favourite soup flavour!!??

Started by kinghen, September 20, 2007, 12:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinghen

just about to go for my lunch and there a place across the road that does a wide range o soups! have been eating homemade vegetable for the last few days and fancy a change!! im thinkin minnestrone?! any other suggestions?!

Our Nail Loney

Homemade vegetable is very very hard to beat.

Scotch broth is good as well, I like a soup with some meat in it. My auntie makes vegetable soup but with beef in it and its class. She also uses vegetables freshly grown from her garden, class.

full back

ziggysego

Carrot soup or Minestrone soup.

However, it's hard to beat the good old vegetable soup.
Testing Accessibility

Our Nail Loney

I absolutely hate tomato soup though!

Even the smell near makes me retch!

kinghen

but im pretty hungry so im thinkin with the pasta in the minnestrone it mite fill me more than just a cream of chicken or somethin like that, im lookin a soup with a bit of substance, a bit of balls if you will!

full back

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 20, 2007, 01:16:18 PM
You cant bate an oul bowl o Chicken Soup.

If you would stick to an oul bowl o Chicken Soup on a Friday night instead of a Chinese & bottle of wine you wouldnt be in the shape you are in ...........;)

Go for the minestrone with pasta young man

5 Sams

Yer only man.....

Campbells Chicken Noodle
The Aristocrat Years

kinghen

just back from lunch and ended up goin with the minestrone and it didnt disappoint! thanks to all!! i ended up goin all out italian then and got a ciabatta with mozarella and sun dried tomatoes and parma ham!! best lunch ive had all week id say! and i know its a bit "la dee da" but im not a bummer, as im normally a hang sangich dunked in the scotch broth kinda guy!!

downredblack

Yer Ma's leek and spud is hard to whack

stew

Baked french onion is great stuff.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

kinghen

ma's leek and shpud= great shout, the leeks just give it a nice peppery touch will the spud gives ya that feeling of eatin somethin filling and wholesome that other soups cant!

john mcgill

Best soup, other than what my Mum used to make, is the clam chowder from Legal Sea Food in Boston.

full back

I dont know about chowder john
I have reservations about classing it as a soup
It fills you up a wild amount, which if you are going for a 3 course meal a soup shouldnt do (imho)

Gabriel_Hurl

Erin Country Veg - pity it costs nearly $3 a pack here