Doping - don't trust anybody

Started by Denn Forever, July 15, 2013, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dferg

I'd say if the Russians have access to a file of American athletes and who is taking what they may well keep a few names and unusual test results back.  I see your [barely known Russian shot putter] and raise you ... that could get interesting.

The Williams sisters being named already looks like tit for tat for Maria Sharapova getting the finger pointed at.

ONeill

I'd be devastated if Johnny Logan or Dennis Taylor were wiped the the eyeballs during their pomp in the 80s.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

prednisone , I think thats what the doctor gives me for a bad chest infection,

The Stallion

Lol at all those morons on here who assured us Froome was clean.

AZOffaly

If he's on a TUE then he is 'clean'.

gallsman

imtommygunn

It's always on the increase. It almost seems like a doctor's note when you're at school or something. Could they not have an independent doctor, or set of doctors, who they trust to verify these things?

i.e. your doctor says you need a TUE then you need our doctor to ok it otherwise you're not allowed?

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 15, 2016, 11:46:59 AM
It's always on the increase. It almost seems like a doctor's note when you're at school or something. Could they not have an independent doctor, or set of doctors, who they trust to verify these things?

i.e. your doctor says you need a TUE then you need our doctor to ok it otherwise you're not allowed?

The argument in tennis is that that's exactly how it is. Three man board reviews a TUE request.

Hound

Absolutely no reason why TUEs should be kept secret.

In professional sports, any exemptions given to athletes to take banned substance should be made public, so competitiors, media and spectators are aware. Transparency is what is required. And it will leave said athlete with more answering to do.

If a professional athlete wants to keep a condition a secret, then use a treatment that is not on the banned list.

thebigfella

Quote from: gallsman on September 15, 2016, 11:44:37 AM
Quote from: doodaa on September 15, 2016, 10:15:18 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on September 15, 2016, 08:34:46 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-37369705

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2016/09/15/sir-bradley-wiggins-and-chris-froome-given-drugs-exemption-new-d/

Salbutamol for Wiggo, Prednisolone for Froome

Salbutamol is what's in my preventative inhaler.

Yes, it's remarkable how many elite athletes in endurance sports are asthmatic, isn't it?

Not really, I suffer from exercise induced asthma and it's quite common. I only developed it or only came to light in my early 20's when I started a lot more endurance training or exercise. Froome and Wiggins is no secret to be fair.

gallsman

Quote from: thebigfella on September 15, 2016, 12:58:41 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 15, 2016, 11:44:37 AM
Quote from: doodaa on September 15, 2016, 10:15:18 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on September 15, 2016, 08:34:46 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-37369705

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2016/09/15/sir-bradley-wiggins-and-chris-froome-given-drugs-exemption-new-d/

Salbutamol for Wiggo, Prednisolone for Froome

Salbutamol is what's in my preventative inhaler.

Yes, it's remarkable how many elite athletes in endurance sports are asthmatic, isn't it?

Not really, I suffer from exercise induced asthma and it's quite common. I only developed it or only came to light in my early 20's when I started a lot more endurance training or exercise. Froome and Wiggins is no secret to be fair.

I hear lots of elite athletes only begin training in their 20s.

stew

There have long been rumours of drug use in tennis, Nadal is said to be on the juice as has the Williams sisters, they are rampant everywhere because the money is so big and if you are not juicing it is nearly impossible to compete with the top men, especially in cycling.

It is time to let them take whatever they want to even the playing field, I am at the point were I trust no top sportsman or woman, that's ok because they don't give a shite about my or anyone else's opinions, right up until the point they get caught.

One last thing, I hope the Russians get hacked as well, Putin is bitch slapping Obama around the place and I would love to see him get slapped around for a while, a deplorable bastard is Vlad!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.