Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 13, 2018, 08:22:14 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2018, 07:51:25 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 12, 2018, 06:46:02 PM
I hate that 'hurling people' don't do that remark from Duignan

I got so many sly digs of the hurley that I lost count
it goes on in every game and lots of other stuff too

Yes but hurlers generally move on and don't get on like girls! Dirty blows should be dealt with by the ref and if seen by the camera a ban should follow. Job done
the eulogising of hurling folk is ridiculous
as if they are a different race or something

county hurlers and county management would sell their own mother to gain an advantage
The main difference between hurling and football is manliness.

Take it away, Eddie :

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2014/0217/504912-keher/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

I think Micks problem was that he believed the dig of the hurl was aimed at the balls and the untold damage that could do, whereas Mick admitted throwing out a few digs himself but never to a mans nether region.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 13, 2018, 09:04:47 AM

Yes but hurlers generally move on and don't get on like girls! Dirty blows should be dealt with by the ref and if seen by the camera a ban should follow. Job done

county hurlers and county management would sell their own mother to gain an advantage

Take it away, Eddie :

Nothing wrong with that, take belts and give belts, no dirty strokes and away ya go... Hard for me being a ref now but I tend to not blow that often and let the game take its course...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2018, 01:05:21 PM

Take it away, Eddie :

Nothing wrong with that, take belts and give belts, no dirty strokes and away ya go... Hard for me being a ref now but I tend to not blow that often and let the game take its course...
What about giving cards to Kilkenny hurlers, MR? Is it acceptable?

Milltown Row2

cards mean nothing, refs always noted and then sent them off anyways, long before cards were introduced, thats how it happened. So showing cards is for the supporters and management, they know who's on a thin line and it helps the and the suporters, doesnt change the way you ref or control the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on March 13, 2018, 01:37:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 13, 2018, 01:05:21 PM

Take it away, Eddie :

What about giving cards to Kilkenny hurlers, MR? Is it acceptable?

Not if you want to referee an AI final.

Manliness is tantamount to strangling someone in modern hurling.

seafoid

No business like snow business

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0318/948358-another-icy-blast-wreaks-havoc-on-fixture-list/
All four Division 1 hurling quarter-finals have bitten the dust.

The Offaly v Kilkenny (1pm), Wexford v Galway (2pm), Dublin v Tipperary (3pm) and Limerick v Clare (4pm) ties have been rescheduled for tomorrow, Bank Holiday Monday. 

laoislad

Laois avoid relegation by beating Antrim!!
Bad day for the Antrim lads in both codes.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on March 18, 2018, 03:38:25 PM
Laois avoid relegation by beating Antrim!!
Bad day for the Antrim lads in both codes.....

We are well used to it  :-[
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

macdanger2

waterfordlad

Waterford relegated in the play off game v Cork today which survived the weather . It took 20  minutes for us to score today and that  slow start cost us. We got back to within 2 points of Cork at one stage in 2nd half but the sending off of Maurice Shanahan within a minute of coming on for a petulant slap of the hurley (not for the first time) probably ended our chances. Cork finished strongly to win the game. It's been a disappointing campaign and Derek McGrath is getting criticised for his attitude to league. We have no home games in round robin in Munster championship as Walsh Park is not suitable for championship crowds. We have 2 games in Limerick where Waterford have a poor record so the morale is low at the moment.

johnnycool

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 18, 2018, 04:35:23 PM
Congratulations to Mayo hurlers, 2B Champions

bolloxes,,  ;D

According to some of the players we were well in the game till a mistake in our defence led to the Mayo goal being poked home.
Disappointed but we've a very young team now and they need to learn how to win dour games.

johnnycool

Quote from: waterfordlad on March 18, 2018, 08:16:23 PM
Waterford relegated in the play off game v Cork today which survived the weather . It took 20  minutes for us to score today and that  slow start cost us. We got back to within 2 points of Cork at one stage in 2nd half but the sending off of Maurice Shanahan within a minute of coming on for a petulant slap of the hurley (not for the first time) probably ended our chances. Cork finished strongly to win the game. It's been a disappointing campaign and Derek McGrath is getting criticised for his attitude to league. We have no home games in round robin in Munster championship as Walsh Park is not suitable for championship crowds. We have 2 games in Limerick where Waterford have a poor record so the morale is low at the moment.

Some awful shooting let Waterford down again yesterday. The wide count must be well into the teens.

Sort out that and Waterford will have a good opportunity to be in the top 3 of the Munster section and hurling into the knockout stages.
Still think they could maybe throw up another forward all the same and still be compact at the back.

Two Hands FFS