Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairhead

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 10, 2017, 09:06:27 AM
Did they not restructure for Ballycastle a few years ago?

The last time Ballycastle went down in 2010 I think you'll find Glenariffe sent them down with a last day upset win over Dunloy.

Beyond that clubs voted on any other restructure.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fairhead on August 10, 2017, 11:09:41 PM

The last time Ballycastle went down in 2010 I think you'll find Glenariffe sent them down with a last day upset win over Dunloy.

They beat us twice that year ( I was manager) and went straight up.. tight enough games but they had too much for the other teams, was a one up one down league then... did them no harm and they went on to compete in a county final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Quote from: Glentaisie on August 09, 2017, 09:04:21 PM
Clooney & Creggan won the Intermediate which means they have to play senior for 5 (I think) years

As far as I am aware there is no obligation to go into senior if you win intermediate and same with intermediate/junior. I could be wrong here. Always thought it was just etiquette/stepping up/testing yourself that teams went up to the grade above.

I think the 5 year rule discussed relates to the Ulster Championship. If you win ulster junior then you either can't compete in ulster junior for 5 years or can't represent ulster junior if you win it for 5 years. It might be an Antrim rule re the winning team's participation in Ulster, rather than an Ulster rule. Not sure!!

Anyone clarify which is right? It is a very tough/long rule for those clubs (of which there appear to be a good few) who sit in the bracket of either (i) decent enough to win junior at a push but not intermediate or (ii) decent enough to win intermediate in a good year but get tanked at senior.

Not sure if discussed previously but 2/3 years would probably be fairer? I get that you should not be able to win it/represent Antrim 2 years running.

Minder

Jesus don't mention that again  ;)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Glentaisie

Quote from: Minder on August 11, 2017, 01:02:39 PM

Jesus don't mention that again  ;)

Agent Humpy is in place :-)

MoChara

FROM FACEBOOK
Ruairí Óg CLG
6 mins ·
Tonights (Wed) ACSHL game away to Cloughmills has been cancelled as Cloughmills are unable to field.
Please spread the word.

Strange Cloughmills couldn't get a team for championship or is there something else to this?

paddyjohn

Quote from: MoChara on August 16, 2017, 03:21:29 PM
FROM FACEBOOK
Ruairí Óg CLG
6 mins ·
Tonights (Wed) ACSHL game away to Cloughmills has been cancelled as Cloughmills are unable to field.
Please spread the word.

Strange Cloughmills couldn't get a team for championship or is there something else to this?

Was there not a death on the Cloughmills parish?

ciaran1988

Some big games in division 2s relegation battle tonight. The weather isn't making things any easier for the players. Is all games still on as thinking of travelling to one

Jesusjones

Strange that Cloughmills can't field a team tonight. They've a senior team and a 2nd team that play in the NAJHL...

Jesusjones

With our match off I went to see Glenariff V Armoy. It finished 1-15 each, Armoy played 45 minutes with 14 men after Johnny McErlain got sent off. Some good scores from both teams.

breakingball

tight for the drop in div 2 but also for the top in div 3

tonights results
sarsfields beat na magha
st endas beat lamh dhearg
cushendun v dungannon not played

imtommygunn

Only 48 points in the loughgiel rossa match!

You could have blew that one up early mr!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2017, 07:48:41 AM
Only 48 points in the loughgiel rossa match!

You could have blew that one up early mr!

Be very unfair on Loughgiel who were chasing a big score on Cushendall, to be fair I didn't add on any injury time ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

How could that game have been so one sided? Thats a fairly embarrassing scoreline
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Lgiel have +65 points over Cdall in terms of scoring now so its a bit of a farce of a way to win a league whenever the team in second gets awarded the points and no chance to help their scoring difference.

still i dont think anyone will lose any sleep in Cdall over who wins the league.
hurl like f**k boi!