PM
Our anti-everything contributors are going to be living on diet of scraps for today at least.
Can't believe we gave up 2-12 against a Div 4 team......

SHEEDY

Tailteann cup may have it's knockers but it's great to see Down back in Croke park, great to see the crowds back following the team and especially great to see a performance like that, granted Laois made it easy for us but you can only play the match as it is and players put on a brilliant display of attacking football, Connor will probably be disappointed we coughed up a few scores at the end but the match was long over at that stage.
nil satis nisi optimum