Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: fearbrags on October 08, 2018, 05:22:27 PM
  In Fairness to David Moyes, He  only bought 2 players Marouane Fellaini and Juan Mata  and Mata was only signed weeks before his departure , Also Moyes wasn't even in charge for a full season ;) Not saying he was the answer but I  think we forget how short his reign was and that didnt spend much ;)

One thing Moyes did do was fail to manage Van Persie who was Player of the Year. He over worked him and consequently was always injured. Moyes was in over his head. A team that won the league by 11 points the season before, failed to qualify for Europe.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: fearbrags on October 08, 2018, 05:22:27 PM
  In Fairness to David Moyes, He  only bought 2 players Marouane Fellaini and Juan Mata  and Mata was only signed weeks before his departure , Also Moyes wasn't even in charge for a full season ;) Not saying he was the answer but I  think we forget how short his reign was and that didnt spend much ;)
His short regin produced long term damage for the club. Took over a side that walked the league the previous season and they were left in 7th confirming the club would miss out on Champions League football for first time since 18 years.  He was given a six year contract at the time highlighting that the board are ran by business that had no clue on football and this season would have been his 6th year and he probably would still be manager today if United had reached the champions league in each season.

DuffleKing

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 08, 2018, 12:03:29 PM
Just a few comments to catch up from when I was last on.

firstly - delighted with the fightback and win on Saturday. Huge credit to Martial who really lit the spark. Lucky not to concede a 3rd several times but glad of the win and a bit of throwing caution to the wind for once. They just decided to go for it....that's what Manchester United are supposed to do. No reaction from the manager to the first goal but subsequently realised it was a good PR opportunity and started acting like he gave a fcuk. Calling over his lieutenent Matic with instructions after the 3rd went in....it's all about you Jose.

I found Neville's comments a bit rich considering his backing of the Glazers previously at the height of the green and gold campaign. Seems he's a company man and of course his current employers want Jose to be kept - he keeps their newsreel full with his bullshit. Rio and Scholes were good after the game.

The Glazers are scum and Woodward is a donkey. However, they (Glazers) were there for several years when Alex Ferguson was there and still winning things. Nothing has changed except they have provided huge sums of money to be invested in the team. Obviously Ferguson was the greatest manager of all time but his successors have had a much more favourable financial regimen to operate under and they've made a complete balls of it. None moreso than the incumbent.

There is no progress to be made without sacking Mourinho. It's over.

Martial is a headless chicken who attempts to beat all in front of him like a 9 year old every time he gets the ball and ends up losing the ball. He gets lucky with that approach once or twice a season.

I wouldn't actually have the gall to take money for Martial, young, Jones or Rojo - all of whom play regularly when fit. I would take humble enough money to shift McTomoney, Lindelof and Darmian and would keep Rashford and Lingard as squad players at a stretch. None of those 9 are good enough to be playing regularly for Manchester United - irrespective of Manager, wages, etc

David McKeown

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 09, 2018, 11:07:22 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 08, 2018, 12:03:29 PM
Just a few comments to catch up from when I was last on.

firstly - delighted with the fightback and win on Saturday. Huge credit to Martial who really lit the spark. Lucky not to concede a 3rd several times but glad of the win and a bit of throwing caution to the wind for once. They just decided to go for it....that's what Manchester United are supposed to do. No reaction from the manager to the first goal but subsequently realised it was a good PR opportunity and started acting like he gave a fcuk. Calling over his lieutenent Matic with instructions after the 3rd went in....it's all about you Jose.

I found Neville's comments a bit rich considering his backing of the Glazers previously at the height of the green and gold campaign. Seems he's a company man and of course his current employers want Jose to be kept - he keeps their newsreel full with his bullshit. Rio and Scholes were good after the game.

The Glazers are scum and Woodward is a donkey. However, they (Glazers) were there for several years when Alex Ferguson was there and still winning things. Nothing has changed except they have provided huge sums of money to be invested in the team. Obviously Ferguson was the greatest manager of all time but his successors have had a much more favourable financial regimen to operate under and they've made a complete balls of it. None moreso than the incumbent.

There is no progress to be made without sacking Mourinho. It's over.

Martial is a headless chicken who attempts to beat all in front of him like a 9 year old every time he gets the ball and ends up losing the ball. He gets lucky with that approach once or twice a season.

I wouldn't actually have the gall to take money for Martial, young, Jones or Rojo - all of whom play regularly when fit. I would take humble enough money to shift McTomoney, Lindelof and Darmian and would keep Rashford and Lingard as squad players at a stretch. None of those 9 are good enough to be playing regularly for Manchester United - irrespective of Manager, wages, etc

Strange I find Martial an exceptional finisher who regularly converts chances. Yes his defensive work is lacking but I think if he was played consistently through the middle he'd be superb. I also think Lindgard and McTominay are very good squad players
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Boycey

Josè should be sent to jail for this latest outrage. Swearing at a football match whatever next  :)

NAG1

Interesting to see what team he goes with tomorrow.

Not holding out much hope of a positive result if the form of the season so far continues.

snoopdog

Quote from: NAG1 on October 19, 2018, 09:34:23 AM
Interesting to see what team he goes with tomorrow.

Not holding out much hope of a positive result if the form of the season so far continues.
A point would be seen as a great result tomorrow. Holding hazard wont be too easy though. No point in starting with lukaku the guy has no brain.

Cunny Funt

Pogba all at sea on that corner for the Chelsea goal.

TabClear

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 20, 2018, 12:52:51 PM
Pogba all at sea on that corner for the Chelsea goal.

Even worse was his reaction trying to blame Lindelof for his own mistake. It's all about Paul

Cunny Funt

1-0 and no other chances Chelsea created in that half. Chelsea much quicker on the ball while the likes of Mata,Matic,Lindelof are so slow on the ball. Lukaku, unmarked 10 yards out headed well wide was the only chance United got i think.

Cunny Funt

1-1 against the run of play.

Cunny Funt

Amazingly United in front. 2nd goal for Martial

Cunny Funt

2-2 Chelsea goal in the 6th minute of injury time awful defending. Some lad on the bench from Chelsea lost the run of himself.

Boycey

Disappointed with that, really good 2nd half performance Chelsea huffed and puffed but never really threatened then undone by a ball that must have travelled 50 yards.

Mind you would have taken a point at ht  :)

snoopdog

Disappointing at end but i wouldve taken a draw at start.  Stamford bridge is a really tough ground for utd. Good performances by shaw mata and martial. Cwntral defence all over place at times. Lukaku  never gets substituted yet offered nothing again.  Chelsea fans showing their lack of class again towards a man that won 3 league titles for them.