The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on August 17, 2023, 03:23:47 PM
Ger Slevin over the minors (believe he was with them all the way up) and Kieran Kelly ove the u20s.

What other names linked with the senior job?

This is on the Official Laois page re U-20s and Minor teams for 2023

U20 Football: Kieran Kelly (Manager); Brian McCormack, Kieran Delaney, Billy Delaney (Selector / Coach);

Minor Football: Gerard Slevin (Manager); Adrian Slevin, Brian O'Sullivan, John Connolly, Mick Lenihan (Selectors); Donal Brennan (Coach); Fergal Byron (Goalkeeper Coach);

The process for the selection to fill the open positions of Minor Hurling Manager and Senior Football Manager is currently ongoing where an update will be provided in the coming weeks.

CLG Laois would like to thank all management teams for their work in 2023.

Further details will be provided on all management teams for the coming season via laoisgaa.ie after September County Committee.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Spiritof86

Quote from: Batman!!! on August 16, 2023, 10:53:18 PM
Quote from: Spiritof86 on August 15, 2023, 02:21:21 PM
Martin Murphy in the running for Laois job .

Not true

Was invited for interview but seemingly turned the offer down .

Hospital Pass

That's my worry with him. Would he really leave a chance at another 20 all ireland to manage laois in division 4. Be great to get him I think. An outside face may be what we need. A fresh outlook

I hear Ger Brennan has put his hat in the ring for it too.

If we are going inside from the names mentioned I'd like Kearns. Been around a good set up before with sugrue and has done some good things at club level.

Congrats to the minor and 20 management's. Both look like good appointments with strong backroom teams.

Quote from: Spiritof86 on August 22, 2023, 08:49:05 AM
Flanagan is an interesting one . More than decent record with Kildare u-20s . re. In his three years in charge, Kildare U20s took home two Leinster Championships, as well as reaching two All-Ireland finals and winning one . Not sure what would entice him to been part of a long term Laois project though .

Spiritof86

Kieran Kelly a very good appointment with the U20s . A future inter-county manager imo .

The PRO

Still no county senior football manager named. Whoever it's going to be should be in place by now and watching the remainder of the championships. There's no substitute for seeing lads in the heat of championship action for their own clubs.

Spiritof86

Appointment expected by end of week apparently.

Laois man

BallyroanAbu

Is it not Ger Brennan, Denis Bastick, Cotter and Ross ?

Spiritof86

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 20, 2023, 09:01:52 PMIs it not Ger Brennan, Denis Bastick, Cotter and Ross ?

Looks that way alright .

Saint88

Laois man

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Laois man on September 21, 2023, 06:32:51 PMCotter that is over the Heath?
Yep

To be honest I don't know about this management, personally feel it's hard to be worse than the last one.

SCFC

Quote from: Spiritof86 on September 19, 2023, 11:02:50 AMAppointment expected by end of week apparently.
Don't think so. Interviews only completed on Friday and at least three being brought back for a second interview next week. We'll have someone by Christmas! :)

Chrimtain

Why do chancers provide the precise make up of the senior football management team when interviews are still ongoing?

The PRO

Ger Brennan strongly linked with the Louth vacancy too.
We'll probably wind up with Luke Dempsey!