Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGONE

Would that mean Cookstown, Kilesshil, Drumragh all remain in Div3 and not get their chance of promotion? Harsh!  Kildress should be promoted regardless.

Eire90

will there be no provincial and all ireland club championships

WT4E

Quote from: BIGONE on November 30, 2020, 03:38:59 PM
Would that mean Cookstown, Kilesshil, Drumragh all remain in Div3 and not get their chance of promotion? Harsh!  Kildress should be promoted regardless.

There is a really easy way for Kildress to ensure promotion but it hasn't been invoked - I don't know why therefore its still possible for us to be playing junior football next year. Madness!

GetOverTheBar

Kildress will be promoted. There is no way the CB will not allow them to play D2 next year. They will do the right thing. But one of Cookstown/Kileeshal etc might be a bit upset.

Jimbop

Potentially 2 months until club season starts. Would be nice to know pretty soon. Normally clubs have 3 months pre-season. Also dont see any reason for a shortened season!? If this is how its going to be going forward then fit the games in. If you gave club Feb - June (21 weeks) that should be enough time to get 15 league games plus playoffs and 4 championship rounds.

In saying that i dont see why the clubs should go first. Much more participation at club level and therefore more risk of covid spreading. I think it should be second half of year this year anyway.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Jimbop on November 30, 2020, 05:01:21 PM
Potentially 2 months until club season starts. Would be nice to know pretty soon. Normally clubs have 3 months pre-season. Also dont see any reason for a shortened season!? If this is how its going to be going forward then fit the games in. If you gave club Feb - June (21 weeks) that should be enough time to get 15 league games plus playoffs and 4 championship rounds.

In saying that i dont see why the clubs should go first. Much more participation at club level and therefore more risk of covid spreading. I think it should be second half of year this year anyway.

With Vaccine news, more chance of ticket sales for the IC game later in year.

PMG1

Quote from: sam03/05 on November 30, 2020, 03:36:24 PM
Looks like it's club season
Feb- May
Inter county - June - Sept/Oct

Reduced fixtures at both club and county level
County would have 4 League games - then championship

Makes sense - as they need the revenue & more likely to be crowds back in by Summer
Absolute disgrace if this goes ahead, county season needs to be played first and clubs can go ahead at same time with starred games, club season needs to be 7-8 months long at least to keep the interest. In addition how about club revenue from gate receipts, if playing behind closed doors then it will be an absolute disaster. What is a player going to do from the end of June until next February, that's potentially 8 months with no football for 98% of players, the soccer clubs will be running their hands. I sincerely hope that if this gets the go ahead that clubs will get together straight away with the CPA to get it overturned.

Goals_Will_Come

Would be nice to see the club season run without interruptions from start to finish. League all played and then the championship. Playing from March through to June/July would be more welcome than finishing a season in November. Think this has potential.

inowbest

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on November 30, 2020, 06:44:39 PM
Would be nice to see the club season run without interruptions from start to finish. League all played and then the championship. Playing from March through to June/July would be more welcome than finishing a season in November. Think this has potential.

So do we just do away with the provincial and all Ireland club competitions? The competitions which give the Vast majority of players their only chance of playing that level? And do you think that counties will allow clubs uninterrupted access to their players if the county season starting after? If the club season goes 1st it will be a disaster and will cause a serious split in the organisation.

sam03/05

Starred  games and two seasons at the same time simply does not work.
It's all about money I'm afraid. The GAA needed a 19mEuro government bail out to play this year,
They must have crowds through the gate at inter county level next summer or else a lot of people will lose their jobs. So it's ok saying County must go first and clubs should be better treated, but they need the income. Anyway a seperate season for club players Feb- May/June would be great - they would have the summer to go on holiday etc.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: inowbest on November 30, 2020, 06:50:53 PM

So do we just do away with the provincial and all Ireland club competitions? The competitions which give the Vast majority of players their only chance of playing that level? And do you think that counties will allow clubs uninterrupted access to their players if the county season starting after? If the club season goes 1st it will be a disaster and will cause a serious split in the organisation.
Think you are over reacting a bit there to say it will be a disaster and split the organisation. We've been crying for years to get a regular run of fixtures for club players and a league finished before the winter and leagues finished before the championship and so on. This split season with club starting at the end of Feb allows for those things to happen. No starred games, no 6 week barren no fixture spells, you get a Spring league and summer championship.
Things like provincial club need addressed and I'm sure they will be, this in my opinion anyway is good news for the club scene.

Club boi

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on November 30, 2020, 09:49:35 PM

Think you are over reacting a bit there to say it will be a disaster and split the organisation. We've been crying for years to get a regular run of fixtures for club players and a league finished before the winter and leagues finished before the championship and so on. This split season with club starting at the end of Feb allows for those things to happen. No starred games, no 6 week barren no fixture spells, you get a Spring league and summer championship.
Things like provincial club need addressed and I'm sure they will be, this in my opinion anyway is good news for the club scene.

Totally agree here 100%
For years we have been demanding a split season, at least club players can now plan a life outside of football instead of dragging it from starting pre season in Feb and ending in November with mutiple hot summer weekends twiddling their thumbs

I dont see how you think Club season going 1st will be a disaster. Why?? It should be 98% of the playing majority going 1st.
The county scene can play Autumn / Winter nights as they have the facilities available. And look at the joy expressed by many that a hi profile GAA game in these dark evenings is a joy and brightens up the long days

Yes provincial club needs addressed, but is it not better to plan for some club football and wait a year or 2 on this. Im sure it will come back in time

All of this is obviously Covid dependant

GlenMan

Quote from: Club boi on December 01, 2020, 07:54:13 AM

Totally agree here 100%
For years we have been demanding a split season, at least club players can now plan a life outside of football instead of dragging it from starting pre season in Feb and ending in November with mutiple hot summer weekends twiddling their thumbs

I dont see how you think Club season going 1st will be a disaster. Why?? It should be 98% of the playing majority going 1st.
The county scene can play Autumn / Winter nights as they have the facilities available. And look at the joy expressed by many that a hi profile GAA game in these dark evenings is a joy and brightens up the long days

Yes provincial club needs addressed, but is it not better to plan for some club football and wait a year or 2 on this. Im sure it will come back in time

Club going first means that the season for 99% of Players will be over by July.

I agree with the split season however County should be first followed by Club. That allows Club leagues to run (without County players) in the first half of the year and then a free run at the Championship in the second half.

square_ball

Would clubs play without county players?

I think as a (former) player I'd prefer the club first then county. Get everything cleared up by July and players can enjoy a clear couple of months break.

inowbest

Quote from: GlenMan on December 01, 2020, 08:45:48 AM
Quote from: Club boi on December 01, 2020, 07:54:13 AM

Totally agree here 100%

Club going first means that the season for 99% of Players will be over by July.

I agree with the split season however County should be first followed by Club. That allows Club leagues to run (without County players) in the first half of the year and then a free run at the Championship in the second half.

So people looking clubs to go first, start Feb - June? So have 98% of the GAA playing population out training in Nov/ Dec preparing for their leagues that start in the crap weather in Feb/ March? How many games would be called off due to unplayable pitches? How many challenge games or proper trainings could teams get in before their leagues start? Then if inter county is starting in July, do you think county managers aren't going to be taking players for training from April/ May time. We saw it in Armagh this year, players playing three league games with their clubs then being taken away to the county.

Would it not be better having the 5% of the playing population out training in their county centres in Nov/ Dec, playing the League in Jan/ Feb and when they are out of the championship players are returning to their clubs, who have started to train without their county men. Would mean a great break for club players over the winter months and returning to training round March or April.

I just cant understand how anyone seeing the club going first is a good thing? Because of holidays? Is that the reason?