Doping - don't trust anybody

Started by Denn Forever, July 15, 2013, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Massive uproar about Radcliffe and her bbc interview.saying the four year investigation was a reaction to the Coleman saga even though it started first lol.

Serious questions about her now.

screenexile

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 02, 2019, 08:31:07 AM
Massive uproar about Radcliffe and her bbc interview.saying the four year investigation was a reaction to the Coleman saga even though it started first lol.

Serious questions about her now.

One of the worst interviews I've ever seen... what was she at??!!! She should have condemned the shit out of him and fended for herself and there may have been a few people who still believed she was clean but that was a car crash!!

MacKenna all over it too one of the scant few things he is actually right about.

imtommygunn

I can't stand him but yeah she really has let herself down. Sounds like don't bite the hand that feeds you and the questionable morals now would make you question what morals she had when she broke those world records!

GetOverTheBar

Lads if we are being honest, the only reason athletics is in the shit with regards to doping is because the money involved is a lot less than the stellar sports and as a result, the doping techniques aren't at a higher level, i.e. people still being caught for stimulants they shouldn't be - testosterone creams (assuming Nike Oregon project is clean...)

Professional Football / Rugby / NFL / AFL / Boxing.....there is just so much more money there it makes it virtually impossible to think that they are clean IMO.

AZOffaly

NFL is absolutely not clean. No doubt at all. At any one time several lads would be serving games suspensions for PEDs.

imtommygunn

There would be a lot of speculation rugby is rife with it too.

I think athletics has more stringent testing - reading various things over the years I think methods can be advanced enough.

Athletics lends itself more to improvement from performance enhancing drugs than other sports. Whether that means it is any more rife I don't know. I doubt we will ever know to be honest.

Capt Pat

Nobody ever gets caught for PEDs in the premier league. All that money and nobody is cheating. I for one don't beleive it.

Russia was banned from the olympics for being cheats yet they were out performed at the 2012 olympics by the uk 29 gold medals to 19. Surely if they had a successful state sponsored ped programme they would have been out performing the UK not the other way round. It doesn't make sense. In 1996 the UK got one gold medal. That is some turn around from one to nearly 30 in 16 years.

imtommygunn

The Russia banning thing to me stinks. It is a political thing by Coe. Ethiopia or China have grounds for banning too if Russia have.

The uk teams to me stink. Salazar in the athletics, cyclists like wiggins with big question mark. Cult figures like farah and Radcliffe up to their neck in it and even the likes of cram coming across like an apologist.

I saw a good interview with Jenny Simpson. She raised the point of why any clean athlete would associate with Salazar knowing what everyone knows. So she basically trusts none of them. I would agree. Hassan has to have massive question marks over her now.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 02, 2019, 11:56:03 PM
Nobody ever gets caught for PEDs in the premier league. All that money and nobody is cheating. I for one don't beleive it.

Russia was banned from the olympics for being cheats yet they were out performed at the 2012 olympics by the uk 29 gold medals to 19. Surely if they had a successful state sponsored ped programme they would have been out performing the UK not the other way round. It doesn't make sense. In 1996 the UK got one gold medal. That is some turn around from one to nearly 30 in 16 years.

Think you would have to be highly naive to suspect professional football is clean, as you say there is just too much money involved. The substances they are likely on, to the layman probably 'don't exist'. Your kinda hoping your team isn't involved when the deck of cards comes crumbling down.

Barcelona were long linked with the now disgraced Dr Fuentes in Spain during their golden era, there was talk the Barca / Real teams blood samples etc were in that evidence. A judge I believe ordered them destroyed as doping wasn't against the law in Spain at the time. Open to correction here but I think that recently some athletes from this same batches of blood have been identified but they are not allowed to be named.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 02, 2019, 10:33:24 AM

I think athletics has more stringent testing - reading various things over the years I think methods can be advanced enough.

Athletics lends itself more to improvement from performance enhancing drugs than other sports. Whether that means it is any more rife I don't know. I doubt we will ever know to be honest.

Apparently they don't test for Human Growth Hormone in rugby, not sure about football. I heard directly from a former rugby player that using HGH is big in rugby. Helps massively with recovery from injuries. Also gives you huge abdominal muscles and an oval belly button because of where they inject it. Have a look at the South Africa team before they left for the world cup. Of course some of those guys are just specimens and have great genes and haven't done anything wrong

imtommygunn

I remember the documentary on the 88 100 metre final where they had nearly on been on hgh where it was a known side effect that people on it would need braces and nearly everyone from the race was interviewed and had braces lol.

Didn't know that about rugby.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on October 03, 2019, 11:15:49 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 02, 2019, 10:33:24 AM

Apparently they don't test for Human Growth Hormone in rugby, not sure about football. I heard directly from a former rugby player that using HGH is big in rugby. Helps massively with recovery from injuries. Also gives you huge abdominal muscles and an oval belly button because of where they inject it. Have a look at the South Africa team before they left for the world cup. Of course some of those guys are just specimens and have great genes and haven't done anything wrong

HGH occurs naturally in the body, as a result its hard to say what is natural in someone or not. The biological passports that they have in athletics would go someway to sorting that....but I don't think there is a hunger for it in rugby.....probably for good reason. HGH is also quite pesky in so much that it leaves the body fairly quickly after injection.

The huge abdominal muscles etc....by product of training, these lads are animals as it is. Oval belly button....myth.

gallsman

imtommygunn

Lol. Well people who didn't doubt her are really beginning to question her. There have always been questions obviously....