No
37 (20.7%)
Not sure
16 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: July 31, 2018, 12:59:52 PM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: rrhf on July 28, 2018, 02:07:54 PM
Thank fcuk thats over.  Now best of luck to the organisers and supporters.  Hopefully it will be a great occasion.

+1000

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: rrhf on July 28, 2018, 02:07:54 PM
Thank fcuk thats over.  Now best of luck to the organisers and supporters.  Hopefully it will be a great occasion.
A wise man told me 8 years ago that following the fall of  the church and Fianna Fail, that unfortunately in the crossfire the GAA would come under pressure from an Ireland looking to throw off all its old clothes. 
The GAA has been the most positive social structure in Ireland, but liberalisation often targets all structures both good and bad.   
It is not the head office  GAA that controls stadia with an Iron fist and who are more interested in inter county than club,  but it is the GAA that improves, motivates and glues communities and gets plenty wrong. Unfortunately we are all called the GAA. 
Paul Kimmage - a great writer and a deep thinker... I enjoy his writing.  In fairness Paul doesnt have to think too deep when he attacks the GAA (and I have sensed crusade for a while now) he has smelt that it will be the next popular target.  Indeed I think plenty of us expected this would be the case and in many ways we can handle this. 
On another strand of argument recently put forward.., the GAA builds, owns and nurtures its facilities with traditionally the bare minimum of taxpayers money asked for - a flaw in their armoury as we are not scroungers or takers.  We are givers.  Many other sports often with professional basis or top tables took proportionately more from the taxpayer for their level of return to community.  The FAI need to be taken to task on the state of Irish soccor, whilst they promote a profession and not a sport at times.    The IRFU should have been taken to task for holding back the development of Rugby in Connaught. In the North, we look on in awe as we watch an orchestrated campaign prevent a GAA stadium being built in Belfast.  No such campaign  was orchestrated for Rugby or soccor.  In my understanding when you look over all the facts and you cut away the emotions of Casement, there is a concerted effort to prevent a tax payer funded stadium being built.  In the South you get to build it and then the begrudgery occurs.  I would take that..
I'm delighted there's f all rugby in Connacht.

Itchy

The whole debate as I've followed it tells me two things...

1- The gaa needs to allow it's county boards and clubs control their own grounds and let them do what they want bar allowing neo Nazi groups etc parade on them

2- The sense of entitlement from the soccer crowd is breath taking. They put a fund of 300k on place for player wages which less than half Delaneys wages. They think they pay tax so they should have access to anything they want. They really are a bunch of useless c***ts.

All that said I'm glad the game can go ahead in puc.

sid waddell

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 28, 2018, 10:33:32 AM

So SFA from u as well ... another windbag.
You need to stop projecting, mate.

You've made zero substantive contribution to the thread.

Quote from: Boycey on July 28, 2018, 11:33:34 AM
I think is was one of the 1st people to comment on this thread and have read it everyday since without further comment. I'm staggered by amount of people that have come on here and claimed to be GAA people but seem to hate the GAA with an absolute passion...

That's the exact same attitude taken by Trumpbots. "Any criticism of America is un-American." This isn't Fox News.

Did you utter the same opinions during the Newbridge controversy when the GAA was being rounded on, left, right and centre for its "disconnect" with the ordinary membership?

Quote from: trailer on July 28, 2018, 12:28:44 PM
A great result. The GAA proving to be the forward thinking organisation that it is.

Well done to all those 'dinosaurs' I would expect an apology from messers Duff and Kenny. Not to mention the other contributors on this thread who've constantly berated the GAA.

I wish the organisers the best of luck, and hope it is well supported and raises a lot of money for the hospice.
Why should there be any apology for anything?

Social media pressure filtering into the mainstream is why this game will take place at Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

This is actually an example of where social media can be a positive force for change, minor as it might be in the grand scheme of things.

The GAA have been embarrassed into staging it by accurate comments like Duff's. It certainly isn't happening because of attitudes like yours or that of others here who have sought to protect the GAA at all costs.

The bigger issue is that Rule 42 remains in place - that is very much a dinosaur rule and remains so.

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 28, 2018, 01:29:54 PM
There's a guy in our club who sits at the corner of the bar. He is a complete whinging f**ker, forever complaining about everything under the sun. If u deal a different game of poker "that's shite" even before u explain how it goes. If you put a song on "that's shite" no matter what song it might be ...ad nauseum about every single thing u could think about. And if u say well sure u put on a song he refuses  :D. Just like he puts zero effort into the club in any way shape or fashion...if somebody asked him to buy a lotto ticket he would sicken their hole whinging a million reasons why he wouldnt buy it.

Social media has given arseholes like this an unrestrained forum to spout their bile. In the bar we can tell the slabber to shut his big mouth as he is nothing but a whinging dose and he invariably ends up sitting on his own with noone near him. I suspect a lot of the posters on here spouting the loudest are just like him in real life, unfortunately it is nigh impossible to move away from them and not hear them on a board such as this.
Having read your comments on this thread, you'd certainly be one I'd want to avoid were I ever in the same bar as you.

You should probably have read back over what you wrote there before hitting "post", because if anybody comes across as an obnoxious loudmouth on this thread, it's definitely yourself.

Keyser soze

sid waddell

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 28, 2018, 03:21:59 PM
All mouth and no money like them other 2 A holes.
Did you read back over what you wrote?

Because it's the very definition of "all mouth".

All mouth but nothing to say.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 28, 2018, 03:21:59 PM
All mouth and no money like them other 2 A holes.
Thats rich. You have contributed nothing other than abusing people who disagree with you. Literally nobody seems to support the position and behaviour of Croke Oark here. You are contriving a row so you get to avoid commenting on the topic in hand.

Jinxy

John Horan said on RTE radio a minute ago that no money from the event will be going to any GAA causes such as an injured players fund.
More or less said, "We're well able to take care of our own players".
Also said the broader issue of using facilities for 'non-GAA' purposes will be on the clar for congress.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2018, 03:43:42 PM
John Horan said on RTE radio a minute ago that no money from the event will be going to any GAA causes such as an injured players fund.
More or less said, "We're well able to take care of our own players".
Also said the broader issue of using facilities for 'non-GAA' purposes will be on the clar for congress.
And it continues. Contradicting yesterdays press release. What is going on in Croker?

Jinxy

Where's the contradiction?
I didn't see the official statement.

Keyser soze

No u three guys are just like that dick in our club that sits whinging interminably but never contributes a red cent of his money or a second of his time.

All this faux outrage and high moral ground stance but not one of you even gave a single penny to the cause about which you were so rabidly spoofing. Hyprocrites of the highest order the lot of ye.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2018, 03:53:57 PM
Where's the contradiction?
I didn't see the official statement.
Yesterday the workaround was the players fund got 1/3 of the gate. Today they arent taking money. The president overuling his press office. Just when it was settling down

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 28, 2018, 03:55:37 PM
No u three guys are just like that dick in our club that sits whinging interminably but never contributes a red cent of his money or a second of his time.

All this faux outrage and high moral ground stance but not one of you even gave a single penny to the cause about which you were so rabidly spoofing. Hyprocrites of the highest order the lot of ye.

How would we donate? Tickets are all sold out. Even your lies are lies.

Gabriel_Hurl

I have to say congratulations are in order for keyser soze and trailer - on a thread with both Syferus and MR2 posting - you both have been proven to be bigger arseholes than the both of them. Some going - well done.

Jinxy

Well, what he said today was that the organising committee kindly offered to make a donation to some GAA related cause and the GAA politely declined.