Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

I was just looking at Ardboe results there - why did they not try this 'cheating' against Donaghmore or Derrylaughan when they were getting well beat? Or maybe horse rang Mickey at half time and asked him what he should do? Some of you lads have too much time in your hands coming up with conspiracy theories! God love youse!

redzone

It didn't happen against other teams because the opportunity didn't arise. If it did happen it was a spur of the moment of madness from one person, not preplanned. Bigtogs was at the game and I'm sure his version isn't wrong.

square_ball

I dunno it all sounds a bit far fetched to me with certain posters on this board happy to stick the boot into Gavin Devlin and/or ardboe.

sam03/05

They did the same thing against Coalisland a couple of years back & against Cookstown in a minor semi final that's three times in about 5 years - very dubious

square_ball

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 04, 2018, 10:37:45 AM
They did the same thing against Coalisland a couple of years back & against Cookstown in a minor semi final that's three times in about 5 years - very dubious

What? They got games abandoned when ambulances were called for injured players? Genuinely didn't know that.

DEL

It's cheating. Pure and simple. Disgraceful for a club to stoop so low. Not sure what county board can do. Will depend on referees report and if Ardboe left pitch without referee telling them. Honestly it's the lowest action I've heard off in a long long time.

outsideoftheboot

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 04, 2018, 10:37:45 AM

It happened last year was it against coalisland in ardboe start of the league? Genuienly couldn't see this being planned, seems too far fetched. I'm sure ardboe will try fulfil the replay later in the year when tyrone season is over so that they have M Cassidy and DD Mulgrew back playing. I suppose only fair when playing against galbally who lose no players anyway.

bigtogs

99% of the Ardboe players and management where gone within half an hour or less from the game was stopped.... i did not know at the time how bad the keeper was and still do not know but i would hazard a guess he is not too bad.... as a neutral it looked really bad when the game  was stopped the way Gavin conducted himself....only my opinion... it also is off my opinion Ardboe should not be playing Galbally in a starred game.... Galbally will be sick as they had the game won Ardboe where never going to come back from 11 points down...

The Golden Years

I remember Kildress pulling a similar stunt against us in a league semi final back on '06 (I think it was '06)).The player who the ambulance had to come for was out partying in the glenavon that night. That game had to be replayed with Kildress getting a bigger tanking than they were getting the first day.

WT4E

Quote from: The Golden Years on July 04, 2018, 03:07:24 PM
I remember Kildress pulling a similar stunt against us in a league semi final back on '06 (I think it was '06)).The player who the ambulance had to come for was out partying in the glenavon that night. That game had to be replayed with Kildress getting a bigger tanking than they were getting the first day.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!  ::)

The Golden Years

Quote from: WT4E on July 04, 2018, 03:40:05 PM

I think you will find this story is fact!!

WT4E

Quote from: The Golden Years on July 04, 2018, 06:33:12 PM

I'll give you the non carmen propaganda version then. The game played in November was a pretty a close affair not much in it (Carmen leading I believe) and then two players got involved with each other Kildress man hit the deck and a well known hot headed Carmen player who had been involved in many an aggressive incident kicked the player in the head knocking him out cold. Ambulance was called both teams where still on the pitch with a chance for victory but the referee called it off due to fading light. Are you insinuating that the Kildress players ran to the dressing room like Ardboe and went home without the ref say so???

Rumours circulated (probably from Genas or the Corner i'd imagine) that the Kildress player was out that night was bullshit.

The only part of your story which is true is you beat Kildress easily the next day - which went very badly for us in terms of performance and injuries.

ANYWAY Bring me back to the days when we had a rivalry with Carmen!!!! :)

redzone

Kildress and Carmen were rivals, you learn something knew every day. Must be soon time for ardboe to give omagh their annual punishment beating

The Golden Years

Quote from: WT4E on July 04, 2018, 08:45:25 PM

I'll give you the non carmen propaganda version then. The game played in November was a pretty a close affair not much in it (Carmen leading I believe) and then two players got involved with each other Kildress man hit the deck and a well known hot headed Carmen player who had been involved in many an aggressive incident kicked the player in the head knocking him out cold. Ambulance was called both teams where still on the pitch with a chance for victory but the referee called it off due to fading light. Are you insinuating that the Kildress players ran to the dressing room like Ardboe and went home without the ref say so???

Rumours circulated (probably from Genas or the Corner i'd imagine) that the Kildress player was out that night was bullshit.

The only part of your story which is true is you beat Kildress easily the next day - which went very badly for us in terms of performance and injuries.

[/quote

The same player who was 'knocked out' while holding his leg was back playing the following week.  We were winning quite comfortably that day. I remember it clearly as I was on the field of play.

WT4E

Quote from: The Golden Years on July 04, 2018, 10:35:18 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 04, 2018, 08:45:25 PM

The same player who was 'knocked out' while holding his leg was back playing the following week.  We were winning quite comfortably that day. I remember it clearly as I was on the field of play.

I remember it clearly myself but just so I understand correctly your saying Kildress had a player get GC to injure him, call an ambulance and hope the ref would call the game off so we could get a replay? hhhmmmmm i'm not buying it!

And Redzone i'm not saying we had a rivalry in terms of a Carmen v Errigal in 90's or others all I was saying is that was a period (mid noughties) for our team where we where competing with the top teams in Tyrone and enjoyed alot of good battles with our neighbours (even though they had the better of us it was still good games). And now we arent as good and would love to try and get back there.