All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: thewobbler on January 07, 2024, 08:00:25 PMIt was a hell of a game for a "farce".

Give me that football in 65% visibility over nearly any club game I watched this summer, every time.
each to their own, just think one of the biggest games in the club season deserved to be 'seen'. I honestly couldn't tell you if it was a good game or not.

Players and spectators I feel deserved better, it felt like the gaa just wanted it to go ahead no matter what, same with the first game.
nil satis nisi optimum

Saul goodman

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 07, 2024, 08:48:27 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 07, 2024, 08:00:25 PMIt was a hell of a game for a "farce".

Give me that football in 65% visibility over nearly any club game I watched this summer, every time.
each to their own, just think one of the biggest games in the club season deserved to be 'seen'. I honestly couldn't tell you if it was a good game or not.

I was at it yes visibility was poor but it was a cracking game and best team won glen deserved it bossed the whole first half.
Yes kilmacud had a grip of them in the last 15-20 mins but they deserved the win overall

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: gallsman on January 07, 2024, 08:46:00 PMNever mind that, how far up the pitch could you see?

Saw kilmacud attack first half and glen second
Saw to halfway line then nothing
Stand was full when we got there and that was 3.00
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

quit yo jibbajabba

Not wanting to bring up old debates, well ok I am just a little 😆, who was it didn't see the fuss about Glen again? Wonder if hes convinced yet 😋

Saffrongael

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 07, 2024, 09:00:36 PMNot wanting to bring up old debates, well ok I am just a little 😆, who was it didn't see the fuss about Glen again? Wonder if hes convinced yet 😋

Aye that would be Oso, hasn't a clue
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

LC

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 07, 2024, 08:51:16 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 07, 2024, 08:46:00 PMNever mind that, how far up the pitch could you see?

Terraced side looked pretty full today so I imagine not far off a full house.

Cant recall as big crowd for a club game outside an AI final in recent times.

armaghniac

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 07, 2024, 08:48:27 PM

Players and spectators I feel deserved better, it felt like the gaa just wanted it to go ahead no matter what, same with the first game.

There must have been heading for 10,000 people there, although you'd never know as you couldn't see the other side of the field.
The fog was the same for both sides, but it affected the possibilities of play. When Glen had the press at the end and turned over the ball, there was no option for a Beggan style effort to kick the ball out over the press because the goalie couldn't seen the players in midfield!
Kilmacud lost it in the second quarter and had it would have been an injustice had they snatched it at the end.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Saffrongael on January 07, 2024, 09:04:34 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 07, 2024, 09:00:36 PMNot wanting to bring up old debates, well ok I am just a little 😆, who was it didn't see the fuss about Glen again? Wonder if hes convinced yet 😋

That's the one 😀 he still here lol

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: LC on January 07, 2024, 09:07:50 PM

Yes terrace side full too
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Champion The Wonder Horse

And how many of those games involved the top sides in Ireland?

It was a farce that the game was played today in those conditions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 07, 2024, 09:11:24 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on January 07, 2024, 09:04:34 PM

That's the one 😀 he still here lol

Will be a detailed report on how an average running team managed to get to back to back Club finals  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

andoireabu

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 07, 2024, 06:13:56 PM
Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on January 07, 2024, 06:05:57 PM
Quote from: pjm on January 07, 2024, 06:01:12 PM
Quote from: Estimator on January 07, 2024, 05:44:51 PMAfaik Warnock has turned down 3 different  Derry managers regarding a call up to county football

Unusual name, is it common up there?

Probably a former planter name from back in the day if I was to hazard a guess.

Most teams have one or two.

Alot more unusual names than that across the country

Mac Giolla Mhearnóg. Probably has planter origins, if you're allowed to say use that terms.
A few Warnock families about Maghera.
Warnock's Hill out of the town as well when you are heading for Swatragh. Name must be around a long time.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on January 07, 2024, 08:05:57 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 07, 2024, 06:13:56 PM
Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on January 07, 2024, 06:05:57 PM
Quote from: pjm on January 07, 2024, 06:01:12 PM
Quote from: Estimator on January 07, 2024, 05:44:51 PMAfaik Warnock has turned down 3 different  Derry managers regarding a call up to county football

Unusual name, is it common up there?

Probably a former planter name from back in the day if I was to hazard a guess.

Most teams have one or two.

Alot more unusual names than that across the country

Mac Giolla Mhearnóg. Probably has planter origins, if you're allowed to say use that terms.
A few Warnock families about Maghera.

Didn't mean it in a derogatory sense. I like to see people of all origins play GAA.

Just find it an interesting topic: most teams across the country have some sort of surname of planter or British origin.

There was a Seymour togged out for Castlehaven and a Trundle for St Brigid's today that are two other examples so it's not just a north of the country thing.

I know you didn't and your use of the term was correct imo, but planter seems to be a term that can be misinterpreted. And family names and the history of them are fascinating.

There was a Winton in the Glen squad today, that was the only unusual one for the locality.

imtommygunn

Warnocks wer very entrepreneurial and we're the first people to start selling oil in maghera, or anywhere near it, apparently...

Rossfan

Quote from: LC on January 07, 2024, 09:07:50 PM

9,000 per RTÉ News.
3,300 in Thurles.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM