The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 07, 2018, 12:04:01 AM
Quote from: Armamike on January 06, 2018, 11:36:31 PM
Interesting that the Everton guys on here want to dredge up all kinds of dirt rather than talk football on the match itself.  Not very classy. 
the match..thought we competed better than the league game and thought it was a much more even match. It was never a penalty for the 1st goal, in fact I thought it was a clear dive and will be interesting to see if the fa act, doubt it though. Disappointing to concede from a corner at the end, pickford was poor for that one. Thought we had done enough to get a replay, didnt happen for us though. Didnt think liverpool were the same threat without coutinho and salah.
Interesting that liverpool fans dont want to talk about what every other fan and media outlet is talking about from rhe match though. Hope there was no racial slur and it was all a misunderstanding but the silence from the 2 clubs says something has happened.

WTF are you talking about?

There was plenty of discussion on this thread about it if you go back a couple of pages. Given that there is no clear evidence either way in terms of video, what else is there to say, pending the investigation? If you have anything worthwhile to add, no one is stopping you.

J70

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 06, 2018, 09:50:40 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 06, 2018, 09:26:59 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on January 06, 2018, 08:53:30 PM
at least this might keep the racism off the back pages tomorrow guys, every cloud and all that.

You lot should report it. Yis could end up with another community award that delmontes so proud of
it's already in the hands of the FA, who are investigating. the silence and a lack of a statement of support for firminio from the club would indicate they know something was said. but as the saying goes 'liverpool fc offended by everything, ashamed of nothing'.

Or it could be that the club have learned a lesson from the way they made a complete mess of the Suarez-Evra row and have correctly told everyone to shut the f**k up in public.

Two Hands FFS

Rumours coming out about Clyne though not 100% sure what they are?  :-\

J70

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 07, 2018, 01:33:07 PM
Rumours coming out about Clyne though not 100% sure what they are?  :-\

According to a quick google search, the rumors are he was spotted doing coke OR failed an in-house drug test and won't play for the club again!

I guess we will find out if it's bulls hit or not later.

laoislad

Them rumors were going around months ago.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2018, 11:50:56 AM
Quote from: SHEEDY on January 06, 2018, 09:50:40 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 06, 2018, 09:26:59 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on January 06, 2018, 08:53:30 PM
at least this might keep the racism off the back pages tomorrow guys, every cloud and all that.

You lot should report it. Yis could end up with another community award that delmontes so proud of
it's already in the hands of the FA, who are investigating. the silence and a lack of a statement of support for firminio from the club would indicate they know something was said. but as the saying goes 'liverpool fc offended by everything, ashamed of nothing'.

Or it could be that the club have learned a lesson from the way they made a complete mess of the Suarez-Evra row and have correctly told everyone to shut the f**k up in public.

Exactly. Was thinking the same myself.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 07, 2018, 09:13:12 AM
If Firmino I'd found guilty of a racial comment he should get the appropriate censure. If he is found to have said no such thing then Holgate should be retrospectively dealt with for man handling a referee which is a red card offence. His push was a cheap and cowardly act which could have caused injury to firmino and symptomatic of the way Everton have now become under the Head Bouncer. Late tackles, pushes afterbthe ball, diving in two footed, all shit house fat Sam stuff. Will be enough to keep them mid table-ish. Good to see in my opinion.

And for what it's worth this is what has been widely reported as to what he said.

"CE TA LOUCO? CE TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA," which translates as: "Are you crazy? Are you crazy? Son of a bitch!"

And if there is nothing found against Firminho then Holgate should get some get of punishment surely for making such a strong  allegation?

That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Armamike on January 07, 2018, 02:09:21 PM
If Firmino I'd found guilty of a racial comment he should get the appropriate censure. If he is found to have said no such thing then Holgate should be retrospectively dealt with for man handling a referee which is a red card offence. His push was a cheap and cowardly act which could have caused injury to firmino and symptomatic of the way Everton have now become under the Head Bouncer. Late tackles, pushes afterbthe ball, diving in two footed, all shit house fat Sam stuff. Will be enough to keep them mid table-ish. Good to see in my opinion.

And for what it's worth this is what has been widely reported as to what he said.

"CE TA LOUCO? CE TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA," which translates as: "Are you crazy? Are you crazy? Son of a bitch!"

And if there is nothing found against Firminho then Holgate should get some get of punishment surely for making such a strong  allegation?

Would completely agree as should Fat Sam simply because I don't like him😂

SHEEDY

why should holgate get punished?? If there is nothing proven it doesn't mean it didnt happen, just not enough evidence to prosecute.
On your way of thinking how many people that are victims of racial abuse, assaults, rapes etc would even come forward. If the case collapses due to poor evidence they then get prosecuted. Strange.
nil satis nisi optimum

stew

The last bit is bullshit, if nothing is found that does not make him a liar, it simply means they cannot substantiate his claims, you cannot punish for for not being able to prove what he claims.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

Lack of proof doesn't discount something happening. Apply the same logic to a rape victim, or any other more serious crime. This sort of stuff is always under reported in the first place so it should be made easier and not harder to bring charges.

blewuporstuffed

If everything that was said is clearly visible on the video and none of it is what Holgate accuses Firmino off, then of course he should apologise.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on January 07, 2018, 01:51:31 PM
Them rumors were going around months ago.
They where, doesnt seem it a coincidence that clyne hasnt played since.

I wonder will he be sold in the window?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Exactly
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 08, 2018, 10:21:37 AM
If everything that was said is clearly visible on the video and none of it is what Holgate accuses Firmino off, then of course he should apologise.

Exactly...also there could be retrospective action on the push as that is a red card offence which seems to have been lost in all the furore. Bobby Madley doing he does best....washing his hands of responsibility

TabClear

Barcelona sporting director Jordi Mestre has revealed a drop in the cost of signing Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool was key to his arrival at Camp Nou, with the Anfield club keen to keep the price under wraps.
Coutinho was heavily linked with a move to Catalonia during the close-season but a transfer never materialised as Liverpool were steadfast in their determination not to sell the Brazil international.
But Mestre claims the Premier League side significantly reduced their asking price for the attacker, allowing a deal to be done for a reported €160million.
"The interest of the club has always been to sign Coutinho," Mestre told a news conference.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/liverpool-dropped-coutinho-asking-price-mestre#dr68G4uHdo0sBSVp.99

Lol.