Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on October 12, 2019, 08:13:45 PM
An epic battle today, expect Cargin gang to be on soon enough giving out about the referee - their abuse from the crowd was in turn hilarious and pretty obscene. That was a very hard match to ref and he got the big calls spot on. Fair play to both sides, both contributed hugely to a very dramatic final. Some of the scores today were outrageous. Some championship.

Thought the ref did well. Fair play to him

imtommygunn

An epic battle today, expect Cargin gang to be on soon enough giving out about the referee - their abuse from the crowd was in turn hilarious and pretty obscene. That was a very hard match to ref and he got the big calls spot on. Fair play to both sides, both contributed hugely to a very dramatic final. Some of the scores today were outrageous. Some championship.

Yeah hard game to ref. Threatened to boil over a few times but kept under control. All in all did not too bad to be fair. Some fans will always complain about the ref.

Some defining moments in the game.  Ld could have settled it first period of extra time but missed some but then Cargin 4 points up in normal time could have closed it out too so you could argue for both teams. Ld will be sore about the first half goals though.

Very entertaining all in all.

Hoof Hearted

Got big calls alright but not sure about his watch
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

A lot of messing about was going on so I think plenty of injury time was needed.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 12, 2019, 08:25:53 PM
A lot of messing about was going on so I think plenty of injury time was needed.

Over 4 mins in the second period of ET
Seemed long

BrendanAntrim

Between Cargin being awarded a free and actually taking it there was a full 2 mins, thats just one play. Thought the time added on at end of normal time and ET was correct. The Cargin ones beside us screaming 'cheat!' at the ref were hilarious. I asked them for one example of what he got wrong and they clammed up.

Hoof Hearted

Aye normal time was probably ok
The 4 minutes at the end of a 10 minute period just seemed strange

imtommygunn

I thought it was about right there was that much messing about going on.

CornerBackNo2

Ref was good in my opinion. Terrific game with Lamh Dhearg's mini-comebacks each time they conceded a goal a joy to watch. Enthralling contest that could easily have gone to penalties. Well done to Cargin.

Spike

Great game, some super scores, Cargin really clicked in extra time and played some super football.  Thought LD were better team until cargin got to grips with their midfield in 2nd half and then imposed themselves thereafter.  Conor murray and tomas mccann were unplayable today.     Thought additional minutes in normal and extra time were very strange. 

Ps what numpty thought it was a good idea to turn a disabled man with a ticket away from the game??  Surely anyone with any cop on would realise that was a) wrong and b) would reflect poorly on our occasion??

under the bar

Any chance that the team from the Belfast can teach their supporters to pronouce the named of the club correctly? "Lamb Derg" makes everyone else cringe ffs

stiffler

I was neutral on the result until midweek until I seen maritin lynch spouting to the press that they would definitely win the replay.

I have no love for Cargin (mainly due to their "fans") but glad they won the replay after Lynch's arrogance / gamesmanship.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

imtommygunn

I thought injury time was fine. Normal time injury time just about covered how long the Cargin goalie was down for!!

bannside

Interesting way of looking at that Stiffler. I took the opposite view though. Heres a manager with 6 tough games played, weariness now a major factor, just after having lost a five point advantage and a lot of people thinking his team had just missed the boat. What would you do if a reporter called asking for a few quotes?

Lynch knew the quote could easily backfire but he took an opportunity to breath a bit of belief back into his players. He took that one for the team was the way I saw the comment. Id expect 9/10 good managers to do the same!

Epic effort by both clubs, great advert for Antrim football, commiseration to LD, and well done Carragan one more time.

Spike

I think you give mr lynch too much credit BS.  Some people just love a microphone. He gave cargin's teamtalk for them.