Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

He scored 6 frees though before he left  ;)

Anyhow, Creggan must surely be favourites for this years Championship- they have more men on the County Panel than any other Club (8 i think) and with Mickey Moran at the helm they should really be an unstoppable force!!

shady character

6 frees before he left?? county final u are talking about i take it Slim?
Cos it wasn't for sure in enniskillen.
and sure an excellent wee free taker but not a force from play at county level...so far.

Big Martin will  do ok this time of the year when the pitches are heavy and you need grafters...but prob not the answer come championship. Thats being honest.

Only 4 on squad, i think you'll find Slim. We aspire to great. Is that so bad? or should we sit back and let one club monopolise like happened for 4 or 5 years at club level

nrico2006

Im not from Antrim, but out of curiosity what is the craic with Creggan. Ive  heard they have 8 players on panel, then I hear 4.   How many exactly is there?  How good a side are they in all seriousness.  I would be able to rate the top few teams in Antrim but never heard much about Creggan.  You have St Galls/Cargin, then the likes of Lamh Derg, Portglenone, St Johns, Rossa.  But where would Creggan be?  I seen a large squad of them in Cookstown training a few weeks ago.  Obviously there is ppl to come into the Antrim Panel yet, such as P Cunningham and whoever else is playing for a Uni.  What about B herron, has he joined K Mc Gourty in simply opting out.  I hope you's do well, and believe me I think you's will be better without the likes of K mc Gourty, bit of a mouth and hasnt really delivered for Antrim.  Groom Crozier and the other McGourty in good time, but from what I hear the panel is gelling well and enjoying Jody's work.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SlimShady

Jaysus but yer a very touchy Character!!  :D I was only assuming you were going to be hard to stop this year- by your own admission round Creggan. I've listened to numerous Kickhams men blow themselves up as the next big thing (we've been there before eh?!) so its hardly strange for one to take such a view!

Hopefully now that MM is in charge he'll take down the daft sayings on the home changing room walls  ;)

and please, before you attempt to slate lads like Closie- make sure you have even 1 player better than him in yer ranks!! at the minute-you sure dont!

so, how good are Creggan? Someone please answer nrico, I couldn't seriously attempt to  :D ;D

shady character

Touchy?? Definitely not. I am realistic. Creggan are not currently in the top 5 teams in the County. But we do lie somewhere between 5 and 9. Reckon that is accurate.

As for comparing close to creggan players. When did I say we had a better forward or a player capable of starring at county level? thats rite I didnt!I just made the point that for Antrim  against good teams he's never looked good enough. FACT.
Oh you are protective over ur little Bum Chum aren't you Slimy?!

hightower

i hear their hard to beat in that school pitch of theirs,not much good in the wide open spaces,basically u would have too say they are sh*te

SlimShady

Byjaysus it doesnt take long for a Creggan man to show his true colours  :D ;D

3 posts and he's shown himself to be anti-Close, anti-Slim, anti-Cargin and anti-Jody for selecting the wrong captain!  :D

Show some love man, maybe thats were you're going wrong up in Creggan  :D

probably not though  ;)

nice one hightower!  ;D

shady character

Anti-Slim?? don't flatter your self son!!

as for anti-jody not at all.....but i am entitled to my opinion.

There's not many people around Cargin who thought he was captain material...thats all....not a leader...a good club player and good free-tker. Full-stop. Now that hardly slating.
It's starting to become really clear that you are very fond of Mr. C... a close friend indeed!

Slander creggan all you like. But I didnt come on here to talk about mine or your club. So pull ur head out of your parochial back side and talk about what the conversation started with in the 1st place!

ONeill

Mickey Rea is an ex-Derrytresk (East Tyrone) player and an important member of the Academy Hogan Cup winning side in 1997.

He'll get you scores - you'll be mightily surprised.....! He has never 'whored' himself around clubs. Derrytresk are a struggling Div 3 outift. He was courted by senior clubs and accepted a couple of offers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Guillem2

Are there other counties in Ulster playing players from outside the county on their teams? A Scullion plays for Down and R Gallagher has move to Cavan. Any others? I can't think of an example wher it has worked out well.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

NICSSA

It's with a heavy heart that i'm writing this,having just returned today from Christmas i'm still in shock about the  untimely death of our playing colleague Shaun Paul, not only was he a class footballer he was also a fine hurler too. having been relegated last year he was looking forward to playing this year to get us promoted and had been training really hard. His death has left a massive hole in our club and it at this stage nobody can talk of GAA. The attendance and support from players from other clubs at yesterdays funeral shows how popular he was.
May God give his parents Sean and Sinead and his brother Ryan, sisters Kelly and Danielle the strength to get though this difficult time.
RIP SPOH

shady character

Fao: Slim

I've just realised someting Slim. You said in an earlier post that u were part of the Antrim panel that day in Enniskillen. How many faces can you hide behind. First you have people thinking you are Geek, Then Screamer and now who?? Niall Scullion or somebody?! ha ha

Not that it really matters, but your identity is obvious, but het, your secrets safe with me!!

SlimShady

Everyone knows my identity on here you tit! who said i was on the Antrim panel that day? not me.
my identity must'nt be that obvious or you'd know it  :D

and it obviously does matter to you or you wouldnt bring it up, you arrived on here, named yourself after me and proceeded to attack Closie- of course I'll defend him but doing that to the likes of you is pointless as your envy has no limits.

shady character

"I had the misfortune of being in Enniskillen and getting the biggest soaking of my life yes with the rest of our panel that day."

That's what you said you TIT!! And if it's the Cargin panel you are on about, then wise up you plonker!! The only place you ever played football was the USA, well until you got there and they realised you for the phoney that you are!!

Are u getting cross?!

SlimShady