Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on August 01, 2017, 04:47:15 PM
The first club to put up a small stand will get all the plaudits. At least 5 in Derry, possibly 7 in Tyrone... but not one in Antrim since old Corrigan stand was demolished.

wont be us sadly lol were in the middle of sorting out the final funding for a new 4G pitch to the side of the Academy on that tarmac area. Much in the same vein as what Creggan have there to be fully flood lit as well for use during the winter time. Pitches is what we need more as we dont allow the main field to be used for training by any grade so were all on the second pitch. its taking a hammering at the moment so more playing space is the priority.
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

No doubt DR the pitch would come before the notion of a covered standing area. Dunloy a great example of a progressive club...a 90% hurling club who can step up to win a county minor football title. Some achievement. 22 clubs with covered stands in Tyrone is an impressive stat too it has to be said!

shawshank

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 02, 2017, 12:18:01 PM
The first club to put up a small stand will get all the plaudits. At least 5 in Derry, possibly 7 in Tyrone... but not one in Antrim since old Corrigan stand was demolished.

wont be us sadly lol were in the middle of sorting out the final funding for a new 4G pitch to the side of the Academy on that tarmac area. Much in the same vein as what Creggan have there to be fully flood lit as well for use during the winter time. Pitches is what we need more as we dont allow the main field to be used for training by any grade so were all on the second pitch. its taking a hammering at the moment so more playing space is the priority.

I was reading an article in the last few months from Holland, and I am sure the gist of it was that they had stopped building 3/4g pitches in Holland due to the amount of serious injuries, all back up with research.

shawshank

Quote from: bannside on August 02, 2017, 12:50:34 PM
No doubt DR the pitch would come before the notion of a covered standing area. Dunloy a great example of a progressive club...a 90% hurling club who can step up to win a county minor football title. Some achievement. 22 clubs with covered stands in Tyrone is an impressive stat too it has to be said!

Can you measure a counties enthusiasm or commitments to our games by the amount of covered stands they have, you can in Tyrones case.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: shawshank on August 02, 2017, 01:04:57 PM
Quote from: bannside on August 02, 2017, 12:50:34 PM

Can you measure a counties enthusiasm or commitments to our games by the amount of covered stands they have, you can in Tyrones case.

Rain and attendance figures must be high in Tyrone
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Club logo Umbrella Hats is the way forward.

Na Glinntí Glasa

fair weather fans in Tyrone lol

were not made of sugar in co antrim. its the midges we have to content with is the bother!
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 02, 2017, 02:25:55 PM

were not made of sugar in co antrim. its the midges we have to content with is the bother!

Glenravel has to be worst for it! Went to watch my nephew play a game there a few weeks ago, ate alive I was!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 02, 2017, 02:44:21 PM

Glenravel has to be worst for it! Went to watch my nephew play a game there a few weeks ago, ate alive I was!

They must like the bitter taste  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ned

It's the big trees, plenty of shelter.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2017, 03:57:40 PM

They must like the bitter taste  :o

Bitter taste?

stiffler

Well done to Cargin on winning the Eddie fitzsimmons cup tonight.

Does anyone know the lay of the land at the bottom of div 1?

Do aldergrove still have 2 points to be deducted ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: stiffler on August 02, 2017, 10:09:56 PM
Well done to Cargin on winning the Eddie fitzsimmons cup tonight.

Does anyone know the lay of the land at the bottom of div 1?

Do aldergrove still have 2 points to be deducted ?

and to Glenavy on getting up from Div 2
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Bottom of Div 1looks like a straight shoot out between Aldergrove and Ahoghill to see who joins St Pauls for the drop. They play each other in their last game for survival in the top flight.

Hectic

An indoor facility like Dunloy or Randalstown for me would be more desirable than a covered stand.  Of course both would be good but the ability to work all year round, and in all weather, particularly with the youth would be a massive boost to any club.