The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Jesus Uladh I never seen that coming.  ::)

Looks class, the Kop is huge.

Two points though:

- Why are the stands as far away from the pitch?
- why does it look like a 5  year old drew the plans?

SuperSub

Jaysis lads i think it's awful i really do and im a Liverpool fan

heganboy

ok a few things- first of all the design you see is for 60,000 and has been submitted for planning approval, the reason its is looks like that is that it has been built to accommodate another 18,000 seats. The transportation infrastructure isnt there to support more and there is work being undertaken to re-open the Bootle branch of the local train system. When that is done the new 78,000 plan gets submitted.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

girt_giggler

This Utd carry on regarding Heinze is becoming a farce. Cant see them not being able to stop Heinze moving to Anfield when it all gets sorted out.  Will Liverpool have the patience to hang on til a solution is reached?

Which got me thinking,we need a left back & from what Ive saw of Leighton Baines (wigan) he seems a good player & alot of years ahead of him to improve further. Sound defensively it seems, superb left foot, eye for goal & available at in and around the same price.  

I think we will get Heinze in the end, and he would be my preference but feel Baines could be a reasonable alternative.

Rant over

mooncatiii

I like th look of the new stadium, i think its unique and looks like no other stadium ive seen which is exactly what liverpool is all about!  

in relation to other comments i seen, i think liverpool have a realistic chance of the title this season the key will be gettting a good start this has consistently let us down!  i think the players benitez has brought in have been very good buys they r all young and will be with th club for a number of years which at this time is important as there may not be much money to spend the next few seasons with the new stadium.  so in a way the pressure is on because if this squad doesn't get it right there may not be the £40 million next summer to bring in more players
shazam

girt_giggler

Quote from: corn02 on July 25, 2007, 01:32:42 PM
Jesus Uladh I never seen that coming.  ::)

Looks class, the Kop is huge.

Two points though:

- Why are the stands as far away from the pitch?- why does it look like a 5  year old drew the plans?

They don't appear to be far away from the pitch at all to me. In the original plans for the new stadium which was a more oval shaped structure they deemd it too far away from the pitch & very 'un-Anfield' like, hence why new designs were made. If you read Parry's comments on the website it tells you as far as i remember

GalwayBayBoy

At the end of the day all that really matters in a new stadium is

A. Facilities
B. Capacity
C. Atmosphere

What the stadium looks like from the outside is largely irrelevant. Anfield isn't much to look at from the outside, neither is Celtic Park or even the Nou Camp. It's what's inside the stadium that matters.

charlie stubbs

would agree with the theory that baines is a good player,but i think rafa needs someone who can cover both centre half and left back.at min we are in big trouble imo if riise gets injured or either carra or agger and if finnan gets injured wouldnt be overly fussed on arbeloa.think we slept in bigtime getting woodgate on loan last summer or just this summer would been a great signing,but injury prone.think benayoun,babel,kewell and aurelio will be constantly changed on the left esp if the reports of babel in pre-season are correct,though the lad needs time!hads anyone saw much of lucas?will he be pushing for a position in midfield?would nneed be good as we have four top notch central midfielders at min

stiffler

In Rafa We Trust... I reckon he has someone in mind in case the Heinze deal falls through.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

SuperSub

Quote from: stiffler on July 25, 2007, 06:49:17 PM
In Rafa We Trust... I reckon he has someone in mind in case the Heinze deal falls through.

Gary Kelly has left Leeds.......Maybe him :P

Gabriel_Hurl

AZ will be happy

Stick the Kop in where "The Red Zone" section is and you'll get a good impression of what it'll look like - if and when the corners get filled in

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 21, 2007, 02:33:45 PM
QuoteAnd this Voronin fella, anyone know if he's up to much?

Voronin

Pile of Shite

what was that LaoisLad?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 25, 2007, 08:55:07 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 21, 2007, 02:33:45 PM
QuoteAnd this Voronin fella, anyone know if he's up to much?

Voronin

Pile of Shite

what was that LaoisLad?

A few good performances against teams like South China ::)...I wouldn't get carried away yet
But for the good of the team i hope i am wrong about him for once i wouldn't mind to be proved wrong
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Balboa

Gabriel that artists impression would make you think the new stadium is going to be in Phoenix, i have never seen Liverpool look like that !