Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

AFAIK it is decided on head to head scoring aggregate, which i think was only decided after both teams had played.

but agree i dont think there will be much sleep lost.

jdyok

From County website; available i believe from before the league started.

3.07 Where there is a need to differentiate between teams on equal points, the following criteria shall be used:
a. Where teams finish with equal points the outcome of the meetings between the teams shall be the deciding factor, except for in a one round league where the deciding factors will be from b to d below.
b. The highest scoring difference. That is points scored minus points conceded in the games played between the teams
c. The highest score for.
d. Play off where more than 2 teams are on equal points the issue will be decided as per b above

Megaman

Quote from: jdyok on August 17, 2017, 11:45:06 AM
From County website; available i believe from before the league started.

3.07 Where there is a need to differentiate between teams on equal points, the following criteria shall be used:
a. Where teams finish with equal points the outcome of the meetings between the teams shall be the deciding factor, except for in a one round league where the deciding factors will be from b to d below.
b. The highest scoring difference. That is points scored minus points conceded in the games played between the teams
c. The highest score for.
d. Play off where more than 2 teams are on equal points the issue will be decided as per b above

very good. suppose if you really gave a toss one could have looked for that.

Didnt actually mean decided meant informed, but either way no sleep lost

Larnegaa

Did st galls v portaferry not play last night?

Usain

Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2017, 01:39:19 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2017, 10:01:38 AM
How could that game have been so one sided? Thats a fairly embarrassing scoreline
A dead rubber game on a Wednesday night when you have a championship game on Friday night.

It is what it is...

Its a hectic time off the year for dual men HS. Going from hurling cship one weekend to football cship the following wknd and important league games in between. The dual men in my club are getting er tight at the minute but if ya are winning its always easier!

theskull1

Massive result for Ballycastle last night beating Rossa in the Minor Championship. Not many would have seen that coming.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Good result for your guys skull. From what i saw rossa, cushendall and dunloy looked the strongest there but obviously ballycastle had something to say there. It did look like it had the potential to be a good championship the minor. (Great to see coverage on that saffron gael of the league as it builds up an interest).

themac_23

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 19, 2017, 01:02:16 PM
Good result for your guys skull. From what i saw rossa, cushendall and dunloy looked the strongest there but obviously ballycastle had something to say there. It did look like it had the potential to be a good championship the minor. (Great to see coverage on that saffron gael of the league as it builds up an interest).

Bit unfair on Rossa as a club having to play a MHC and SFC game on the same night

theskull1

Every team left in it will feel they've a chance after last nights result in Ballycastle
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 19, 2017, 02:40:30 PM
Every team left in it will feel they've a chance after last nights result in Ballycastle

Was impressed with Loughgiel and having 'watched' Naomh Padraig last night it should be a good game... surprised at Rossa to be honest, ref'd them this year and they seemed to have a great balance about them.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah i was very surprised at the Rossa result as i had felt they would of been the team everyone would be chasing this year.

Our lads played well Friday night in pretty atrocious conditions and that goal we got in the first half was the difference between the sides. still to be fair they dug in and got the result against a good Cushendall side.
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

A juvenile is always a sub in matches. Fair enough as there are better players and that's how life works. The child's team win a game by 20+ points and the child got to play for the last 60 seconds.

What would you do if this was your child?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on August 21, 2017, 10:15:20 AM
A juvenile is always a sub in matches. Fair enough as there are better players and that's how life works. The child's team win a game by 20+ points and the child got to play for the last 60 seconds.

Surely that's down to the management and their judgement? Best thing to do is never get involved over management selection... Winning by 20 points or winning by 1 some managers see value in getting 60 minutes regardless how the game is going out of their best team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2017, 10:33:38 AM

Surely that's down to the management and their judgement? Best thing to do is never get involved over management selection... Winning by 20 points or winning by 1 some managers see value in getting 60 minutes regardless how the game is going out of their best team

You don't think it's a bit harsh on a young child?

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2017, 10:33:38 AM

In a juvenile game that is pretty ridiculous and maybe one of the reasons why come minor most teams are struggling to get a squad together.

All players should be treated equally regardless of their talent as they progress through juvenile levels, it is those 4/5 kids who might not be the best now that will end up being the most important elements of the squad.

Too often mentors are all about winning all way through the juvenile grades and not looking long term, Naomh Eoin and a certain MJ is this perfect example of this.