NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: bucko on February 13, 2020, 10:22:34 PM
One of the lads I play a bit of football with is a referee and we had a discussion on it a good while back, his interpretation was that if the blocker's foot made contact with with ball while it was still in contact with the kickers foot it was a stonewall free. However if the ball had left the kickers foot and the blockers foot then made contact with the ball he generally wouldn't whistle it up. Didn't see the incident myself so can't give an opinion on it but just thought I'd mention one ref's interpretation.

The incident you're describing isn't a foot block AFAIK

omaghjoe

Quote from: bucko on February 13, 2020, 10:22:34 PM
One of the lads I play a bit of football with is a referee and we had a discussion on it a good while back, his interpretation was that if the blocker's foot made contact with with ball while it was still in contact with the kickers foot it was a stonewall free. However if the ball had left the kickers foot and the blockers foot then made contact with the ball he generally wouldn't whistle it up. Didn't see the incident myself so can't give an opinion on it but just thought I'd mention one ref's interpretation.

Aye but if the kick away/block comes within the follow thru of the kicker foot i would regard it as a foul as the danger of I jury is still there.

Main Street

TG4  have scheduled deferred coverage of the Monaghan Mayo game, sometime after the Galway Tyrone game.
Usually Mayo supporters can't stop nattering about all things Mayo, perhaps cowed into silent apprehension about Sunday's encounter?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Main Street on February 18, 2020, 09:16:57 PM
TG4  have scheduled deferred coverage of the Monaghan Mayo game, sometime after the Galway Tyrone game.
Usually Mayo supporters can't stop nattering about all things Mayo, perhaps cowed into silent apprehension about Sunday's encounter?

It's a massive game for Mayo. Lose and I think we'll be in Division 2 next year. I'm not expecting a Mayo win given the Donegal and Meath performances. You can make an allowance for the Dublin game, but I think Dublin would have upped the tempo anyway in the second half if we had the fifteen for the whole game. The younger forwards badly need to step up to the plate this weekend for us to have any chance of getting anything out of this one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 18, 2020, 10:06:35 PM

It's a massive game for Mayo. Lose and I think we'll be in Division 2 next year. I'm not expecting a Mayo win given the Donegal and Meath performances. You can make an allowance for the Dublin game, but I think Dublin would have upped the tempo anyway in the second half if we had the fifteen for the whole game. The younger forwards badly need to step up to the plate this weekend for us to have any chance of getting anything out of this one.

Donegal look more likely to join Meath in division two next year regardless of the result in Clones this weekend.

larryin89

Just can't see how we can win it on present form, very disjointed , terrible gameplan , I can't even see a pattern to it at all , it's very free for all stuff, Aido taking that sideline in Navan summed it up for me .  Monaghan are extremely tough and very fit for this time of year , could possibly open us up for a right thrashing but knowing our bucks and their desire to be so mercurial, we will probably win with a headed goal from Robbie Hennelly in the tenth min of injury time .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

macdanger2

Quote from: larryin89 on February 18, 2020, 10:17:51 PM

Just can't see how we can win it on present form, very disjointed , terrible gameplan , I can't even see a pattern to it at all , it's very free for all stuff, Aido taking that sideline in Navan summed it up for me .  Monaghan are extremely tough and very fit for this time of year , could possibly open us up for a right thrashing but knowing our bucks and their desire to be so mercurial, we will probably win with a headed goal from Robbie Hennelly in the tenth min of injury time .

That was a strange one alright  :(

GalwayBayBoy

The @Galway_GAA team to play @TyroneGAALive on Sunday at Tuam Stadium

Conor Gleeson (Dunmore MacHales)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Sean Ó Maolchiaráin (Oileain Arann)
Johnny Heaney (Killanin)
Gary O'Donnell (Tuam Stars)
Liam Silke (Corofin)
Cillian McDaid (Monivea Abbey)
Ronan Steede (Corofin)
Cein D'Arcy (Caherlistrane)
Eamonn Brannigan (St Michael's)
Damien Comer (Annaghdown)
Michael Daly (Mountbellew-Moylough)
Robert Finnerty (Salthill Knocknacarra)
Shane Walsh (Kilkerrin-Clonberne)
Adrian Varley (Cortoon Shamrocks)

Kingdom37

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 18, 2020, 10:41:04 PM
The @Galway_GAA team to play @TyroneGAALive on Sunday at Tuam Stadium

Conor Gleeson (Dunmore MacHales)
Sean Kelly (Moycullen)
Sean Ó Maolchiaráin (Oileain Arann)
Johnny Heaney (Killanin)
Gary O'Donnell (Tuam Stars)
Liam Silke (Corofin)
Cillian McDaid (Monivea Abbey)
Ronan Steede (Corofin)
Cein D'Arcy (Caherlistrane)
Eamonn Brannigan (St Michael's)
Damien Comer (Annaghdown)
Michael Daly (Mountbellew-Moylough)
Robert Finnerty (Salthill Knocknacarra)
Shane Walsh (Kilkerrin-Clonberne)
Adrian Varley (Cortoon Shamrocks)

Very potent forward line especially when have Ian Burke and Martin Farragher to come back in.

An Fhairche Abu

Ian Burke's 2019 form in a Galway jersey was terrible, if he plays at a 2018 level then he'll be a massive addition but he has it all to do to get back to that standard.
Farragher has done absolutely nothing yet at inter county and was piss poor against Mayo last July but in fairness he hasn't got too many opportunities outside of that either.

John Daly must be injured, big loss for Sunday as he's been outstanding so far this year.

Main Street

Monaghan's season ended early in 2019, so to be back in training in November wasn't a big stretch, they are a bit ahead of the pack on the fitness levels.
It should be a very  good game unless the weather intervenes and after Dublin stealing a point at the death, I'd expect Monaghan to be chomping at the bit.
Intensity was never an issue with Banty, but it is a strange sight to have tactical brains in the mix as well.

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 18, 2020, 11:25:38 PM
Ian Burke's 2019 form in a Galway jersey was terrible, if he plays at a 2018 level then he'll be a massive addition but he has it all to do to get back to that standard.
Farragher has done absolutely nothing yet at inter county and was piss poor against Mayo last July but in fairness he hasn't got too many opportunities outside of that either.

John Daly must be injured, big loss for Sunday as he's been outstanding so far this year.
I'm not too sure Ian Burke is even on the panel tbh.
We shall see.
On his 2019 form he would not get on the team - 2018 form he walks onto it.

GaillimhIarthair

Daly picked up a knock (ankle I think) against Donegal so out for this weekend it seems.  His direct replacement needs to start showing some form at IC level as his last outing in a Galway jersey was very poor indeed.

For sure Farragher was poor but he also needs to have a much better attitude - what he displayed last July below in Limerick is just not acceptable at this level.  His issue was probably with KW, but nonetheless he was like a spoilt brat!

Weather not forecast to improve much between now and Sunday so will be very much a slog for both teams in Tuam.

Farrandeelin

Mayo XV

1. Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
2. Padraig O'Hora - Ballina Stephenites
3. Oisin Mullin - Kilmaine
4. Lee Keegan - Westport
5. Eoghan McLaughlin - Westport
6. Michael Plunkett - Ballintubber
7. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
8. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
9. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy (C)
10. Fergal Boland - Aghamore
11. Ryan O'Donoghue - Belmullet
12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
13. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
14. Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
15. James Carr - Ardagh
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on February 19, 2020, 09:26:00 AM

Daly picked up a knock (ankle I think) against Donegal so out for this weekend it seems.  His direct replacement needs to start showing some form at IC level as his last outing in a Galway jersey was very poor indeed.

For sure Farragher was poor but he also needs to have a much better attitude - what he displayed last July below in Limerick is just not acceptable at this level.  His issue was probably with KW, but nonetheless he was like a spoilt brat!

I didn't see this particular incident myself during that game, only heard about it afterwards but that type of behaviour when substituted isn't really acceptable, it's not like he was getting wrongly subbed after having lit up the Mayo FB line either.