Quote from: Blowitupref on May 05, 2017, 07:19:02 PM
Sligo team named.

Aidan Devaney

Ross Donovan, Charlie Harrison, Eoin McHugh

Keelan Cawley, Brendan Egan, John Kelly

Cian Breheny, Adrian McIntyre

Neil Ewing, Mark Breheny, Kyle Cawley

Stephen Coen, Pat Hughes, Adrian Marren

In Donovan,Harrison,Egan,McIntyre,M Breheny,Marren Sligo should be enough experience in that team not to get caught cold and looking at that forward line they should have too much firepower for New York.

This is a very strong Sligo side. It wont be the team that starts IMO but close to it. I am concerned as the NY side is as strong as Ive seen it but i do think Sligo will squeeze through

You have a short memory ck.

Blowitupref

Quote from: ck on May 05, 2017, 09:13:14 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 05, 2017, 07:19:02 PM
Sligo team named.

Aidan Devaney

Ross Donovan, Charlie Harrison, Eoin McHugh

Keelan Cawley, Brendan Egan, John Kelly

Cian Breheny, Adrian McIntyre

Neil Ewing, Mark Breheny, Kyle Cawley

Stephen Coen, Pat Hughes, Adrian Marren

In Donovan,Harrison,Egan,McIntyre,M Breheny,Marren Sligo should be enough experience in that team not to get caught cold and looking at that forward line they should have too much firepower for New York.

This is a very strong Sligo side. It wont be the team that starts IMO but close to it. I am concerned as the NY side is as strong as Ive seen it but i do think Sligo will squeeze through

What changes do you expect to the Sligo team? New York lacking scorers in their team this year. Darren Freeman,Luke Loughlin are gone back to Ireland and Brian Connor of Offaly who scored 3 or 4 points against Roscommon last May did his ACL recently.

I think Sligo will win comfortably but i am not sure which margin of victory is the best to place money on?

Sligo 1-3 pts
11/4

Sligo 4-6 pts
7/2

Sligo 7-9 pts
11/2

Sligo 10-12 pts
10/1

Sligo 13-15 pts
14/1

Sligo 16 pts or more
20/1
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

magpie seanie

Blowitupref - have you seen much of Sligo recently? 4 of the 6 you name shouldn't be on the team any more if you ask me so I wouldn't be relying on them to pull us out of the fire.

Ewing has played at 6 all year and I'd say he'll start there. Patrick O'Connor must start if he's fit, probably not named to avoid debut hullabaloo in the media. Not sure who will partner McIntyre (is he over his injury) at midfield.....Cian, for all his good attacking attributes would be a big risk. Other options in short supply so maybe a risk worth taking. Not sure who'll drop out of the forwards if O'Connor comes in....MB or Marren for me....John Kelly will push up to HF line.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 06, 2017, 10:14:01 AM
Blowitupref - have you seen much of Sligo recently? 4 of the 6 you name shouldn't be on the team any more if you ask me so I wouldn't be relying on them to pull us out of the fire.

Ewing has played at 6 all year and I'd say he'll start there. Patrick O'Connor must start if he's fit, probably not named to avoid debut hullabaloo in the media. Not sure who will partner McIntyre (is he over his injury) at midfield.....Cian, for all his good attacking attributes would be a big risk. Other options in short supply so maybe a risk worth taking. Not sure who'll drop out of the forwards if O'Connor comes in....MB or Marren for me....John Kelly will push up to HF line.
is that the same Ewing that cost Sligo the 2010 final by constantly fouling lads?

magpie seanie

Mano - in my book Eoin Flanagan is a very good man marker and if the lads they have starting are better than him our forwards will struggle.

magpie seanie

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 06, 2017, 10:23:16 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 06, 2017, 10:14:01 AM

is that the same Ewing that cost Sligo the 2010 final by constantly fouling lads?

I wouldn't blame Ewing for that debacle but his tendency to give away a lot of frees has been curbed. He has matured into one of our better defenders with an outrageous appetite for work. Did well at 6 all League but was even better (in my opinion) as a defensive half back at 10 in previous years. He's a good lad.

T Fearon

This is an acid test of Trump's pledge to make America great again.If Sligo win,will Trump ban all Irish GAA county teams from entering the states in future.

Cunny Funt

Cunny Funt

24 mins gone New York: 0-4 Sligo 0-8. Good saves by both goalkeepers to prevent goals.

Cunny Funt

Half time New York 0-09 Sligo 0-11. Sligo experienced players kicking important scores from play and Sligo have the wind advantage in the 2nd half now.

weareros

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 07, 2017, 08:55:52 PM
Half time New York 0-09 Sligo 0-11. Sligo experienced players kicking important scores from play and Sligo have the wind advantage in the 2nd half now.

According to Ocean FM, NY have the wind advantage in second half.

macdanger2

Goal for NY, all square ten mins into 2nd half

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Cunny Funt

Quote from: weareros on May 07, 2017, 09:05:24 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 07, 2017, 08:55:52 PM

According to Ocean FM, NY have the wind advantage in second half.
RTE radio saying the opposite. Sligo back in front 0-14 to 1-10 now.