Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 13, 2017, 11:28:20 PM
Sure players know the rules inside out! They never make mistakes or foul but best of all the managers and keyboard warriors know it all ;D

I'd a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault! I said to him if he'd concentrate on marking his man put in an honest shift and defend  without fouling they would have only lost by 15!

Finton Mark Colum All goodins, County have plenty of dedicated lads, no shortage it seems of people willing to put something back into the county, rather than bad mouthing all the time on discussion boards

An opinion is like an asshole, everybody has one and no matter where you go you'll find them.   ;)

Sure that is the beauty of the GAA, we all have our part to play, no matter how small both for club and county. 

Milltown Row2

Don't beat yourself up too much, your opinions matter ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

I'd a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault!

That was a bit like you, in your pomp. You never kept quiet the whole time. Poacher turned gamekeeper!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 14, 2017, 01:42:04 PM
I'd a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault!

That was a bit like you, in your pomp. You never kept quiet the whole time. Poacher turned gamekeeper!

Lol!! possibly guilty  8)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

Just say it......."guilty"!!

ashman

Folks

Does anyone have the O Donovan Rossa line out from the 1989 club final ??

Or a link ?

Thanks

Na Glinntí Glasa

thats the scorers from that final
C Barr 0-5, N Murray 0-2 (2f), J Reilly 0-1, C Murphy 0-1, P Rogan 0-1, D Armstrong 0-1, A Murray 0-1 (1f)
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 20, 2017, 08:37:13 AM
thats the scorers from that final
C Barr 0-5, N Murray 0-2 (2f), J Reilly 0-1, C Murphy 0-1, P Rogan 0-1, D Armstrong 0-1, A Murray 0-1 (1f)

Buffers had some auld boy that took them apart! in fairness he was a tasty hurler back in the day thon Tony.. it was one that Rossa could have won

Na Glinntí Glasa

that was a good Rossa team then, they prob should have won the All Ireland that year. When you looked at them on paper they were strong all over the pitch, all big physical men who were good hurlers.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Tony Doran wasnt it played poocher for Buffersalley
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Quote from: theskull1 on December 20, 2017, 06:01:20 PM
Tony Doran wasnt it played poocher for Buffersalley

I think i mind him still playing in cushendall a few years later. I think they played them in a semi at home one year.

[edit] in fact that may have been a year previous.

saffron89

THInk Mark Barr was around the full back line for rossa
Apparently broke Tony's finger.
Can't remember him playing Cushendall ?  That s
Not to say it didn't happen
Remember Middletown of cork playing the dall
In a semi final up there.  John Fenton untouchable

imtommygunn

Hmm you may be right. Fenton was some operator. They maybe played birr too up there too at one point but the memories are vague now i think about it.

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 21, 2017, 10:03:21 PM
Hmm you may be right. Fenton was some operator. They maybe played birr too up there too at one point but the memories are vague now i think about it.

I remember the Birr game, very young team back then, they provided the backbone of a few Offaly AI U21 and minor winning teams.  Joe Errity was some operator. They did well to put a seasoned Dall team away on their home patch. The pitch was a bog

north_antrim_hound

Merry Christmas to all my fellow saffron's
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets