Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Where's Farr with this weekend's fixtures? Garrymore at home for us on Saturday evening

macdanger2

Knockmore won by 11 points, fairly comfortable by the sounds of it although we started slowly again - 0-1 to 1-4 down early on

Charlestown beat Westport in our group so it looks like them and ourselves going through to the QFs unless one or both of us take a right tanking in the final group game - I presume that's postponed until after the county side are knocked out.

macdanger2

Last round of the group stages this weekend and there should be live streaming for at least one of the games:

Group 1
17:00 Charlestown Sarsfields v Garrymore Connacht GAA Centre of Excellence 3G Pitch
17:00 Knockmore v Westport  MacHale Park, Castlebar

Team    Played    Won    Lost    Drawn    Points For    Points Against    Points Diff    Points
Knockmore    2    1    0    1    40    29    11    3
Charlestown Sarsfields    2    1    0    1    34    27    7    3
Westport GAA    2    0    1    1    24    31    -7    1
Garrymore    2    0    1    1    26    37    -11    1

Group 2
18:30 Breaffy v Ballaghaderreen Connacht GAA Centre of Excellence 3G Pitch
18:30 Davitts v Hollymount-Carramore Connacht GAA Centre of Excellence 3G Pitch

Team    Played    Won    Lost    Drawn    Points For    Points Against    Points Diff    Points
Breaffy    2    2    0    0    45    22    23    4
Hollymount-Carramore    2    1    1    0    40    24    16    2
Ballaghaderreen    2    1    1    0    29    46    -17    2
Davitts    2    0    2    0    28    50    -22    0

Group 3
15:30 Ballintubber v Claremorris Ballinrobe
15:30 Kiltane v Aghamore Ballina

Ballintubber    2    2    0    0    39    20    19    4
Claremorris    2    1    0    1    35    31    4    3
Aghamore    2    0    1    1    31    40    -9    1
Kiltane    2    0    2    0    20    34    -14    0

Group 4
16:00 Ballina Stephenites v Castlebar Mitchels Knockmore
18:30 Ballinrobe v Crossmolina Deel Rovers MacHale Park, Castlebar

Castlebar Mitchels    2    2    0    0    44    21    23    4
Ballina Stephenites    2    2    0    0    33    21    12    4
Ballinrobe    2    0    2    0    23    37    -14    0
Crossmolina Deel Rovers    2    0    2    0    19    40    -21    0

So you're probably looking at Knockmore, Charlestown, Breaffy, Hollymount-Carramore, Ballintubber, Claremorris/Aghamore, Castlebar & Ballina into the QFs. And if they're kept apart in the draw, it seems pretty likely that we could have the same four semi finalists as last year

Mayo4Sam

We'll be doing well to finish ahead of Charlestown given it's a straight shootout. They could put up a cricket score
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stephenite

Some great news to wake up to in Melbourne!!!!! ;D

macdanger2

Knockmore beat Westport, 2-11 to 1-9. Charlestown beaten by Garrymore so we're through as winners and Garrymore finish second i presume based on head to head?

Some win for ballina, castlebar are the second placed team the other three group winners will want to avoid though.

ballinaman

macdanger2

I see on WJ's blog that we drew Castlebar in the QF to be played next Saturday.

Breaffy v Claremorris in Castlebar on Saturday
Ballintubber v Hollymount/Carramore in Castlebar, also Saturday
Knockmore v Castlebar Mitchels in Ballina
Garrymore v Ballina Stephenie in Charlestown on Sunday

macdanger2

So wins for Castlebar, Garrymore, Claremorris and a draw in the other one. Pity knockmore couldn't have made for three shock results

Castlebar v Garrymore in one SF, presumably next weekend. Replay QF on Wednesday

REDCOL

Best player I saw this weekend was Paddy Durcan. His brother James also impressive. Peter Naughton has ability but may need to bulk up. James McCormack Claremorris in the same boat. I liked Robert Mollloy and Conor Keane and Kevin Feerick all Holly Carramore. Young Finnerty from Ballintubber could be a player in a couple of years. Jason Gibbons outstanding. Sean Regan & Ciaran Tracey Ballina impressed. Caolan Crowe & Trevor Nally were the best on show for Garrymore. Ardnaree Number 15 had no programme looked good

Mayo4Sam

I would have said Kevin McLoughlin in the Castlebar Knockmore game, was outstanding

A real chance missed for us, Castlebar were probably the better team but we had the chances, plenty of point chances and a great goal chance for Shane McHale late on, the keeper did well to save it. Knockmore look like a coming team. Given the way the other other semi finals went it looks like a real opportunity lost.
I can't believe Breaffy lost again, its hard to fathom

guy crouchback

the castlebar knockmore game was a very enjoyable match to be at. great crowd great, atmosphere and two teams having a real go. prefect location in Ballina (Compare this to the atmosphere in Bekan that next day).
for knocmore mc loughlin was the leader and for castlebar it was paddy durcan. durcan was class he was able to up the pace when needed and  scored a goal just when it was needed.

an honorable mention to the ref in that game, his surname was Kennedy i cant recall his first name. he consistently pulled both sets of defenders for fouling off the ball.  this encouraged both teams to stop doing that and contributed to a great game.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: guy crouchback on October 09, 2017, 11:32:33 AM
the castlebar knockmore game was a very enjoyable match to be at. great crowd great, atmosphere and two teams having a real go. prefect location in Ballina (Compare this to the atmosphere in Bekan that next day).
for knocmore mc loughlin was the leader and for castlebar it was paddy durcan. durcan was class he was able to up the pace when needed and  scored a goal just when it was needed.

an honorable mention to the ref in that game, his surname was Kennedy i cant recall his first name. he consistently pulled both sets of defenders for fouling off the ball.  this encouraged both teams to stop doing that and contributed to a great game.

I usually wouldn't give out about refs as I realise that everyone views these things from their POV but I thought he was very harsh on us in the second half. Castlebar consistently over carried, when we were putting serious pressure on them they turned two and three times and it was allowed. It was very frustrating to watch.
Agreed on Durcan, that goal was a serious move but there were too many stupid decisions made by Knockmore men, doubling up when their was no need, happened twice which left an overlap and space. Could easily have been prevented.

macdanger2

Ballintubber up by 4 with 15 to play, Cillian off on a second yellow

Ballintubber have scored the last 6 on the bounce

macdanger2