Connacht U20 and U17 championships 2024

Started by Cunny Funt, January 18, 2021, 11:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Rossfan

We're 9 days from the Sligo v Ros game, there's no venue or time announced.
God forbid anyone might want to go to the game and pay in.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on April 05, 2022, 12:06:30 AM

Prenty Park?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 05, 2022, 08:13:51 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 05, 2022, 12:06:30 AM

Prenty Park?

that where mayo and Galway is .
are there any supporter facilities there at all? the one visit i made to it it did not seem to . outside anyway , apparently its there so floodlights can be used in the event of a tie
It will Also keep supports away
sold correctly this match would get over 5000 and often has done
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Sligo are due a home game so I can't see them giving that up.
But Marky has no floodlights and there has to be allowance for extra time and penalties.
Make sense to play it Saturday but ...... Final is the following Wednesday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Galway hot favorites for this

Brian O'Flaherty (Islandeady);
Alfie Morrison (Louisburgh), Ruairí Keane (Mayo Gaels), Conal Dawson (Westport);
Fenton Kelly (Davitts), Sam Callinan (Ballina Stephenites), Aidan Cosgrove (Kiltimagh);
Frank Irwin (Ballina Stephenites, captain), Donnacha McHugh (Castlebar Mitchels);
Tom O'Flaherty (Aghamore), Dylan Thornton (Ballina Stephenites), Jack Fallon (Mayo Gaels);
Cian McHale (Bohola Moy Davitts), Paddy Heneghan (Castlebar Mitchels), Cian O'Connell (Ballinrobe).

Subs: Luke Jennings (Ballinrobe), Cian McHale (Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin), Seán Morahan (Castlebar Mitchels), Oisín Tunney (Breaffy), Conor Reid (Bohola Moy Davitts), Bob Tuohy (Castlebar Mitchels), Niall Treacy (Davitts), Paul Walsh (Castlebar Mitchels), Mark Cunningham (Castlebar Mitchels).

rosnarun

James Egan (St James');
Conor Corcoran (Moycullen), Éanna Donohue (Killererin), Colm Mac Donncha (Naomh Anna, Leitir Móir);
Ruairí King (Clifden), Johnny McGrath (Caherlistrane), Daniel Flaherty (Salthill-Knocknacarra);
James McLaughlin (Moycullen), Conall Gallagher (St Michael's);
Rory Donnellan (Corofin), Warren Seoige (Naomh Anna, Leitir Móir), Dylan Brady (Corofin);
Charlie Power (Salthill-Knocknacarra), Tomo Culhane (Salthill-Knocknacarra), Nathan Grainger (Claregalway).

Subs: Kyle Long (Claregalway), Cathal Meagher (St Michael's), Cormac Greaney (Corofin), Adam Tierney (Oughterard), Sam O'Neill (St James'), Daniel Cox (Moycullen), Jake Slattery (Dunmore MacHales), Evan Nolan (Salthill-Knocknacarra), Liam Ó Conghaile (An Spidéal).

Maroon Manc

Galway 5/6 and Mayo 6/5. Nothing in it, Galway I think last year were something like 1/3 and got beat.

Galway have 8 starters from the 2019 minor All Ireland Final, Cian Hernon who was man of the match in the 2020 u20 semi final must be injured. Interested to see how McLaughlin gets on against two of Mayo's strongest players, thought he was excellent when introduced on Sunday.

Galway with pretty much the same team that got beat Cork last month but in addition will have the 3 lads that are on the senior panel.

galwayman

Quote from: rosnarun on April 06, 2022, 10:11:57 AM
Galway hot favorites for this

Brian O'Flaherty (Islandeady);
Alfie Morrison (Louisburgh), Ruairí Keane (Mayo Gaels), Conal Dawson (Westport);
Fenton Kelly (Davitts), Sam Callinan (Ballina Stephenites), Aidan Cosgrove (Kiltimagh);
Frank Irwin (Ballina Stephenites, captain), Donnacha McHugh (Castlebar Mitchels);
Tom O'Flaherty (Aghamore), Dylan Thornton (Ballina Stephenites), Jack Fallon (Mayo Gaels);
Cian McHale (Bohola Moy Davitts), Paddy Heneghan (Castlebar Mitchels), Cian O'Connell (Ballinrobe).

Subs: Luke Jennings (Ballinrobe), Cian McHale (Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin), Seán Morahan (Castlebar Mitchels), Oisín Tunney (Breaffy), Conor Reid (Bohola Moy Davitts), Bob Tuohy (Castlebar Mitchels), Niall Treacy (Davitts), Paul Walsh (Castlebar Mitchels), Mark Cunningham (Castlebar Mitchels).
On what basis do you say Galway hot favourites for this?
On paper two evenly matched teams.

Any Galway heads know where Cian Hernon is? No sign of him on the squad. Class player.
Is the game in the Dome or on one of the outdoor pitches? If outdoors - is there a stand?

Blowitupref

Quote from: galwayman on April 06, 2022, 02:02:06 PM

Is the game in the Dome or on one of the outdoor pitches? If outdoors - is there a stand?
Meant to be on pitch 1 outdoors. it has a 500 seater stand.

Looking back at 2019 minor level where a good number of players from tonight's teams would be involved then

Group stage played in MacHale Park - Mayo   0-11 Galway 2-12
Final played in Tuam - Galway 1-17 Mayo 1-18 extra time to find a winner there.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 06, 2022, 02:31:51 PM
Quote from: galwayman on April 06, 2022, 02:02:06 PM

Meant to be on pitch 1 outdoors. it has a 500 seater stand.

Looking back at 2019 minor level where a good number of players from tonight's teams would be involved then

Group stage played in MacHale Park - Mayo   0-11 Galway 2-12
Final played in Tuam - Galway 1-17 Mayo 1-18 extra time to find a winner there.
Thanks for that. Best get there early so to get a seat.

Blowitupref

0-2 each at half time. Very windy conditions.

Result Mayo 1-6 to 1-4. Credit to both sides trying to play football in truly awful conditions.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sligoman2

I don't understand why this game could not be played in the dome given the brutal conditions.  They were 50 yards away from the dome and the weather was terrible, I feel bad for both teams to have to play in those conditions - many the dome couldn't hold the crowd but it just seemed crazy to not play indoors.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Farrandeelin

The posts were bending for the 5 minutes I saw of it at the end of the first half. Well done to Mayo, but all the same it's a biteen hard on Galway to go out with conditions like that.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: sligoman2 on April 06, 2022, 08:26:42 PM
I don't understand why this game could not be played in the dome given the brutal conditions.  They were 50 yards away from the dome and the weather was terrible, I feel bad for both teams to have to play in those conditions - many the dome couldn't hold the crowd but it just seemed crazy to not play indoors.

Apparently the rules of the competition state that if any game is played indoors, then all games must be played indoors.
That's the reason the game went ahead on the outdoor pitch.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."