Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveherlong

Any easy and cheap way of loading (or accessing)  RTE player onto a Firestick in the North?

Boycey

Quote from: giveherlong on December 30, 2019, 11:24:51 PM
Any easy and cheap way of loading (or accessing)  RTE player onto a Firestick in the North?

Search APKpure.com for the APK and download and install from there.

marty34

Lads, what is best way to access GAA national leagues games without getting a contract for 2 or 3 outfits?

Main Street

Quote from: marty34 on December 31, 2019, 01:03:26 AM
Lads, what is best way to access GAA national leagues games without getting a contract for 2 or 3 outfits?
You can do that with an iptv sub on a firestick or mag box.  One sub rules them all. You can access rte tg4  eirsport Premium sports. But in the end the Dubs will probably still win.

marty34

Quote from: Main Street on December 31, 2019, 01:33:48 AM
You can do that with an iptv sub on a firestick or mag box.  One sub rules them all. You can access rte tg4  eirsport Premium sports. But in the end the Dubs will probably still win.

Lol Main Street - loving the positivity at the end.

Thanks for the info.

Main Street

Quote from: marty34 on December 31, 2019, 11:47:29 PM
Quote from: Main Street on December 31, 2019, 01:33:48 AM

Lol Main Street - loving the positivity at the end.

Thanks for the info.
Also the iptv sub is good for most every soccer game on the planet including celtic tv, but if you live in the UK then an extra step needs to be taken to view that sport.
Board member  'general' is willing to receive pm and gives direct assistance on ways you can get up and running with iptv, so far nobody has called him a shyster.

giveherlong

Quote from: aontroim on September 02, 2019, 10:29:06 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on September 02, 2019, 10:15:51 AM
Any such thing as getting a firestick with an Ethernet port rather that relying on WiFi?

Yes there is an adapter you can buy here or check ebay etc for cheaper copies

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Ethernet-Adaptor-Remote-models/dp/B01LXP5TXI

I bought this for the Firestick. It's a good job

giveherlong

Anyone ever side load any of the apps onto a Now TV stick or know if it can be done?
Save having to buy another Firestick

JohnDenver

Quote from: giveherlong on January 22, 2020, 11:41:57 AM
Anyone ever side load any of the apps onto a Now TV stick or know if it can be done?

Don't think it can be done on nowTV stick. They are basically a roku stick but they are locked down to sky/nowTV.  Roku stick i think you can only get Plex on, as they dont run android based apps like the firestick does.

giveherlong

Quote from: JohnDenver on January 22, 2020, 01:57:04 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on January 22, 2020, 11:41:57 AM

Don't think it can be done on nowTV stick. They are basically a roku stick but they are locked down to sky/nowTV.  Roku stick i think you can only get Plex on, as they dont run android based apps like the firestick does.

👍 Thanks

Main Street

That ethernet adapter brings the Fiire tv stick  up to GBP54.
Can that midget really perform as well as a 4k Magbox?
I'm in the market for a 2nd device.

Boycey

Quote from: Main Street on January 22, 2020, 11:26:08 PM

I turned through 180 from being a magbox disciple to using nothing only Fire stick. I never even needed an Ethernet adapter for it. In my view a serious piece of kit at the price...

Main Street

Quote from: Boycey on January 23, 2020, 12:16:42 AM

I turned through 180 from being a magbox disciple to using nothing only Fire stick. I never even needed an Ethernet adapter for it. In my view a serious piece of kit at the price...
Thanks, I'll give the midget some open minded respect.

giveherlong

Quote from: Boycey on January 23, 2020, 12:16:42 AM

+1
Only reason I needed Ethernet cable is broadband speed is very slow

Jokerman

I bought one of these https://www.ebay.ie/itm/X96-Mini-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-4K-WiFi-Smart-Android-7-1-TV-Box-Media-Player/152783303013?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 and bought an iptv subscription and it works good except it buffers all the time if i'm watchoing a HD stream on wifi but ok with wired connection. I got back to the seller and he says cheap boxes like this don't have a good wifi engine or whatever and i should try putting it nearer the modem or try pointing it in different directions. Does this make sense or should I just get a better box? Can I put my iptv app on a Firestick?