Coming to Australia?

Started by Aerlik, December 25, 2011, 02:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Puckoon on February 13, 2013, 03:52:54 PM
Some embarrassment.

Dead right. I didn't see one decent punch thrown.

ziggysego

Their parents should be shown this and then have them dragged home.  >:(
Testing Accessibility

tommysmith

Quote from: ziggysego on February 13, 2013, 03:56:36 PM
Their parents should be shown this and then have them dragged home.  >:(

I'd prefer if they stayed over there.

muppet

Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 12, 2013, 07:43:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 12, 2013, 04:32:01 PM
Quote from: Aerlik on February 12, 2013, 01:04:27 PM
And STILL some f**king galloots don't get it....

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/12/wexford-man-remains-critical-after-perth-stabbing/23308

This is quite close to where I live.  Too close to be honest.  And on a lesser note...

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/12/irishman-fined-for-assault-on-perth-cabbie/23323

I don't give two flying fcuks if they are someone's mate or whatever and that I shouldn't be putting this up (as someone PM'd me and wrote), there are some right scumbags (male and female) coming over here and being total arseholes.

Why don't they just deport these wasters?

Deportation from Oz to Ireland? The wheel coming full circle indeed.

I never said I wanted them back here.
MWWSI 2017

tyssam5

Quote from: Aerlik on February 12, 2013, 01:04:27 PM
And STILL some f**king galloots don't get it....

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/12/wexford-man-remains-critical-after-perth-stabbing/23308

This is quite close to where I live.  Too close to be honest.  And on a lesser note...

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2013/02/12/irishman-fined-for-assault-on-perth-cabbie/23323

I don't give two flying fcuks if they are someone's mate or whatever and that I shouldn't be putting this up (as someone PM'd me and wrote), there are some right scumbags (male and female) coming over here and being total arseholes.

$1000 fine for battering a cabbie is pretty weak sentencing.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Eamonnca1

When I was young and had no sense I went to Mallorca for a fortnight. Went to Magalluf with a couple of lads. Place was full of English, Scottish, all full drunk and partying to 5am and you'd think it was a recipe for fighting. I don't think I ever saw anything out of control on the street or even in the clubs.  The place was crawling with cops and the holiday reps made it very clear that if you step out of line you're in big trouble. Stay on the footpath, no drinking on the street, no indecent exposure (tits out on the beach or by the pool was OK), no roaring or singing outside after dark.  With so many cops visible, even if they were doing nothing, the sight of them alone was a subtle reminder that people need to behave. Hotels were full of security staff patrolling the corridors too. Seemed to work.

There was one night when me and a mate ended up in a hotel room with a pair of girls, and one of them was so hyper I don't know what she was on.  She thought it'd be fun to open up the hotel room door and throw a bottle out so it landed right in front of a security guard that was walking along. He burst in through the door and pushed her down on to the bed, pulled out a leather strap and bate the crap out of her, whacked her in the leg about six times while roaring at her in Spanish. All of us froze, she started crying and he hit her again.  Next thing she gets up and runs out, the security boy takes after her and gets onto the radio for backup.  Me and my mate made a discreet exit, I dunno what became of the girl.  I'd be surprised if she wasn't arrested. 

There was one other story of some girls that thought it'd be fun to break into somebody else's hotel room, they were caught in the act and kicked out of the hotel.  No other hotel in town would put them up and they had to get on the next plane home.  Proper order.

What struck me about that Perth "fight" video was how long it took a cop to show up.  If you carried on like that in Times Square there'd be cops on top of you in seconds and it wouldn't have a chance to escalate.  It was the same in Manchester, people on the street always behaved themselves because the cop presence was so visible.  Police Transit vans everywhere as long as there were drunken people on the street.  A long way from Lurgan where you never see a cop outside after dark and the street turns into the wild west after midnight.

Aerlik

Fair point EammonCa1 re. where the police were.  The "cafĂ©" where this took place in front on, is in on one of the two busiest streets (usually) in Northbridge.  Judging by the lack of pedestrians, lack of traffic and lack of cops it would appear to me that it happened about 3am.    Just around the corner from this place are some total dives so there is every chance the cops were dealing with drug-fcuked scum there.  Northbridge is full of cops on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and the joint across the road always has bingles happening.

There are numerous cameras trained on that place/street too, so my only suggestion is that there were other issues.

No matter what the reason, the tramps are destroying our name (and I use that word deliberately cos it IS affecting those of us who have lived here for years and get to hear of this behaviour from other nationalities).

Yep, the cliché of the "fightin' Irish" to the fore...just add alcohol.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Canalman

A fair  time ago since I was in Australia but even then there were plenty of Irish glassing people, fighting in bars/ fighting bouncers, drunk in public etc etc. There were some right Irish lowlifes there even then and I presume it is the sheer volume of numbers now  that is causing the lace curtin Irish some embarassment with their  suburban neighbours.

The Aussies themselves liked the "blue" (as they call it)  as well so I wouldn't be beating myself up  (pun intended) too much about it.

Even when I was there the older Irish were whinging that the younger Irish were lazy, slackers etc.

Canalman

Forgot to add that I found the Aussies very sound . A big no no for them ( and rightly so) was lads coming into work hungover or even worse the taking of "sickies" on the monday morning.

Would be more worried about some of the workshy slackers gone down under recently and the longterm damage done to the Irish reputation  as good workers/ employees.  Once lost it will never come back.

When I was there  the Irish girls/ women were really good workers and were nearly always getting sponsored to stay.

Aerlik

Regretfully, the young Irish man passed away a few days ago.  Police are looking to upgrade the charges for the other person to murder. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

thejuice

Been on the road for the last few months. Arriving to Sydney tomorrow and we need a place to stay for 3 nights. Myself and the fiancee. Any cheap and handy places anyone could recommend. Have a tent so camping is an option for us.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016