Antrim, off the top of my head -

O Donovan Rossa
Sarsfiields
Davitts
Pearses
Mitchels - all Belfast

Robert Emmetts Cushendun
Roger Casements Portglenone
Shane O Neills Glenarm if Gaelic Chieftans count?
McQuillans Ballycastle, more Gaelic Chieftans

Add to that,

Ardoyne Kickhams

and if you're going with cheftians and clans I suppose O'Donnells Belfast, Oisins Glenarrife,  Loch Mor Dal Cais Crumlin and Cuchuillans Dunloy
That would be be myths, legends and you even have a Catholic Church cardinal in there.
So at least Mayo aren't the only county that has a member of the Catholic Church in a club name - Lahardane MacHales probably the only one naming a County ground after one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Father Casey's in Abbeyfeale would be another I suppose.

Champion The Wonder Horse

doodaa

John Mitchells Glenullin
John Mitchells Claudy
O'Donovan Rossa Magherafelt
Pearses Doire Trasna
Eoghan Rua Coleraine
Michael Davitts Swatragh
Robert Emmetts Slaughtneil
Sean Dolans
Padraig Pearse Kilrea
Wolfe Tones Bellaghy
Sarsfields Ballerin
Kevin Lynchs Dungiven
Henry Joy McCrackens Moneymore
O'Briens Foreglen
O'Connors Glack
Watty Grahams Glen Maghera

Think that's the majority of them in Derry.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on October 05, 2016, 07:07:05 PM

Sarsfields New Inn.

Technicality: Sarsfield wasn't a republican, he was a Jacobite. I don't know if there was even such a thing as a republic in his day, the concept had been dormant since the fall of classical civilization.

Horse Box

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 05, 2016, 09:22:08 PM
Kerry would have John Mitchells, Kerins O'Rahillys and Dromid Pearses.  Tipperary has Kilruane McDonagh's and Sean Treacys. Newport's pitch is Lacken Park after Paddy Ryan Lacken who ran with Dan Breen for a bit. Limerick has a few like na Piarsaigh. Clare have Wolfe Tones. Off the top of my head.

Mullinahone CJ Kickhams , Tipp . Club in Kilruane before McDonaghs was called Lahorna De Wets , De Wet was a South African Boer leader who got stuck into the Brits :D !

seafoid

Quote from: Horse Box on October 06, 2016, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 05, 2016, 09:22:08 PM
Kerry would have John Mitchells, Kerins O'Rahillys and Dromid Pearses.  Tipperary has Kilruane McDonagh's and Sean Treacys. Newport's pitch is Lacken Park after Paddy Ryan Lacken who ran with Dan Breen for a bit. Limerick has a few like na Piarsaigh. Clare have Wolfe Tones. Off the top of my head.

Mullinahone CJ Kickhams , Tipp . Club in Kilruane before McDonaghs was called Lahorna De Wets , De Wet was a South African Boer leader who got stuck into the Brits :D !
Athenry had a de Wets team as well but once the locals earned their stripes there was no need to remember him

mrdeeds

In Cavan you have Lavey Joe Biggar and Denn is named after Daniel O Connell I think. He's on the crest. An intersting one is Mullahoran Dreadnoughts, a battle ship in the British navy.

AZOffaly

Smith O'Brien's of Clare and of course Parnells in various counties would remember Nationalist leaders of a more political hue say. The Wicklow Hurling Final is between Carnew Emmetts and Bray Emmetts, which must be fairly unusual.

Good call on Mullinahone as well, I forgot they were called Kickhams.

Cashel King Cormacs would be named after a man from fadó fadó as well.

AZOffaly

On a very loosely related topic, is Rangers the most common moniker for All Ireland Club Winners? Given that we have 3 different winners in Crossmaglen, Nemo and Laune? Does any other name have as many discrete winners?

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 06, 2016, 05:15:55 PM
On a very loosely related topic, is Rangers the most common moniker for All Ireland Club Winners? Given that we have 3 different winners in Crossmaglen, Nemo and Laune? Does any other name have as many discrete winners?

Good question.

'Saint'?
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Saint is too general, but Saint Mary's or Saint Finbarrs would count if there were a few of them.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 06, 2016, 05:13:36 PM
Smith O'Brien's of Clare and of course Parnells in various counties would remember Nationalist leaders of a more political hue say. The Wicklow Hurling Final is between Carnew Emmetts and Bray Emmetts, which must be fairly unusual.

Good call on Mullinahone as well, I forgot they were called Kickhams.

Cashel King Cormacs would be named after a man from fadó fadó as well.
Aodh Rua in Donegal

general_lee

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 06, 2016, 05:10:03 PM
In Cavan you have Lavey Joe Biggar and Denn is named after Daniel O Connell I think. He's on the crest. An intersting one is Mullahoran Dreadnoughts, a battle ship in the British navy.
Clogherhead Dreadnoughts also county Louth