Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

Quote from: maddog on August 25, 2018, 05:02:51 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on August 25, 2018, 03:24:23 PM
I don't see a separate N.I. Politics thread so I'll post here.
Over 9 million pounds has been paid to mlas since the collapse of Stormount, and not a whimper from the electorate. I just don't understand this mentality. We complain about waiting lists, education, lack of investment etc....yet don't hold the people we elect to account.
Why?

I'm sure there is a fancy name for it but I'd say it's a bit like the trains over here. It's crap, everyone knows it is, the operators know people will come back anyway so where is the incentive to do anything different.

What is it going to take for people to get off their collective arses and do something? There is no accountability and until people vote them out or take to the streets in mass demonstrations then nothing will change. There is too much 'I'm all right Jack so tough sh1t on the rest'.
I see with fuel prices....higher now than any of the gulf wars....and sweet fcuk all to do with production, energy prices going up again by another 13% despite massive profits.......big deal made in the media for giving nurses and front line services a token pay rise that doesn't even cover inflation.
New contracts awarded in the rail industry for incompetence....you couldn't make it up.
Enough is enough people. Who's going to join me? .......and march to the pub and get poleaxed and forget all about it for a few hours😎

Orior

Quote from: Don Johnson on August 28, 2018, 10:06:10 AM
We did it, we finally did it.

https://howlonghasnorthernirelandnothadagovernment.com/

Guinness aren't publishing it as a record though the swines.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/guinness-book-world-records-decide-15010729

So who's fault is it anyway? We were on the cusp of an agreement a few months ago until the DUP backroom boys pulled out.

Is it really being held up by these Sinn Fein demands?
- Irish Language Act
- Access to Abortion
- Marriage Rights

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

gallsman

It's certainly not being held up by marriage rights anyway, SF were more than happy to drop it from their program for government.

haranguerer

If memory serves me correctly, were compromises not made, and a deal done, until that sectarian unelected body, the orange order pulled it?? Would these protests not be more beneficial actually aiming the pressure somewhere useful and concentrating on that?

red hander

Quote from: haranguerer on August 28, 2018, 10:49:18 AM
If memory serves me correctly, were compromises not made, and a deal done, until that sectarian unelected body, the orange order pulled it?? Would these protests not be more beneficial actually aiming the pressure somewhere useful and concentrating on that?

The Shinners basically caved on all their red lines to get a deal (assholes) and it was thrown back in their faces when the DUP couldn't sell it to the Orange Order and (let's not forget) their good mates in the UDA. Spineless f**kers might as well play hardball from now on as the DUP has shown them what they think of compromise. Board up Stormont for good and let's wait for Brexit and the demographics to put the final nail in the coffin of this failed, putrid little statelet. The myth that the MLAs need to get back to work so everything will be hunky dory is utter crap. What did the useless shower do all the time they were there?

BennyCake

Quote from: red hander on August 28, 2018, 05:01:05 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 28, 2018, 10:49:18 AM

The Shinners basically caved on all their red lines to get a deal (assholes) and it was thrown back in their faces when the DUP couldn't sell it to the Orange Order and (let's not forget) their good mates in the UDA. Spineless f**kers might as well play hardball from now on as the DUP has shown them what they think of compromise. Board up Stormont for good and let's wait for Brexit and the demographics to put the final nail in the coffin of this failed, putrid little statelet. The myth that the MLAs need to get back to work so everything will be hunky dory is utter crap. What did the useless shower do all the time they were there?

Yup. That's about right.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: red hander on August 28, 2018, 05:01:05 PM
What did the useless shower do all the time they were there?

Reduce road capacity by between 33-50% by having a buslane, then have a bus running on it every 20 minutes.

They then excelled themselves by extending these bus lanes numerous times and eventually removing efficient road infrastructure (i.e. Kennedy way roundabout) for significantly more inefficient infrastructure (traffic lights) to further their aims of increasing congestion, increasing air pollution* and reducing quality of life of the citizens in, and those commuting to, Belfast.

*I'd guess the numskulls never thought of doing any studies on how increasing commute time by 30-60mins would affect air pollution?

[Forget about the idea of buses taking even a significant minority of residents or commuters - the demographics, both residential and industrial are far too distributed for large scale mass-transport to work. An utter waste of time and money.]
i usse an speelchekor

johnnycool

DUP being shown in a bad light but no one is shocked;

Bell the finger breaker and party animal it seems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45402141

Sweeper 123

Quote from: johnnycool on September 04, 2018, 01:32:20 PM
DUP being shown in a bad light but no one is shocked;

Bell the finger breaker and party animal it seems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45402141

Things starting to come out , lies lies and more lies told by Arlene and Co back then; I really wonder what this will all mean, like no one will resign or be sacked -
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/another-of-dup-spad-s-relatives-got-rhi-boiler-on-final-day-before-cost-controls-1-8624578
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/arlene-foster-s-spad-privately-said-rhi-cash-should-be-maximised-1-8624443

haranguerer

And perm secretary of civil service covering for her - admitting misled enquiry when said he had no evidence of wrong doing by Arlene. I note he said he got on well with Bell, sharing christian beliefs with him...is he a Free P??

imtommygunn

Note he is former though. You wonder is he being thrown under the bus here.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 05, 2018, 09:27:22 AM

Would need one of those Glider buses to make sure you get them all!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2018, 10:50:37 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 05, 2018, 09:27:22 AM

Would need one of those Glider buses to make sure you get them all!

Holy Joe Jonathan Bell due in tomorrow.

Will he come out fighting after the disparaging remarks made about him being a bully and not fit for the brief and take anyone else with him.
Will he say a wee prayer before lying through his teeth?

With all these Christians about the place you'd wonder how this got to where it is.

johnnycool