Doping - don't trust anybody

Started by Denn Forever, July 15, 2013, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Ah yeah let her in she'll be grand  ;D ;D

Dinny Breen

She can handle my pole vault any day  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Klishina is a) a long jumper and b) exempt from the ban as she's been allowed to compete as a neutral due to all her training being based in the states. She's done nothing for years though so any hint of a medal would likely mean she should have been banned with the rest of them.

muppet

Quote from: Minder on August 02, 2016, 04:43:39 PM
Pretty informative article about the case

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/more-questions-than-answers-in-armitstead-case/

"Armitstead said that her phone was on silent and that hotel staff had refused to give the tester her room number."

In my experience it is normal for a hotel NOT to give out the room number of a guest. However, it would be normal for the hotel to either phone the guest or put the visitor straight through to the room (without giving the room number). If this happened, why did she not answer?
MWWSI 2017

red hander

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 02, 2016, 01:48:28 PM
I was reading about this this morning. Imagine she was russian. Double standards. Same happened with golden girl Ohuruogu - all swept under the carpet.

Exactly. Would sicken your hole watching Sky Sports. They had your woman Chennui whose accent would strip wallpaper reporting on it, but the whole angle was how the plucky Brit wouldn't let all the furore affect her performance and she'd be ready to go ... absolutely f**k all about the meat and bones of the issue. Now, if it was a Russian... hypocritical Brit f**kers  >:(

nrico2006

Quote from: red hander on August 02, 2016, 05:55:32 PM
I was reading about this this morning. Imagine she was russian. Double standards. Same happened with golden girl Ohuruogu - all swept under the carpet.

Exactly. Would sicken your hole watching Sky Sports. They had your woman Chennui whose accent would strip wallpaper reporting on it, but the whole angle was how the plucky Brit wouldn't let all the furore affect her performance and she'd be ready to go ... absolutely f**k all about the meat and bones of the issue. Now, if it was a Russian... hypocritical Brit f**kers  >:(

I was thinking the same at the weekend, that dolls accent is fierce.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Asal Mor

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 02, 2016, 02:57:59 PM
Did anyone hear Jimmy Magee's interview on the last word last week? Hilarious.

Balls.ie summarise it here quite well, although it's hard to beat listening to it and the silence that followed every time he spoke.

Also worth checking out Ewan McKenna's tweets after the show at the end.

http://www.balls.ie/uncategorized/utterly-bonkers-jimmy-magee-doping-messi-michelle-smith-odd-debate/341112
;D Hilarious from Jimmy alright.

Mckenna doesn't come off great there though. Says nothing on air and then rips Jimmy apart on Twitter to show how "right on" he is. The actions of a pr!ck I would say.

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 03, 2016, 08:21:37 AM

f**king Tyronies can do nothing but give out about Derry wans!!!

Fine Screen woman she is doing a good job!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on August 03, 2016, 09:50:56 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 03, 2016, 08:21:37 AM

f**king Tyronies can do nothing but give out about Derry wans!!!

Fine Screen woman she is doing a good job!
I know - the irony of  a Strabanian mocking someone's accent!

JimStynes

imtommygunn

That can only be a good thing I think. Russia have a lot to answer for but they are far from alone and no matter what Coe says it stinks to me of nothing more than politics.

Hound

So Biles is taking drugs to control her ADD...

Have they said what ailments the Williams sisters have for which they received their TUE?

johnneycool

Quote from: Hound on September 14, 2016, 12:37:39 PM
So Biles is taking drugs to control her ADD...

Have they said what ailments the Williams sisters have for which they received their TUE?

Nothing to see here, move along;

Dextroamphetamine (American English) or dexamfetamine (Commonwealth English)[note 1] is a potent central nervous system (CNS) stimulant and amphetamine enantiomer that is prescribed for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy.[13][14] It is also used as an athletic performance and cognitive enhancer, and recreationally as an aphrodisiac and euphoriant. Dextroamphetamine is also widely used by military air forces as a 'go-pill' during fatigue-inducing mission profiles such as night-time bombing missions. Preparations containing dextroamphetamine were also used in World War II as a treatment against fatigue.