Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 1609579 times)

bannside

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #14235 on: August 01, 2017, 12:46:28 PM »
Meant to say that hundreds of voluntary man hours were invested in the project by dozens of club volunteers, many from a construction background who have all the equipment etc so this made a huge difference. The tarring was done at cost price by clubman Phelim Mc Cluskey who heads up P Graham & sons tarmac, and that made a good difference too. All this allowed us to make a substantial saving. Kilrea out doing the hard yards round the doors. Long haul but the reward will be worth it!

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #14236 on: August 01, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »
was well impressed last time i was down there with the camogs. excellent set up now for future generations to use.

when will the new pitch be open for usage?
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: August 01, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »
Expect it open soon just a few little snags to finish off contractually and it's good to go. I know it looks well...but wait until you set foot on the new pitch. It's as good as you'll get.  And the floodlights are very high spec too. So lots to look forward to after the big effort all round to pull it off.

Stillwater2

• View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: August 01, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »
Fair play Bannside, seen a few pics on Social media and looks impressive.

Seems to be a few clubs doing development work at present, striving to improve what they already have.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: August 01, 2017, 04:47:15 PM »
The first club to put up a small stand will get all the plaudits. At least 5 in Derry, possibly 7 in Tyrone... but not one in Antrim since old Corrigan stand was demolished.

oakleafgael

• View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: August 01, 2017, 11:48:35 PM »
The first club to put up a small stand will get all the plaudits. At least 5 in Derry, possibly 7 in Tyrone... but not one in Antrim since old Corrigan stand was demolished.

At a quick count off the top of my head there are 22 clubs with covered stands in Tyrone.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: August 02, 2017, 12:18:01 PM »

wont be us sadly lol were in the middle of sorting out the final funding for a new 4G pitch to the side of the Academy on that tarmac area. Much in the same vein as what Creggan have there to be fully flood lit as well for use during the winter time. Pitches is what we need more as we dont allow the main field to be used for training by any grade so were all on the second pitch. its taking a hammering at the moment so more playing space is the priority.
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: August 02, 2017, 12:50:34 PM »
No doubt DR the pitch would come before the notion of a covered standing area. Dunloy a great example of a progressive club...a 90% hurling club who can step up to win a county minor football title. Some achievement. 22 clubs with covered stands in Tyrone is an impressive stat too it has to be said!

shawshank

• View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: August 02, 2017, 01:02:56 PM »

wont be us sadly lol were in the middle of sorting out the final funding for a new 4G pitch to the side of the Academy on that tarmac area. Much in the same vein as what Creggan have there to be fully flood lit as well for use during the winter time. Pitches is what we need more as we dont allow the main field to be used for training by any grade so were all on the second pitch. its taking a hammering at the moment so more playing space is the priority.

I was reading an article in the last few months from Holland, and I am sure the gist of it was that they had stopped building 3/4g pitches in Holland due to the amount of serious injuries, all back up with research.

shawshank

• View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: August 02, 2017, 01:04:57 PM »
No doubt DR the pitch would come before the notion of a covered standing area. Dunloy a great example of a progressive club...a 90% hurling club who can step up to win a county minor football title. Some achievement. 22 clubs with covered stands in Tyrone is an impressive stat too it has to be said!

Can you measure a counties enthusiasm or commitments to our games by the amount of covered stands they have, you can in Tyrones case.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: August 02, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »

Can you measure a counties enthusiasm or commitments to our games by the amount of covered stands they have, you can in Tyrones case.

Rain and attendance figures must be high in Tyrone
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: August 02, 2017, 02:05:57 PM »
Club logo Umbrella Hats is the way forward.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: August 02, 2017, 02:25:55 PM »
fair weather fans in Tyrone lol

were not made of sugar in co antrim. its the midges we have to content with is the bother!
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: August 02, 2017, 02:44:21 PM »

were not made of sugar in co antrim. its the midges we have to content with is the bother!

Glenravel has to be worst for it! Went to watch my nephew play a game there a few weeks ago, ate alive I was!

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: August 02, 2017, 03:57:40 PM »

Glenravel has to be worst for it! Went to watch my nephew play a game there a few weeks ago, ate alive I was!

They must like the bitter taste  :o
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)