The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Delighted for him he just comes across as a lad you would love to go for pints with.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

Great to hear he won. Bring married to a Laois woman doing him good....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Insane Bolt

Franko

Congrats to big Lowry!  Seems like a total gent.

Also, this thread is 100% irrefutable proof that Irish people do not automatically hate successful Irish people.

Glad that hogwash argument is finally settled.

Frank_The_Tank

Great win for Shane - showed great mental strength to come back from 4 down twith 7 to play to win by one.  -11 for the par 3's for the week - european record.   Wire to wire winner - back inside the top 50 in the world which should be odds on for entry into the Masters - the only downside is I had 20 quid on him before the start to win @ 50/1 - cashed out for £300 just before he drove it into the water on 9 - still a tidy profit but I should have kept my belief in the big man...some of his clutch putting and shot on the back 9 were right out of the top drawer - especially the pitch and putt on 17 to make par and the tee shot and 3 wood second shot on 18 were world class
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

trailer

A great win for a great person. A great Irishman. Iontach maith.

highorlow

Fair play to Lowry.

Even better is Conor Purcell's win in the Australian Amateur Open though.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

screenexile

Can't believe Ricky has blown this... serious bad luck as well but he had enough shots.

Orior

Quote from: screenexile on February 03, 2019, 09:33:59 PM
Can't believe Ricky has blown this... serious bad luck as well but he had enough shots.

No, but Brandon did.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trailer

Sergio really endearing himself to the masses again. What a p***k.

Gabriel_Hurl

Sky have regained coverage of the Masters and USPGA 

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 15, 2019, 12:52:56 PM
Sky have regained coverage of the Masters and USPGA

They never lost the Masters, just the USPGA.

Gabriel_Hurl

Never lost them - but the rights were up for grabs. They signed a new deal to keep them. 

screenexile

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 15, 2019, 01:26:58 PM
Never lost them - but the rights were up for grabs. They signed a new deal to keep them.

Is there any word of sorting out the shit coverage with Augusta National which endures for so much over the whole weekend??!!

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on February 15, 2019, 01:57:32 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 15, 2019, 01:26:58 PM

Is there any word of sorting out the shit coverage with Augusta National which endures for so much over the whole weekend??!!

AFAIK Augusta supply the feed. I don't think the broadcasters can do much about that.