Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: hardstation on May 05, 2007, 02:44:36 PM

St. Brigids B 2-11 1-14 St. Galls  Corrigan Park Extra Time if Reqd.

did this game go to extra time? st brigids must have played well? any reports?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

DownFanatic

Just out of interest. How many Belfast teams are there playing football In Antrim and what areas are they from? I know St Brigids are Malone Road, St Malachy's are Lower Ormeau/Short Strand and Eire Og are Derriaghy. What about the rest?

PlayWithTheWind

gallsman

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on May 05, 2007, 02:25:22 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 04, 2007, 09:09:17 PM
I wouldn't even dare and suggest it, nor would I try and suggest he'll be scoring 1-4 or 1-5 or whatever he got. However, what we're dealing with hear is picking the six best forwards in Antrim to represent us, and that certainly includes CJ, regardless of the opposition.

good to have you back mc ardle

Its not about picking the best six forwards in the county, its about picking the right forwards (players) to win that game. Young mcgourty is in with a strong chance of starting. Has he not given any clues away to you Gallsman?

I'm studying in Dublin and a bit out of the loop (and condition!) at this stage!

PlayWithTheWind

Creggan Kickhams  0-9 0-8 Portglenone   
St. Galls  - - Gort Na Mona  St. Galls         Not Played
St. Pauls  2-11 1-6 St. Johns 
Cargin  - - Lamh Dhearg  Cargin               Not Played

Glenravel  1-5 0-5 Aghagallon
Sarsfields  0-8 1-6 St. Brigids B   
Rossa  0-7 1-6 All Saints   
Davitts  1-6 1-11 St. Endas   

Aldergrove  3-10 1-5 Ahoghill   
Glenavy  0-14 0-10 St. Johns 2 
St. Teresas  0-5 0-4 Ardoyne   
St. Galls 2 0-6 0-12 Tir na Nog   
Cargin 2 1-13 0-7 Lamh Dhearg 2

why were 2 matches not played? especially when their reserve teams played?

Gold

Maybe the 2 matches wernt played due to the monsoon

Im sure the monsoon beat a few teams yesterday!

Creggan are stil goin well in div 1?

any reports on games?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

PlayWithTheWind

the "monsoon" didnt effect the reserve games?!

PlayWithTheWind

i hear the footballers are to play London this weekend, somewhere in the city. anyone confirm this?

tbrick18

Is it true Joe Brolly is helping out with the Antrim senior team?
If so what do you Antrim boys think of it? Do you think he brings anything useful to the table?

Ruairi Og exile

Playwiththewind..are you sure it's not the hurlers against London inthe Ulster Championship?? Maybe I'm wrong

PlayWithTheWind

i think both codes might be playing.. goin by what i heard!

PlayWithTheWind

antrim did play london this weekend in the football

team was:
1.mcgreevy
2.brady
3.mc veigh
4. oboyle
5.mcgoldrick
6. croizer
7. carlin
8.martin
9.mccann
10.gallagher
11.niblock
12.p.close
13.rae
14.mcgourty
15.c.close

finally score was 0.17 to 0.9

imtommygunn

Interesting team - who would be to come back onto that team yet?

Very young half back line - I assume Carlin is the St Paul's Carlin? We could also do with a bit more in the half forward line - suppose it all depends on who's left to come into the team.

Good to see young O'Boyle back though - probably the best man marker in the county from what I can see.

I see someone else had a seperate post - Cargin 0-17 St Pauls 0-1 . That's an awful hammering. Still I suppose at least St Pauls kept a clean sheet...

Very young tem in general but it's good to build for the future.

johnjoe

Anyone up at the feile final yesterday at Gort Na Nona, between Davitts and Sean Stinsons? Both teams were very highly rated, with Davitts apparently beating St Galls in the league by 20 points, and as Belfast champions, were well fancied. Sean Stinsons unbeaten in their age group since under ten, all county winners two years ago at under twelve.

Great advertisement for under age football in Antrim. Davitts well in control first fifteen minutes, but missed a lot of good scoring chances. Stinsons had four scoring chances in the first half, and scored 2.02. Davits had only managed 0.05. How Stinsons were ahead at half time was a near miracle, but with the wind, and down hill in the second half there was only going to be one winner.

Stinsons scored 1.07 to 0.01 in the second period to win in the end by 3.09 to 0.06, twelve points not a fair reflection in a great game between two excellent sides. Stinsons unbeaten run continues for another while!

Good luck to Stinsons in the last weekend of June, at the feile to be held in Carrick on Shannon, Co Leitrim.

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 14, 2007, 03:04:01 PM
Interesting team - who would be to come back onto that team yet?

Very young half back line - I assume Carlin is the St Paul's Carlin? We could also do with a bit more in the half forward line - suppose it all depends on who's left to come into the team.

oboyle lasted 10mins, not to sure what happened him.
yes, liam carlin from st paul, big lad with huge commitment not sure about his football ability for county level.

cunnigham, bell, brady, loughray, scullion, quinn and more are all to come into that team. im sure atleast 3 of them 6 will start come 3rd june.
still not convinced about niblock.