Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishead_Sam

Mayo Senior Football Championship Group D
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee Comment
Breaffy  Kiltane  Breaffy 29/07/2007 14:00 Martin Murphy Round 5 
Castlebar Mitchels  Knockmore  Castlebar 29/07/2007 16:00 John Hughes Round 5

Pretty handy for catching two game 3 miles apart. From what I see there can't be any messing in this scenario as if the first game is a draw, Mitchells would still have to fight for a win & Knockmore for @ least a draw. If someone wins the first match, Mitchells will still have to go for a win. So there will be no settiling for a draw in the second match.

Mayo4Sam

I think this is a game that will decide our season, win it and we should top the group and have a right go of the semi's at the very least.
This is a good Knockmore team that looks to be a year or two away from Ballaghdereen but Munnelly seems to be back on form and adds a lot to our attack.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 23, 2007, 11:16:27 PM
I think this is a game that will decide our season, win it and we should top the group and have a right go of the semi's at the very least.
This is a good Knockmore team that looks to be a year or two away from Ballaghdereen but Munnelly seems to be back on form and adds a lot to our attack.

I agree with your post M4S. Were you at the Breaffy game? I was working, I'll be working for the next one as well. It all depends on the quarterfinal draw of course provided we win the game on Sunday of course. The last time I saw Knockmore play was against Kiltane and I expect there has been a different attitude displayed by the players since that game anyway! Marty Mc was supposed to have caused Howley some problems though I believe.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Davitt Man

Lads

Is there any value in finishing top of your group in the c\ship, i remember last year there was no advantage to finishing top as the draw for the q\finals was an open draw then, so are the teams seeded now

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Davitt Man on July 27, 2007, 08:38:20 AM
Lads

Is there any value in finishing top of your group in the c\ship, i remember last year there was no advantage to finishing top as the draw for the q\finals was an open draw then, so are the teams seeded now

no same as last year davitt man open draw for the q/finals
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

intoDwest

great result for Kiltane, how did the knockmore castlebar game go?

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: intoDwest on July 29, 2007, 07:04:38 PM
great result for Kiltane, how did the knockmore castlebar game go?

Draw, Mitchells out.  :'(

Mayo4Sam

Fairly harsh on mitchells, didnt make it sown today, any reports?

Not tempting fate but garrymore and burrishule look like the plum draws for the 1/4s
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

prewtna

moy davitts V ballinrobe

ballinrobe stormed into the lead in the first half. lead by 9 points to 2 at half time. admittadely could have been another 6 up, what with missed goal chances and the like. but come the second half moy davitts got stuck in, a small but vocal band of moy davitts supporters got behind them and ended up pegged them back to go 1 up. with 4 or 5 minutes of injury time played the ref gave a free to the robe in front of the goal which they duly converted  to draw level.

question - where in the name of jaysus did the ref get so much injury time from? we was robbed i tells ya.

to analyse the thing - ballinrobe will argue that they could have been out the gate at half time - hitting the post with goal shots and generally dominating the half and they would have a fair point, but they missed those chances and left the door slightly ajar. fair play to MD they really put the shoulder to the wheel for the second half. had they played like that in the first half the dodgy length of injury time played in the end wouldnt be an issue.

but bloody sickened by it to be honest after turning the game around, hitting the front with the finish in sight only for the ref to turn round and play for the draw. they deserve better then that.

stephenite

Stephenites beat Westport by 4 points to make the quarters

Fishead_Sam

I know he is probably only winding me up, but Rossfan replyed to one of my posts that Pierce Hanly is going to the Brisbane Lions, is this true? Feck Sake that would be a disaster.  :o

stephenite

Not aware of any such rumours, but it wouldn't surprise me, saw him down in Adelaide last year playing for the Ireland U-17's and he was the best player on the pitch, he won the award for best Irish player on that tour.

Would be a terrible blow to Mayo

OirthearMhaigheo

Haven't heard that rumour about Hanley either, no word of it around Ballagh anyway. It wouldn't be surprising at all since he got player of the tournament down in Austrailia last year but at the same time he is just starting a DCU scholarship so chances are Rossfan is trying to get a rise, really hurts the Rossie lads seeing Ballagh do so well in a much tougher county!!

Speaking of which, when is the draw for the quarters? Ballina are probably the team to avoid for the teams that topped their group. I assume they finished second to Charlestown?

ludermor

grat rusult for kiltane, weird seeing them top the group with a minus 3 points difference. They have ground out a few tough victories.
Does anyone know when the draw is?

guy crouchback

I was at the Ballina westport game yesterday and as stephenite said ballina won by  2-9 to 0-11( i think)
it was a poor enough game with  both teams missing a lot of chances. ballina went in at half time a point or two up when the should have been ten up. westport put up a decent enough challange for the first 10 minutes of the second half but after that Ballina got  a hold of the game and looked pretty comfortable for the last 20.
Ger brady kicked 4 lovely points in the second half and Cathal deacy also played well when he came on. Ballina were a very changed team due to a savage amount of players out injured david brady, liam brady, eana casey, shane sweeney, james devanney and more.

while this was a poor enough display from ballina with a lot of missed passes and poor shooting they will still be dangerous in the games to come with the above mentioned players coming back( except j devanney)