Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SillyAsFaugh

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2017, 04:51:21 PM
Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on August 08, 2017, 04:43:13 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on August 08, 2017, 04:20:50 PM
Bad if clubs are complaining and getting a team thrown out for using an underage player...

If they had of beaten my team or put them out later in a later championship round I wouldn't be pleased knowing that they shouldn't be in the competition.

What part did the lad play? full match come on as a sub?

Started, think he played most of the game

Glentaisie

Quote from: Usain on August 08, 2017, 08:56:53 PM
Quote from: Glentaisie on August 08, 2017, 04:48:24 PM
Quote from: Usain on August 08, 2017, 10:30:33 AM

Great game in prospect at Rossa tomo night. Town in good form at the minute with the new management team. Rossa not looking so good coming into this. Winner takes all in terms of league survival. I'll take a spin across and watch this one. Fairly confident of a ballycastle win.

I don't see how you work that out Usain.  Since Raymond was ousted they've played 2 teams that they'd played previously:
v Dunloy (May 14) 4 pt defeat
v Dunloy (Jul 27) 15 pt defeat

v Cloughmills (Apr 30) 10 pt win
v Cloughmills ( Aug 5) 9 pt win

So you could easily argue that they've gone back not improved.

I'd guess you're basing it on the fact that they've won their last couple of games but they've been against Cloughmills who haven't won a game all season and against Rossa who have been as you say " not looking so good coming into this".
So again I don't see any basis for thinking Ballycastle have improved.

I don't doubt that the Town will beat Rossa on Wednesday and avoid relegation but that's more down to the (lack of) quality of the opposition rather than the wonderful new management.

Well if you put it like that sir maybe they have went backways lol

Wednesday night will tell us more. Should be a clanker

Clanker might describe it perfectly!  Ballycastle by at least 12

Dunloy v Loughgiel on the other hand should be a clinker.  Loughgiel by 5

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on August 09, 2017, 08:41:33 AM
Bad if clubs are complaining and getting a team thrown out for using an underage player...

If they had of beaten my team or put them out later in a later championship round I wouldn't be pleased knowing that they shouldn't be in the competition.

Who do Carey get in the next round?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2017, 02:17:55 PM
Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on August 09, 2017, 08:41:33 AM

Who do Carey get in the next round?

Randalstown
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

The most open competition in Antrim each year i think, despite the heavy defeats if you were to base this on league form or positions in league 2 or 3/4 teams you'd come up with different results, but the team that puts in the effort usually wins, can see that with St Enda's over the past few years.. Carey have been knocking at the door and Sarsfields have/ should be a lot better in Championship, they have just lost their way in the championships over the years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ciaran1988

Can I ask without offending anyone as I've been out of the county a few years now why are Clooney Gaels and Creggan playing in the Senior Championship. 1 is bottom of division 2 and the other are in division 3/4. With them being drawn to play Cushendall and Loughgiel respectively one can only see 2 hammerings for them which surely won't do them any favours.

Glentaisie

Clooney & Creggan won the Intermediate which means they have to play senior for 5 (I think) years

Glentaisie

Quote from: Glentaisie on August 09, 2017, 08:58:15 AM

Clanker might describe it perfectly! Ballycastle by at least 12

Got this badly wrong.

Management need sacked immediately.

Committee should also step down immediately.

I'm raging at this.  Relegated because of the disgraceful behaviour of some senior players and committee members.  Stabbed a decent man in the back and still got relegated.

No more than they deserve but our club deserves better.

Disgraceful!

johnneycool

Glentaisie

Rossa 2-18 Town 2-15

To be fair that's good scoring from Rossa after the last few outings

Mcquillans man

Glentaise maybe you should put your name forward for one of these positions in stead of giving off on here about it , by the sounds of it you know everything??

SillyAsFaugh

Be surprised if Ballycastle go down, county will likely restructure the league to keep them up!

hurlingstick

The town will bounce straight back up. Maybe it took this year to wake a lot of people up in the club. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Fairhead

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on August 09, 2017, 10:21:20 PM
Be surprised if Ballycastle go down, county will likely restructure the league to keep them up!

I take it your a Carey man going by your name. You might be in favour of league restructuring yourself, it might save youse from going down to Div. 3  :P

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glentaisie on August 09, 2017, 09:07:06 PM
Quote from: Glentaisie on August 09, 2017, 08:58:15 AM

Clanker might describe it perfectly! Ballycastle by at least 12

Got this badly wrong.

Management need sacked immediately.

Committee should also step down immediately.

I'm raging at this.  Relegated because of the disgraceful behaviour of some senior players and committee members.  Stabbed a decent man in the back and still got relegated.

No more than they deserve but our club deserves better.

Disgraceful!

Disgraceful is based on how they have performed over the season, not against the teams at the bottom...

Rossa from what I seen (ten minutes of first half and ten of second) were the better team. As said they were 9 points up at one stage and bar the strangest goal they let in before half time would have been further in front.. that's not yo say the Castle can't play but they had no consistency over the season so they might do better in a knockout situation.