Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtothecore

Is john mc govern still part of senior squad? I didnt see his name on squad last saturday. I hope he is as think he could be a good option when he works at it...

snoopdog

Quote from: downtothecore on May 01, 2024, 10:10:22 PMIs john mc govern still part of senior squad? I didnt see his name on squad last saturday. I hope he is as think he could be a good option when he works at it...
Now is the time to try new players.  3 games v Offaly, Limerick and London would be good to blood a few more lads.

Mourne Red

Quote from: downtothecore on May 01, 2024, 10:10:22 PMIs john mc govern still part of senior squad? I didnt see his name on squad last saturday. I hope he is as think he could be a good option when he works at it...

Was playing for Newry City on Saturday why he wasn't in the squad.

sdg

Who would you take up?
[/quote]

Jamie Doran is the obvious one. Like the look of Carr too - would Gilroy be worth working with - he is a man mountain. Murdock from Rostrevor too is a very sound player. Take some of them in and give them a go.. no point hanging on to the same faces that have been there 20 months now and still very limited game time. Barry injury is a tough one on the lad but opens a place for at least one.
[/quote]

Sure carr can't even get a game for Clonduff,  gilroy never got a start all year for u20s so I would safely say there's a fair chance laverty won't be looking their numbers any time soon ::)

ck

How is Carr not making Clonduff team? Very strange.

Ed Hardy

Any reports from the games last night? Or the Ballyholland v Carryduff game?

snoopdog

Have the gaa announced the date and time for the London game? Anyone thinking of travelling.

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on Today at 08:51:03 AMHave the gaa announced the date and time for the London game? Anyone thinking of travelling.
Limerick match is in Newry next Saturday (11th) at 4pm.

London match is in Ruislip on Saturday 18th at 6pm.

Offaly match hasn't been set yet, it will be at neutral venue on June 1st/2nd
nil satis nisi optimum

ardtole

Navan would be the most logical venue for the Down v Offaly game. Tullamore and Newry both approx 60 mins from Navan.