favourite soup flavour!!??

Started by kinghen, September 20, 2007, 12:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Quote from: downredblack on September 20, 2007, 04:47:22 PM
StPauls , What would you throw into your chowder ?

DRB, i got the recipe out of Darina Allen's cookbook and of the top of my head I put cod, mussels, prawns, bacon, cream, salt and pepper, spuds, oinons (i think) and some other veg in it. in work at the minute but can get you the recipe when i go home this evening!

oneillcup2007

Maddog Im a bad bad cook but I reckon I could cook that.  What is a couple of pints of stock though?

oneillcup2007

Did anyone evr try the soup diet for losing loads of weight. 

downredblack

Thks. StPauls . Sounds a nice drop .

maddog

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on September 21, 2007, 09:36:38 AM
Maddog Im a bad bad cook but I reckon I could cook that.  What is a couple of pints of stock though?

Boiling water and about 4 oxo stock cubes (usually do 2 veg 2 chicken)

Bensars

Has to be Clam Chowder.

Nicest i ever had was a hotel in naas. Osprey Hotel. Sheer class

full back

Is anyone else dodgy about classing chowder as a soup?

Bensars

Quote from: full back on September 21, 2007, 10:28:05 AM
Is anyone else dodgy about classing chowder as a soup?

Come on Fullback !!    Of course its a soup. No different to a hearty vegtable soup.

full back

As I said previously bensars, when I have a 3 course meal I dont want to be about to burst after the starter. Undoubtedly some chowders fill you right up & you cant enjoy the rest of your dinner (IMHO)

stpauls

depends on how much seafood is put in to it, i would certainly class it as more of a main meal the more chunky/meaty it is!

maddog

Quote from: full back on September 21, 2007, 10:38:35 AM
As I said previously bensars, when I have a 3 course meal I dont want to be about to burst after the starter. Undoubtedly some chowders fill you right up & you cant enjoy the rest of your dinner (IMHO)

If you have the chowder (one i do is haddock prawns and broccolli) and a few rounds of crusty bread you wont need another bite. No way should it be used as a starter.

stpauls

Quote from: maddog on September 21, 2007, 10:58:06 AM
Quote from: full back on September 21, 2007, 10:38:35 AM

If you have the chowder (one i do is haddock prawns and broccolli) and a few rounds of crusty bread you wont need another bite. No way should it be used as a starter.

agreed!!!