Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Localexpert on September 24, 2018, 10:25:26 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 24, 2018, 10:13:42 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on September 24, 2018, 01:00:23 AM
Quote from: the blues on September 24, 2018, 12:15:31 AM
Quote from: on the sideline on September 23, 2018, 11:37:58 PM
Who was the Coalisland Maor Foirne? An absolute p***k.
This guy. I dont know what hes talking about? You would have to act the candyman with the way hurson reffed it.

GAA needs to look at second half injury time rules.

9 minutes 30 seconds played in the second half wind assisted. With 0 real stoppages.

1 minute played in the 1st when dromore against the wind and ward taking somewhere between 40-50 seconds a kick out + oneills injury.

Simple rule change. 2nd half substitution are 15 seconds for injury instead of the 30 theyre adding.

Considering teams sub at the same time.

Why would there be different rules for each half?

Hurson added on more time because Coalisland kept kicking the ball away for frees and kickouts once they went ahead.

Superb Fianna tactic in recent years this.

Lads we went in front with a minute to go in injury time and he gave them an extra 2 minutes to bring the half time to 39 minutes.  Did the fianna lads kick the ball away for a full minute?

Personally I had no ties to the game yesturday, didn't bother me Coalisland doing that but I've seen them at it before - then again, I was also surprised they even allowed the ball to be worked down for McMenamin miss firstly, then Ruiri Sluddens after - I had expected a hauling and pulling match before Dromore got to the scoring zone.

skeog

Believe a few managerial resignations after the weekend.Not easy being a manager.

The Bearded One

I don't believe stepping away straight after the emotion of a championship defeat is wise, let things sit for a week or so and then make that call.
It is what it is. Presumably.

GetOverTheBar

Under Lights

Quote from: skeog on September 25, 2018, 09:41:55 AM
Believe a few managerial resignations after the weekend.Not easy being a manager.

Names?

Mark Harte will be available soon too by looks of it.

square_ball

Quote from: Under Lights on September 25, 2018, 10:12:39 AM
Quote from: skeog on September 25, 2018, 09:41:55 AM

Names?

Mark Harte will be available soon too by looks of it.

He'd only be available to division 2 teams in Tyrone who have no ambitions of promotion as he can't manage against his own club. And obviously clubs outside the county too but then if they drew Errigal in the Ulster club he may have issues.

The Golden Years

Quote from: chieftain on September 24, 2018, 12:26:59 PM
Was at a few games over the weekend. Errigal looked flying fit, serious turn of pace from them. Carmen actually took off players that were performing well. Overall the better team won. Dromore disappointed yesterday, Their tactics were baffling at times, they have one of the best forward units around and yet played 12-14 men behind the ball. Could understand sludden playing as a sweeper in the first half against the breeze but with the wind second half he spent far too much time in his own half. Hampsey was immense, MOM by a mile. Coalisland errigal will be interesting. Cant see errigal allowing the short kick outs or the free man for kick outs the way dromore did. Is johnny curran injured?

I honestly think coalisland will dispense of Errigal with a few points to spare.  Although Errigal have a lot of speed in their forward unit their defence is very questionable.  We caused them a lot of problems with 2 championship debutants and 3 men over 30 in our forward line. Not convinced by Errigal at all.

Under Lights

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 25, 2018, 12:08:13 PM
Was at a few games over the weekend. Errigal looked flying fit, serious turn of pace from them. Carmen actually took off players that were performing well. Overall the better team won. Dromore disappointed yesterday, Their tactics were baffling at times, they have one of the best forward units around and yet played 12-14 men behind the ball. Could understand sludden playing as a sweeper in the first half against the breeze but with the wind second half he spent far too much time in his own half. Hampsey was immense, MOM by a mile. Coalisland errigal will be interesting. Cant see errigal allowing the short kick outs or the free man for kick outs the way dromore did. Is johnny curran injured?

I honestly think coalisland will dispense of Errigal with a few points to spare.  Although Errigal have a lot of speed in their forward unit their defence is very questionable.  We caused them a lot of problems with 2 championship debutants and 3 men over 30 in our forward line. Not convinced by Errigal at all.

Always felt Errigal were in second gear, this weekend will be tougher. Should be a good game.

Oghams Law

Errigal almost 1-3 with bookies. id say thats probably an accurate enough reflection of coalislands chances.

In hiding

The whole thing is Errigals to lose

Aaron Boone

Quote from: In hiding on September 25, 2018, 12:51:03 PM
The whole thing is Errigals to lose

Even at Ulster Club-level, they will take some stopping.

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on September 25, 2018, 12:32:18 PM

Always felt Errigal were in second gear, this weekend will be tougher. Should be a good game.

Yes felt like Errigal where toying with Carmen.

chieftain

I agree with regards to the errigal reargaurd but there might be a reshuffle in there, cant see kavanagh starting in defense again. Will coalisland have enough in attack though? Mcneice looked sharper than ive seen him in a few years and could cause a few problems. Hopefully both teams go for it and it turns into a shoot out.

TF15

Coalisland will be very confident. Will be nothing in it I'd imagine. 3 excellent QF's ahead. The other one should be close but may lack the same quality.

Under Lights

So did stewartstown and Strabane get away with it then?