Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on August 28, 2017, 08:57:18 AM
john sugru could be the man
No good, the boys on here want an inside man. The last one we had was such a success after.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Don Draper on August 28, 2017, 07:55:51 AM
So the clubs are finally going to grow a backbone and stand up to the CB? And THIS is what they are going to make a stand on? We're fucked as a county.

I would beg to differ Don, Billy is one of the most divisive candidates out there.  I have nothing personal against Billy but it shows how out of touch the county board is to even contemplate him.  It really is not the time for Billy Sheehan to be proposed as a candidate.  I would argue his C.V is no better or worse than local candidates.  The clubs have been stewing for a row with the county board,  it's going to take a brave county board to propose Billy Sheehan as the manager.

Would Emo even vote for him? 

Don Draper

Which clubs are stewing for a row? Its funny that now is the time to have that row, have they been happy with how things have been going up to this point?

BallyroanAbu

Were the clubs happy, or more likely so busy trying to keep their own shows running that they have taken their eye off the ball.   

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on August 28, 2017, 09:14:36 AM
Were the clubs happy, or more likely so busy trying to keep their own shows running that they have taken their eye off the ball.
Its great to see them finally standing up anyway. Their delegates didn't seem to have much issues with rubber stamping everything the CB put before them up to this point. it seemed all it took was mention of Billy Sheehan to rise them from their slumber. This could signal a whole new direction for the County. I for one support your uprising.

Keyser Söze

So the clubs are finally going to grow a backbone and stand up to the CB? And THIS is what they are going to make a stand on? We're fucked as a county.

Well I do think if the infamous "Drinkgate" CB meeting hadn't have gone the way it did, myself & Tony would still be arguing over how much time a Mr. P. Creedon should get. I do think that meeting shook the CB a little, and I do think that they were happy enough to retain P. Creedon up to that point.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Faugheen

Billy sitting by himself on the terrace in O Moore Pk yesterday evening taking notes  ::) 8)

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 28, 2017, 10:36:17 AM

Well I do think if the infamous "Drinkgate" CB meeting hadn't have gone the way it did, myself & Tony would still be arguing over how much time a Mr. P. Creedon should get. I do think that meeting shook the CB a little, and I do think that they were happy enough to retain P. Creedon up to that point.
One delegate telling stories with no evidence to back it up, is an uprising?

The Monument Road

Quote from: Faugheen on August 28, 2017, 10:52:59 AM
Billy sitting by himself on the terrace in O Moore Pk yesterday evening taking notes  ::) 8)
I was at three different venues over the weekend and he was also at them. He is a shoe in and only needs ratification. Ratification is a 100% certainty. Also the number of candidate proposals from CLUBS yes clubs was very low. Some of the local names mentioned here like Clancy, Higgins and Chris  had no interest whatsoever. Emo ( and two other clubs) proposed Billy and he is now our new manager. Best of luck billy,

High Fielder

Well said Monument. If he gets it good luck to him. He was good enough for Cork but not the begrudgers in Laois. Some shite you have to listen to. Good luck to whoever actually wants the job and gets it.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on August 28, 2017, 10:53:38 AM

No, but several prominent delegates spoke out strongly against his reappointment. (Conway, Lawlor, Burke etc)
I honestly think the CB would have went away, conducted a "review" and come back and proposed him for reappointment if this hadn't of happened. I never mentioned anything about uprising etc but I do think those at the top are politically skilled enough to read which way the wind is blowing.
I wouldn't have thought Billy would have been acceptable to the clubs of Laois, that's why I don't think they will chance it.
The delegates above effectively stood up to the CB on reappointing Creedon, they won't chance putting a stupid appointment in front of them (not saying BS would be a stupid appointment.
I said here months ago that he is the type of character who would be ideal in the backroom, wouldn't have expected him to be given the manager's gig.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: The Monument Road on August 28, 2017, 11:08:33 AM
Emo ( and two other clubs) proposed Billy and he is now our new manager. Best of luck billy,

I thought there was some fall out between Billy & Emo?

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 28, 2017, 11:40:35 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on August 28, 2017, 10:53:38 AM

No, but several prominent delegates spoke out strongly against his reappointment. (Conway, Lawlor, Burke etc)
I honestly think the CB would have went away, conducted a "review" and come back and proposed him for reappointment if this hadn't of happened. I never mentioned anything about uprising etc but I do think those at the top are politically skilled enough to read which way the wind is blowing.
I wouldn't have thought Billy would have been acceptable to the clubs of Laois, that's why I don't think they will chance it.
The delegates above effectively stood up to the CB on reappointing Creedon, they won't chance putting a stupid appointment in front of them (not saying BS would be a stupid appointment.
I said here months ago that he is the type of character who would be ideal in the backroom, wouldn't have expected him to be given the manager's gig.
Until these delegates vote down something put in front of them by the CB, I believe nothing. Everyone needs their All Ireland tickets.

Keyser Söze

Maybe.
But I would take it as fact that the CB wanted to reappoint Creedon. After the CB meeting they knew they wouldn't get away with it. Do delegates (& clubs) need to stand up to the CB more? Yes, I agree with you.