Pitch invasions to be made a criminal offence

Started by andoireabu, October 13, 2010, 09:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andoireabu

"Justice minister David Forde is to make on-pitch celebrations a criminal offence in a new law and order bill." - Irish News 12/10/2010

This takes in both soccer and GAA on both sides of the border.  Though nothing is said about who will be prosecuted, what the punishment will be or when it could come into effect.

Im starting to get fed up with all this nonsense.  The GAA isn't what is used to be and its not the way it was when i was growing up.  Every year it something new being needed or changed and its making a balls of the whole thing.   

What do you all reckon?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

ross4life

Quote from: andoireabu on October 13, 2010, 09:32:09 PM
"Justice minister David Forde is to make on-pitch celebrations a criminal offence in a new law and order bill." - Irish News 12/10/2010

This takes in both soccer and GAA on both sides of the border.  Though nothing is said about who will be prosecuted, what the punishment will be or when it could come into effect.

Im starting to get fed up with all this nonsense.  The GAA isn't what is used to be and its not the way it was when i was growing up.  Every year it something new being needed or changed and its making a balls of the whole thing.   

What do you all reckon?

Not just the GAA the whole Country isn't what is used to be! what happened to friendly, easy going place we all grew up in?

No wonder more Irish want's to live outside of Ireland  :(
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Pangurban

In future anyone invading a pitch will be met by Plastic Bullets, if this action fails to deter, live Ammo will be used.. It is unfortunate  that such drastic action is necessary, but the Health and Safety of the paying fans demands it. Should Fermanagh win an Ulster Final, we can expect many casualties, therefore all Belfast Hospitals will be placed on standby, as no local hospitals will exist by that time.

Lar Naparka

How can David Forde legislate for events south of the border?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

RadioGAAGAA

Not even pitch invasions, just on-pitch celebrations.

So what happens if the stewards leave the gates open for everyone at an U-12 final to walk onto the pitch, can the peelers dander in and start arresting?

Politicians out of touch with the people... not surprising really.
i usse an speelchekor

Banana Man

QuoteHow can David Forde legislate for events south of the border?

was thinking that myself, Forde has no jurisdiction south of the safe six so he may wind his neck in

how would they police this anyway?

e.g. ulster final in the new casement park we are all talking about, winning county's fans stream onto the pitch, cup presented in the stand and everyone celebates. Does Ford tell the PSNI to prosecute, bearing in mind they won't be inthe stadium, do they then ask the GAA to hand over CCTV to study, even if the GAA does turn tout and fire the tapes over how do they identify who was on the pitch, do they prosecute 10,000 or just the first few over the wire, where's the cut off of what is a few?

load of balls from a power hungry hoor

Zapatista

Quote from: Banana Man on October 14, 2010, 09:10:25 AM
QuoteHow can David Forde legislate for events south of the border?

was thinking that myself, Forde has no jurisdiction south of the safe six so he may wind his neck in

how would they police this anyway?

I think this is progress.

omagh_gael

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 14, 2010, 06:56:46 AM

Not even pitch invasions, just on-pitch celebrations.

So what happens if the stewards leave the gates open for everyone at an U-12 final to walk onto the pitch, can the peelers dander in and start arresting?

Politicians out of touch with the people... not surprising really.

Not out of touch with the powers that be in the GAA though.

whiskeysteve

when my club won their first derry senior football championship at celtic park the pitch invasion was awesome and utterly safe. But if some thugs were paid to come in and stop us getting on the pitch there would have been serious incidents.

i am in more danger on a dancefloor on a night out. balls to sean cavanagh and his puppetmasters. who do they think they are that we 'the patrons' need educated?

THEY need educated - Do they not see that their hardline will actually make things more dangerous?? I would be astounded if the GAA let David f**king Forde pass law on our games.

Can we get our association back please?
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

clarshack

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 14, 2010, 11:46:43 AM
when my club won their first derry senior football championship at celtic park the pitch invasion was awesome and utterly safe. But if some thugs were paid to come in and stop us getting on the pitch there would have been serious incidents.

i am in more danger on a dancefloor on a night out. balls to sean cavanagh and his puppetmasters. who do they think they are that we 'the patrons' need educated?

THEY need educated - Do they not see that their hardline will actually make things more dangerous?? I would be astounded if the GAA let David f**king Forde pass law on our games.

Can we get our association back please?

well said!

DuffleKing

Are there fences koralling the plebs at the new Landsdowne?

magpie seanie

I was very tentative going onto the pitch in Markievicz after the county hurling final last weekend. I was a bit scared cos I was at a match a few weeks ago and they had this lad on a big video screen telling me how I could get killed if I went on the pitch. Now the stewards opened the gates and all the other people went on so I decided to brave it. All that was going on was some handshakes, a few embraces and a cup prsented to the winners. I didn't see the danger but maybe I was just lucky to escape with my life.

Jinxy

What would have happened if someone shook your hand so hard you dislocated your shoulder?
What would we tell your family?
I'm Seán Cavanagh and I wholeheartedly endorse this message or product.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ludraman

an does dis applie to de manger and de players if dey celebrate too. dat would be some crack if de team wins de all irelan an dey all get arrested. no?

wud marty and rte have to go to the joy for de after match dinner. ha!

pintsofguinness

I was going to have a rant but I'd be typing for a week about something that doesn't even make sense.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?