Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Quote from: angermanagement on July 23, 2017, 11:30:36 PM
Is it true an 18 year old lost four front teeth from a cowardly dig?

Apt username

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2017, 11:33:52 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on July 20, 2017, 11:17:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2017, 10:37:05 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on July 20, 2017, 05:29:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 19, 2017, 06:20:26 PM
Quote from: rashCharacter on July 19, 2017, 05:10:10 PM
Saw that table on facebook, some ridiculous comments on it as well.

The figure for Antrim was €551,973 over 9 years (07 - 15).
Thats slightly over €60k per year - might just about cover 2 full time coaches so while its a big number, it won't go very far.

Still more than other counties no? Other counties that have done better let's say in juvenile or school
Paying a visit to Toome on Sunday MR2..........sure only the league  :)

I would love to, yous might get a crowd out seeing Celtic aren't playing, but I'm in Florida at the minute on some warm weather training... good luck lads

And you're on here giving out... Make sure and wear a hat or factor 50..

Only bitta fun

Bring me back a stick o rock anyway and I'll forgive you.

Galer

Which game did the lad get a dig?
Any interesting names for antrim job?

Hectic

Great result for Antrim town last night and puts them in a really good position for staying in Div 2 - this would be a fantastic achievement.

bannside

Read Curlys match report on Saffrongael...think he was shell-shocked because at one stage Dunloy were cruising.

Well done to them....and to our seconds who secured the Div 1 senior reserve league title last night for the first time.

shawshank

Bannside, I was down in Portglenone on Saturday, had to call to the monastery. Decided to go and see your new pitch. Never mind being delighted to see your new pitch looking fantastic, but I was delighted to see the work that the club have done to the existing grounds, with the new entrance looking very welcoming, the new fencing around the existing pitch and the tar down to finish the picture. Brilliant job, I am sure you are all very proud of the work put in. Congratulations. The funding for the new pitch from the lottery? Where did the funding for upgrading the existing pitch come from as there has been a fair bit spent?

country bumpkin

So Rory Gallagher vacates the Donegal hot seat.....Is he Antrim bound MR2...??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on July 31, 2017, 09:16:13 PM
So Rory Gallagher vacates the Donegal hot seat.....Is he Antrim bound MR2...??

He'd need to get fit first, probably would start on the reserves first and if the manager feels he's got something to help the seniors he could make the squad!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Thanks Shawshank. We are well proud of it and there's still more to do in the next year or two. We took our inspiration from An Lub officials who came to our club and explained how they did it.   Ballymena borough council were excellent too and we got a good hand out from them. We hope to be on the new pitch soon..sure we will get the Pearses over for a friendly early next year!

bannside

Meant to say that hundreds of voluntary man hours were invested in the project by dozens of club volunteers, many from a construction background who have all the equipment etc so this made a huge difference. The tarring was done at cost price by clubman Phelim Mc Cluskey who heads up P Graham & sons tarmac, and that made a good difference too. All this allowed us to make a substantial saving. Kilrea out doing the hard yards round the doors. Long haul but the reward will be worth it!

Na Glinntí Glasa

was well impressed last time i was down there with the camogs. excellent set up now for future generations to use.

when will the new pitch be open for usage?
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Expect it open soon just a few little snags to finish off contractually and it's good to go. I know it looks well...but wait until you set foot on the new pitch. It's as good as you'll get.  And the floodlights are very high spec too. So lots to look forward to after the big effort all round to pull it off.

Stillwater2

Fair play Bannside, seen a few pics on Social media and looks impressive.

Seems to be a few clubs doing development work at present, striving to improve what they already have.

bannside

The first club to put up a small stand will get all the plaudits. At least 5 in Derry, possibly 7 in Tyrone... but not one in Antrim since old Corrigan stand was demolished.

oakleafgael

Quote from: bannside on August 01, 2017, 04:47:15 PM
The first club to put up a small stand will get all the plaudits. At least 5 in Derry, possibly 7 in Tyrone... but not one in Antrim since old Corrigan stand was demolished.

At a quick count off the top of my head there are 22 clubs with covered stands in Tyrone.