Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

its the first time they've beat us in 25 years in a senior game, i shit you not.

the bookies odds is never far away  ;)

CSC

Regarding Creggan under peforming, we were near out of existance during the earily 90's!!!
Struggled to field teams and form a committee. We had a long hard look at the club and since then have really worked hard to build it up.

we are a proud club with a good tradition, but believe it or not slim, Cargin are the benchmark for ourselves in regards to how they they run the club in the past 20 years and with all the set backs keep coming back stronger.

Obviously we don't have the same resources as the Toome men but we still aim to be contenders.

Slim, are you BSh1tting with the odds. I can see Creggan having shorter odds than Cargin or Lamb Dearg. As Cargin are a championship team and this currentl team have ley to establish themselves as championship material

Glensman

I would guess that Slim is bullsh1tting with the odds alright.
They don't even have all the people in the senior championship in there anyway in his list of odds.

Mickey Moran has arguably been exposed as naive in the past on bigger stages that Antrim championships but if he or Creggan think that Sunday's result was anything other than down to cobwebs being blown off by Cargin and Creggan getting a good start on their (as said before) wee pitch then they need their head sorted.

However, its good to see it being competitive with two shock results (in my opinion) portglenone beating Lamh Dearg and Creggan beating Cargin.

Shame to see Dunloy's result v St Galls - they are better than that result. I believe they have a couple of big players not playing this year.

PlayWithTheWind

championships between Cargin and St.Galls, thats was obvious before a ball was even kicked!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

playwiththewind1st

I claim copyright upon my own handle.

imtommygunn

Are GNM in the senior championship?

I would put them as better than Portglenone or Rasharkin.

St Brigids - well they will likely be the worst team in it.

Cregann are a good wee side who have very good underage structures in place. They may claim a few scalps this season. In Antrim there are only really two good teams about. There's no reason why Creggan can't be as good as Lamh Dhearg who in my opnion are no world beaters and are very reliant on Cunningham's accuracy from placed balls and St Paul's also. By all accounts GNM could be up around the third best team too. There are a lot of average sides in senior in Antrim at present with two exceptional ones.

Maximus Marillius

QuoteThere are a lot of average sides in senior in Antrim at present with two exceptional ones.

St Galls was one, after all they won the Ulster Cub,  who would the other one be? ???

Ethan Edwards

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 17, 2007, 05:55:26 PM
QuoteThere are a lot of average sides in senior in Antrim at present with two exceptional ones.

St Galls was one, after all they won the Ulster Cub,  who would the other one be? ???

I presume Cargin, although losing to creggan would seem to me that EXCEPTIONAL might be a bit strong
That'll Be The Day

SlimShady

Quote from: Ethan Edwards on April 18, 2007, 09:41:33 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 17, 2007, 05:55:26 PM

I persume Cargin, although losing to creggan would seem to me that EXCEPTIONAL might be a bit strong

what does persume mean?

Ethan Edwards

I do apologise for my spelling mistake, which I have since amended, but i didnt know we were back at school, Professor  >:(
That'll Be The Day

PlayWithTheWind

many people see todays irish news? st pauls applauding gort na mona onto the pitch - whats that nonsense all about?

a few good u21 games on 2nite.. an verdicts? cargin V gort should be a good game and davitts V st galls. can only c both cargin and st galls comin out on top, feel they will have too much talent for them, but they will have to play for their win as gort n davitts will put it up to them.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

johnjoe

Where is the Cargin v Gorts match? Is it tonight? What time throw in?

SlimShady

its tonight, its in Toome, its at 7pm.

Mhic Easmuint

All fixtures on the County Website Sports Manager:

I see Owen Quinn is refereeig your game tonight slim.  One of the best upcoming referee's in the county in any game I have seen him.

SlimShady

indeed, excellent alright. good chap Owen and a good ref, even if he does make a mistake he holds his hands up.

mhic, who is 'the administrator' of the county website? and dont tell me you dont know!! you know the guy who puts a smart comment after every post in the guestbook!