The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentalman

Quote from: corn02 on July 19, 2007, 07:08:13 PM
Why take United reject, not a good sign for me!

Whether or not he's a United reject is debatable, seems he wants out of the club to me, who rejected who? The questions are in that case, given his age and ability i.e. your not buying him for potential or as a squad player, is he better than what Liverpool have got in that/those position(s)? I think he is, he's a genuine left back, something Liverpool haven't had for a while, who can cover centre half. If so is there someone else who provides better value for money in the present market? It would seem that at the moment Rafa doesn't think so. Either way, it seems it's not on the cards, as Heinze didn't buy out his contract, and Lexo doesn't want to do business with Liverpool.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Goin Down

Lads Heinze just wouldnt go well with Liverpool, he should either stay with United or feck off to some other league! I'd say Leeds Utd would welcome him with open arms! I'd say Man Utd will win the League in 07/08 wouldnt have much hopes for Liverpool this year unfortuneatly.
Remember This.

J70

As much as I would have liked to have seen someone like Heinze come to Liverpool, because he is a good player and because of the funny-to-watch but thoroughly understandable reaction such a move would elicit from United fans, I wouldn't want to see a resumption of transfers between the two clubs. I certainly wouldn't like to see a Liverpool star move the other way.

goldenyears

Liverpool will turn their attentions to £7m-rated Juventus left-back Giorgio Chiellini after Man Utd snubbed their offer for Gabriel Heinze. (Daily Star)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on July 20, 2007, 03:41:09 AM
As much as I would have liked to have seen someone like Heinze come to Liverpool, because he is a good player and because of the funny-to-watch but thoroughly understandable reaction such a move would elicit from United fans, I wouldn't want to see a resumption of transfers between the two clubs. I certainly wouldn't like to see a Liverpool star move the other way.

They're would have been a few over the last few years that we'd have gladly given them...Diouf,Diao,Traore :D
But it just goes to show what a strong team Liverpool have now as there isn't one i can think of now that i'd like rid of...Arbeola maybe but he hasn't really had much game time so far so will reserve complete judgement on him just yet
You'll Never Walk Alone.

derryexile

It seems as though the door may still be open for the Heinze deal, He was used quite effectively last year by Fergie, away from home when United wanted to keep it tight at the back more often than not Henize was played, very strong defender and although he won't give you much in the way of attacking I think he would be a great buy, If we can push Riise up the field we have an extremely strong defence, and the whole left side of the team will be very strong which i think it hasnt been over the past 5 - 6 years!

Goin Down

I reckon if he does go to Liverpool he'll hate it there, if hes leavin Utd he should go to some other league in some other country.
Remember This.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Goin Down on July 20, 2007, 04:49:49 PM
I reckon if he does go to Liverpool he'll hate it there, if hes leavin Utd he should go to some other league in some other country.

Know him personally do you?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Goin Down

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 20, 2007, 04:53:56 PM
Quote from: Goin Down on July 20, 2007, 04:49:49 PM

Know him personally do you?

Yes I do actually, want me to say hello for you?
Remember This.

Hound

Liverpool's lawyers are talking to ManU's lawyers re Heinze according to the Liverpool official website.
ManU sent a letter to Heinze's agent saying he could leave if they received an offer in excess of a certain amount (thought to be £6 million). Liverpool made such an offer which ManU rejected. Looks like ManU have no choice but to change their decision and accept the offer - unless the letter has no legal weight. Could get messy if ManU fight it.

I saw Liverpool's friendly win v Auxerre. That Babel lad was dire!! Presumably he'll improve  ;D

Benayoun was very good, Torres and Voronin did pretty well, but it was a poor game so not easy to judge. Young El Zhar was very lively when he came on.

gawa316

Liverpoolfc.tv can reveal that Steve Finnan has agreed a new three-year deal with the club. 
The Republic of Ireland international will complete the formalities of the contract when he returns from Liverpool's two-game tour of Hong Kong.
Right-back Finnan has been a Reds player for four years now, during which time he has made 182 first team appearances.

He follows in the footsteps of Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Xabi Alonso, Pepe Reina and Momo Sissoko in pledging his future to the club this summer. 

Great news that we've extended the best right back in the premierships' contract

The Real Laoislad

Good news about Finnan alright..
Liverpool now have best Goalie,Right back,Centre back,Centre Midfielder and hopefully soon to be best striker in the Premiership in
Renia,Finnan,Carragher,Gerrard and Torres
No doubt some United fool will come on and say they have Van de Sar,Neville, :D,Ferdindand :D,Scholes and Rooney
But of course they be talking bollix ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

new devil

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2007, 10:21:11 AM
Good news about Finnan alright..
Liverpool now have best Goalie,Right back,Centre back,Centre Midfielder and hopefully soon to be best striker in the Premiership in
Renia,Finnan,Carragher,Gerrard and Torres
No doubt some United fool will come on and say they have Van de Sar,Neville, :D,Ferdindand :D,Scholes and Rooney
But of course they be talking bollix ;)

foster,oshea,vidic,hargreaves and tevez then  ;)

Balboa

Newdevil stop quoting your own posts you plank.

new devil